What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 V Roosters

Whino

Bench
With Martin a good chance to be picked for the Blues. It would be a good time for Smith to get some minutes off the bench in preparation.

Whino

Bench
You might beat Dogs to the spoon, has the Parra dive already started?

The Parramatta fade out usually happens the last 3rd of the season.
2021: Won 12 out of their 1st 15 matches. Then lost the 6 out of the remaining 10 matches.
2020: Won 11 out of 13. Then won only 4 out of the remaining 9 matches.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Broncos at $4.00 against the Bunnies in Rnd 9 was too good to refuse. I actually got on them 13+ at $6.25. Was very happy.

I wouldn't even waste a single dollar on the Roosters this weekend though.
Had Tigers @ $9 when they beat the Eels earlier in the year... Good times for my betting account

Original Name

Juniors
He is one to of been poorly managed in NSW Cup.

Been getting 20 mins off the bench because the starters play long minutes
His physicality in defence needs work. Look at the try we conceded in the trial against the Sharks and that was down to him not getting up off the line and making a solid impact on the guy with the ball. He's talented but he doesn't really run that hard and relies on his size and skill which is common in young talented big kids and that's still good enough to do something a lot of the time. Needs time to realize how big he is and believe in the impact he can have on have on games if he goes out there and rips in.

murraymob

First Grade
Haha tell me that in October, long way to go yet. East's have mostly been rubbish so far and yet they sit in 4th spot. Also ran you say. I remember the South's fans going on like that in 2015, the fall was long and painful for them.
Your squad is on the rise.some outstanding young talent .But I don’t think it’s your year this year.But no doubt over the next few year you will be there

Iamback

Coach
His physicality in defence needs work. Look at the try we conceded in the trial against the Sharks and that was down to him not getting up off the line and making a solid impact on the guy with the ball. He's talented but he doesn't really run that hard and relies on his size and skill which is common in young talented big kids and that's still good enough to do something a lot of the time. Needs time to realize how big he is and believe in the impact he can have on have on games if he goes out there and rips in.

Not sure he gets that dominating kids though

Iamback

Coach
I guess it depends how soon you think we need him. Garner is being brought here as a stop gap for 2 years as I understand it. That's 3 years counting this year. A lot of time to develop.

Doesn't he move into the Full time squad next year?

For me I think you should have the 30 man squad should be ready to play FG.

I get there are no injuries but a simple fix is when Riki goes to centre to cover Rob Jennings. Instead of bringing on a 30 year old who won't play FG. Give him 40 mins against players pushing FG instead of kids

Original Name

Juniors
Doesn't he move into the Full time squad next year?

For me I think you should have the 30 man squad should be ready to play FG.

I get there are no injuries but a simple fix is when Riki goes to centre to cover Rob Jennings. Instead of bringing on a 30 year old who won't play FG. Give him 40 mins against players pushing FG instead of kids
Ready to play FB as depth if injuries or suspensions occur is where I think he'll be next year not starting in the first choice team. Plenty of players can play first grade. It's doing it week in week out consistently that's the difference between a young raw, talent kid and say a guy like Chris Smith who's been around the block and will play a 6.5/10 or something similar every week if required.

Last edited:

Original Name

Juniors
You know looking at Mitch Kenny size on the field compared to our other forwards there's no way he's 90kgs but that's his weight according to online info. Victor Radley's playing weight has been around 90kgs since he started in the NRL with him being roughly the same size now and Kenny's gotten much bigger than him. He's bulked up a lot since his weight was posted, the guy looks 100kgs+. He looks bigger than Hopgood who's recorded as 102kgs. I'd like to know his real playing weight.

Something about his game I am positive about is he was getting onto his back a lot last year when he ran from hooker when he was smaller and because of that he seemed to run less. I don't remember precisely how he did when he played in the forwards last year but this year it feels like he's making a bigger impact on his runs because I'm actually noticing him. Hopefully that translates to his runs from hooker, not carving up like Harry Grant but at least not getting turned onto his back. Typically you'd want to slim down to play hooker moving from back row/prop to move faster and have more stamina for more tackling but for Kenny's strengths and weaknesses I think his best weight comes down to the limit of his stamina and he's got a great motor. Within reason I wouldn't mind him sacrificing some speed, he's still going to be more mobile than the real big boys in the forwards which is where it would matter.

Last edited:

Iamback

Coach
Ready to play FB as depth if injuries or suspensions occur is where I think he'll be next year not starting in the first choice team. Plenty of players can play first grade. It's doing it week in week out consistently that's the difference between a young raw, talent kid and say a guy like Chris Smith who's been around the block and will play a 6.5/10 or something similar every week if required.

Chris Smith likely isn't here next year. Mav will be the back up 2nd rower unless we sign someone. So needs to be ready to play FG if needed

Latest posts