What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs the Rabbitohs

GongPanther

Referee
Another great game by the Riff. As previously stated I don’t follow the club as a supporter, but I cannot believe how good this team and culture is. They are as fine oiled of any team I have seen in the NRL era.
Must say Latrell looked unfit and visited KFC Macca’s had been his training diet by the look of his guts.
More like a lack of match fitness. He'll be as good a gold by the time SOO gets here.

mxlegend99

Referee
Cleary has scored 10 more points (140) so far after 11 rounds than the Dog's attack. BTW, who got the Dally Messenger points? Surely it has to be Cleary getting the three points again.
Burton might have gotten 3. But surely it was Cleary. He's on fire lately.

Nathan with 5 tries and 4 try assists against a couple of highly rated sides past 2 weeks. 56 points to his name the past 2 rounds. 28 both games... And this week he gets to pad his numbers against Bulldogs.

GongPanther

Referee
Burton might have gotten 3. But surely it was Cleary. He's on fire lately.

Nathan with 5 tries and 4 try assists against a couple of highly rated sides past 2 weeks. 56 points to his name the past 2 rounds. 28 both games... And this week he gets to pad his numbers against Bulldogs.
He is certainly in a purple patch of form. And you'll be on a hat-trick with your footy punting. Good luck!

mxlegend99

Referee
24-22 to us after a pen goal in the 79th min. Panthers had their usual slow start with Souths leading 14-0 at one stage of the 1st half. But once Tago was shifted back to the centres, the heavens opened up.
Wallace obviously learned a lot in his time under Hook

Honestly though. Every NRL injury or suspension requires a NSW Cup player to step up. Ontop of their injuries and suspensions. So the side is missing a few players and has more chopping and changing of roster than our NRL side. Especially after the COVID weekend and then having a bye. Hard to get consistent footy in for us yet still winning games

mxlegend99

Referee
Lockyer gave Burton the 3 points and Cleary only got 2. Shit like this is why Cleary won't win the Dally M.

Turbo keeps getting 3 every week. Cleary piles on 28 points with 2 tries. 2 try assists and still only gets 2 points.

Turbo has this award wrapped up if he stays fit. He's gonna get points every week. Cleary will miss out some weeks purely because everyone in our team is great each week.

Abacus

Juniors
Lockyer gave Burton the 3 points and Cleary only got 2. Shit like this is why Cleary won't win the Dally M.

Turbo keeps getting 3 every week. Cleary piles on 28 points with 2 tries. 2 try assists and still only gets 2 points.

Turbo has this award wrapped up if he stays fit. He's gonna get points every week. Cleary will miss out some weeks purely because everyone in our team is great each week.
Might have to start calling Cleary "Harry"...hopefully Nath gives Turbo his 2nd close loss (after Harry at the Corso) at the end of the year.

kinghippo

Juniors
I have always been a big fan but Nathan Cleary really has surprised me.
He is showing absolutely no weakness in his game and continues to be better each week.

The team seems to be a direct reflection of him at the moment as we just get better and better.

franklin2323

Immortal

That is the why it is hard for guys in good teams to win. You have to absolutely carve up to win it

betcats

Referee
Clearys lead is still a good one, he will be in the points most weeks we play so he is a good shot. Can't complain about burton getting the 3 yesterday he was carving up from his first touch to his last.

snickers007

Juniors

Wait why was Locky doing the Dally M points for this game? I thought you had to watch the game in person to adjudicate. Gotta be a typo right?

betcats

Referee
Some people on this site refuse to give IC the credit he deserves. Well done Ivan 28 wins one loss in last 29 games. We will be much better in this year's GF hopefully a big win!!

Yep he is doing incredibly well getting that kind of consistency out of a young team, most of our players are not established rep players, Ivan is developing them while also completely dominating the league with them. He deserves a ton of credit. Some people still talk about him holding players back or not using them right.....look at all players he has playing well every week, almost everyone is in career best form. Capewell has improved out of sight under Ivan. Our benchies ike Huth and Sorenson do their jobs very well and every debut seems to be a good one. Getting them ready to play at such a high level every week is a huge achievement.

mxlegend99

Referee
Wait why was Locky doing the Dally M points for this game? I thought you had to watch the game in person to adjudicate. Gotta be a typo right?
Not sure. Just saw the voting here

Screenshot_2021-05-24-09-37-02-08.jpg

Burton had a fantastic game without doubt. But Nathan was the one controlling it so well.

Honestly the sad part is only 3 players could get points when everyone was doing their job well. But Cleary was easily the most important player on the field.

The Realist

Juniors
So happy with this team. Everyone is putting in a top effort in all the little things both on and off the ball.

Crazy to think we have improvement in us but we do. Kikau is still a little 'off' this season with a few silly plays/errors a game and Luai is starting to get a little penalty happy (or Refs are watching him and his niggle more closely).

Mansour just proved how right we were to move him on - he just doesn't have the speed, agility or defensive smarts to be a good winger anymore. His errors and lack of speed are more costly than the 'good' he brings with his hit ups. The same was true last year.

I also love hearing Nathan Cleary in his interviews - always refusing to be satisfied and identifying what he and the team could have done better. Many in this and other forums consistently derided this type of thinking as 'negative' but what I have always said is that it is a WINNERS MENTALITY.

So Glad that the coach and our best player have that mentality now.

The only true negative I can see with the club is seeing how well Matt Burton is playing and knowing he will be gone next season. I think we missed a trick not offering him the fullback role as harsh as that would be on Edwards.

betcats

Referee
So happy with this team. Everyone is putting in a top effort in all the little things both on and off the ball.

Crazy to think we have improvement in us but we do. Kikau is still a little 'off' this season with a few silly plays/errors a game and Luai is starting to get a little penalty happy (or Refs are watching him and his niggle more closely).

Mansour just proved how right we were to move him on - he just doesn't have the speed, agility or defensive smarts to be a good winger anymore. His errors and lack of speed are more costly than the 'good' he brings with his hit ups. The same was true last year.

I also love hearing Nathan Cleary in his interviews - always refusing to be satisfied and identifying what he and the team could have done better. Many in this and other forums consistently derided this type of thinking as 'negative' but what I have always said is that it is a WINNERS MENTALITY.

So Glad that the coach and our best player have that mentality now.

The only true negative I can see with the club is seeing how well Matt Burton is playing and knowing he will be gone next season. I think we missed a trick not offering him the fullback role as harsh as that would be on Edwards.

They are just a hungry, hungry team right now. Probably stating the obvious but you couldn't ask for a better response after that GF choke, they have ticked every box and then some.

Latest posts