What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 v Bulldogs

Our offence is bad enough at times but if he goes how do we score tries ?
That's why I feel a little for coach Flanno
He really had little choice but placate Hunt
We have at least one more year with sook

Perhaps it is worth a punt on Talagi as a future 5/8 then KF to half.
We have a big war chest but we also have needs across the park.

We can't afford a proven 6 & 7 but we need at least one.

St Tangles

Bench
I normally settle down after a loss quite quickly as my love of rugby league as a game has reduced overtime due to the way both the game and unfortunately our club are run.
However I'm still livid as when we lose this year we just give up.
And its the Dogs.
I believe I have mentioned it before but I hate the bulldogs more than any other club.

TruSaint

Referee
Flanno knew what he was walking into. I can cop a loss but our losses are embarrassing. Yes there were injuries, bad calls etc, but to leak 38 points in 40 mins is inexcusable. We were not playing Prime Broncos of 93 ffs. There's something inherently wrong at our Club. He has a massive job.

Gomarchin

Juniors
Flanno knew what he was walking into. I can cop a loss but our losses are embarrassing. Yes there were injuries, bad calls etc, but to leak 38 points in 40 mins is inexcusable. We were not playing Prime Broncos of 93 ffs. There's something inherently wrong at our Club. He has a massive job.
We've always had a weak mentality (since 1999) and only Bennett was able to fix this for 3 years.

Every other coach has struggled to address the weak mentality and fragile mindset that is ingrained in this club.

I had hope that Flanno could fix it but after 12 games it doesn't appear he can fix it and on top of that we are unable to recruit any quality players to the club.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Flano looked and sounded totally broken last night…. Close to tears and looked unwell. He can to everything himself at this club…. haven’t heard from the CEO for months, football manager, recruitment manager…. Have all gone missing in action…. It’s poor oldp Flano doing everything and I think from his body language it has taken its toll…. Hope it hasn’t got to the stage where he walks out

We've always had a weak mentality (since 1999) and only Bennett was able to fix this for 3 years.

Every other coach has struggled to address the weak mentality and fragile mindset that is ingrained in this club.

I had hope that Flanno could fix it but after 12 games it doesn't appear he can fix it and on top of that we are unable to recruit any quality players to the club.
look at the talent Bennet had to address "mentality"
12 games with our mob - I'd like to see Bennet fix that

maestro1

Bench
Just to add to what i said last night- Lomax and De Belin are our 2 best players , but they both have mistakes in them that are costing us dearly. De Belin still has problems holding the ball- his loss last night cost us a try. Lomaxs stupid professional foul cost us plenty. We couldn't defend with only 12 players that close to the end.
Its great to be our best defender and best attacker, but surely giving away points with stupid mistakes has got to stop. Theyve both had this problem for years now, and it hasn't been addressed. I cant fault either for effort, but please- stop the silly small things that cost us big time.
And on review the refs/ sideline were worse than i thought. Surely someone at the top needs to have a meeting with the NRL to discuss this. Im getting sick of the dud calls week in , week out. Reminds me of Anzac Day all over again
Debellin's mistake rate over his career is extremely low. Not sure where you are getting your stats from? Especially when you consider he has always played big minutes

maestro1

Bench
Theyre saying Suaalii has the wing spot also, so Lomax likely to still be here next week.. I think Zac played himself out of the spot if it was close, though tbf I thought the sinbin was very harsh and the penalty was a bit unlucky.. the defender barely left the ground and did it at the last second when zac had his head down for the tackle.
He had a powerful 1st half and not even the best player in the NRL would have played well in the second half with 75% possession against you. Did we have a good player in the last 40min? Not one of our players played well for us in the second half

TruSaint

Referee
Flano looked and sounded totally broken last night…. Close to tears and looked unwell. He can to everything himself at this club…. haven’t heard from the CEO for months, football manager, recruitment manager…. Have all gone missing in action…. It’s poor oldp Flano doing everything and I think from his body language it has taken its toll…. Hope it hasn’t got to the stage where he walks out

Yeah I saw it mate.

I feel for him be sent out to a presser alone. If our Captain wasn't ( for whatever reason ) available, then surely the a senior member of the squad should have been there. It was embarrassing.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
He said some of our reggies boys played well. It looks like some changes will be made, I hope.

Also, wasn't just close to tears... he was moved to tears.

justadragon

Bench
Well here are my thoughts and my thoughts only, I believe we are putting together a good JF and KOE side, we already won SG Ball. I would rather those players stay in that grade and get some happiness and maybe finals and GF experience. Let our flogs in NRL get smashed and have the life sucked out of them without staining our juniors or completely demolishing their confidence. Maybe a couple of games right at the end of the season to get a bit of a view, but I would really like to see our lower grades fighting it out this year, it would be nice to see Dragons side on GF day, rather than the shit shows and embarrassment of the past few years

Dragons4me

Juniors
Well here are my thoughts and my thoughts only, I believe we are putting together a good JF and KOE side, we already won SG Ball. I would rather those players stay in that grade and get some happiness and maybe finals and GF experience. Let our flogs in NRL get smashed and have the life sucked out of them without staining our juniors or completely demolishing their confidence. Maybe a couple of games right at the end of the season to get a bit of a view, but I would really like to see our lower grades fighting it out this year, it would be nice to see Dragons side on GF day, rather than the shit shows and embarrassment of the past few years

In Flanno I trust. His tears in the pressa shows he gives a shit. I'm here for the long haul too.
Go you mighty Dragons!!

I'm Hornby

Juniors
He has put it all on himself.

Ryles had the foresight to demand changes to make the role of head coach more influential, so why didn't an experienced premiership winning coach like Flanagan demand the same?

As a supporter base we should be supporting coaching candidates who demand the changes that us long suffering supporters know are needed, when we had the choice last year most supporters wanted fraud Flanno. His arrogance and delusion that he could do everything himself means that he has brought all of this anguish on himself.