What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 vs the Rabbitohs

The only thing that’s concerning me is the lack of tough games, but we do play the Roosters, Storm and Eels before the finals so that should help toughen us up for the point end.

Jane Murray

Bench
I've just watched the game, curtesy of the NRL video. What a subline game. A near perfect one at that. Martin killed it at prop. Now that Capewell will be suspended, who takes his spot, and who drops out? What a wonder position to be in?

franklin2323

Immortal
The only thing that’s concerning me is the lack of tough games, but we do play the Roosters, Storm and Eels before the finals so that should help toughen us up for the point end.

The draw looks set up well. I know we flogged them but Souths are better then that.

Last 10 weeks play:

Roosters
Parra x 2
Melbourne
Souths

Perfect build up

GongPanther

Referee
Even in a crowd of more than 10,000 people the connections of Penrith players Matt Burton and Isaah Yeo could be stumbled upon.

Dubbo locals Christie Facey and Michelle O'Neill were down by the try-line to witness the South Sydney and Penrith NRL match on Sunday at Apex Oval.

Both women feel it is a massive event for the town and expressed their delight with the match.

"It's been fantastic coming to the country," Ms Facey said.

"It sure is, because I haven't seen Matt Burton play since he was in the under 16s grand final for St Johns and it's really exciting to see him play again," Ms O'Neill added.

Ms O'Neill happens to be the great aunt of Penrith star and Dubbo junior Burton and feels the connection with the Panthers and the town runs deep.

"I know all the Yeos as well it's like one big family from the CYMS people and St John's and of course Mick Wilson who passed away a couple of weeks ago was Isaah's (Yeo) great uncle," she said.

Like Burton, both women hope the match will encourage more Dubbo juniors to consider a potential path to the NRL.

"It's great just great to see them come to the country and promote it more and gives the young kids the chance to see how good they can do if they put the effort in," Ms O'Neill said.

Ms O'Neill also admitted she was a South Sydney fan but her family connections influenced her to support the Panthers when the two sides meet.

"When they play I go for them as long they don't play Penrith," she said.

This may be Burton's first and only game as a Panther in Dubbo after signing to play for the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs next season and Ms O'Neill understands why the decision was made.

"It's a shame but you got to follow your dream," she said

https://www.dailyliberal.com.au/sto...-oval-to-watch-hometown-stars-in-nrl/?cs=9402

I've just watched the game, curtesy of the NRL video. What a subline game. A near perfect one at that. Martin killed it at prop. Now that Capewell will be suspended, who takes his spot, and who drops out? What a wonder position to be in?

Martin will step into Capewell’s position I would imagine. Perhaps have Sorensen come in off the bench in Martin’s spot and Spencer to retain his spot.

maple_69

Bench
Martin will step into Capewell’s position I would imagine. Perhaps have Sorensen come in off the bench in Martin’s spot and Spencer to retain his spot.

Interesting to see where Tago slots in given he’s killed it pretty much every game in reggies at centre and second row. Surely he gets a few runs this year and takes either Burton’s spot or Martins bench spot next year.

Girds89

Bench
Interesting to see where Tago slots in given he’s killed it pretty much every game in reggies at centre and second row. Surely he gets a few runs this year and takes either Burton’s spot or Martins bench spot next year.

Every game I've watched he's been WAY more dominant at centre than 2nd row.

He gets a bit more time and space out wide and one on one he's very dangerous.

Hasn't had the same effect at 2nd row and when he went to centre on the weekend he instantly changed the game.

I really think we should be getting him ready to full Burton's left centre spot. Critta on the right. At least for the next few years anyway. Tmays younger brother and turuva both have promise too but tago is nrl ready now imo.

Kilkenny

Coach
Every game I've watched he's been WAY more dominant at centre than 2nd row.

He gets a bit more time and space out wide and one on one he's very dangerous.

Hasn't had the same effect at 2nd row and when he went to centre on the weekend he instantly changed the game.

I really think we should be getting him ready to full Burton's left centre spot. Critta on the right. At least for the next few years anyway. Tmays younger brother and turuva both have promise too but tago is nrl ready now imo.

I think Tago, May, Jenkins, Turuva all have a way to go.

Could any of them fill in for a game or two absolutely are they ready for selection week in week out probably not and there pathway is blocked anyway unless any of the incumbents sustain long term injury.

I think your getting over excited by the next shiny toy in Tago. I hope he continues to improve and puts pressure on the incumbents which will be a good thing.

betcats

Referee
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-ne...hurt-fan/1f8f7c7b-7029-4b5a-b312-0852cd8d2a19

PANTHERS star Matt Burton was a hero in his home town of Dubbo after his hat trick against Souths last weekend - but his stocks have risen even higher after a random act of kindness towards a local youngster who was cruelly attacked after the game.

Charlie Sutton, just 13 and nursing a broken hand from a football injury, was smiling from ear to ear when Panthers centre Stephen Crichton handed him his boot after the game.

But no sooner had young Charlie received the boot than a man in his mid 20s wearing a Souths jumper snatched it off him and ran off.

"We couldn't believe it - for a grown man to do that to a kid with his arm in plaster who was over the moon one second and shattered the next - it was disgusting," Charlie's aunt Amanda Short told WWOS.

"A couple of onlookers even chased after the guy and one grabbed hold of him by the Souths jumper - he just wriggled out of it and kept running - hopefully Karma will get this p---k."

Charlie went home downcast - but Amanda was determined to find a way to make things right.

She posted details of the incident on Facebook - and by the magic of social media they happened to be seen by Burton's mother Lisa.

She told her son about the incident - and Charlie is now the proud owner of a pair of Burton's boots - autographed by the man himself.

"Charlie couldn't believe it when the boots arrived - it restored his faith in life," Amanda said.

"Matt even apologised for not being able to meet Charlie and present him with the boots himself because the team was already back in Sydney.

"Matt Burton, you are a hero - not just for that fabulous hat trick but for showing such compassion to a little kid whose heart had been broken - it means the world to him."

Well done to both of them.

MugaB

Coach
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-ne...hurt-fan/1f8f7c7b-7029-4b5a-b312-0852cd8d2a19

PANTHERS star Matt Burton was a hero in his home town of Dubbo after his hat trick against Souths last weekend - but his stocks have risen even higher after a random act of kindness towards a local youngster who was cruelly attacked after the game.

Charlie Sutton, just 13 and nursing a broken hand from a football injury, was smiling from ear to ear when Panthers centre Stephen Crichton handed him his boot after the game.

But no sooner had young Charlie received the boot than a man in his mid 20s wearing a Souths jumper snatched it off him and ran off.

"We couldn't believe it - for a grown man to do that to a kid with his arm in plaster who was over the moon one second and shattered the next - it was disgusting," Charlie's aunt Amanda Short told WWOS.

"A couple of onlookers even chased after the guy and one grabbed hold of him by the Souths jumper - he just wriggled out of it and kept running - hopefully Karma will get this p---k."

Charlie went home downcast - but Amanda was determined to find a way to make things right.

She posted details of the incident on Facebook - and by the magic of social media they happened to be seen by Burton's mother Lisa.

She told her son about the incident - and Charlie is now the proud owner of a pair of Burton's boots - autographed by the man himself.

"Charlie couldn't believe it when the boots arrived - it restored his faith in life," Amanda said.

"Matt even apologised for not being able to meet Charlie and present him with the boots himself because the team was already back in Sydney.

"Matt Burton, you are a hero - not just for that fabulous hat trick but for showing such compassion to a little kid whose heart had been broken - it means the world to him."

Well done to both of them.
Yep souths fans are a bunch of scabs, might wanna check ebay for stephen critchon signed boot