What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 V Dogs

betcats

Referee
Cook had zero runs yesterday ZERO. The NSW pack got dominated in game 3 and Cook was half the reason

Yep his running is elite but he is pretty average in all other areas, his service can really let him down at times. Api is a weapon in defence and he has that craftiness and deception around the ruck that really helps our forwards and halves.

Pomoz

Bench
Cook had zero runs yesterday ZERO. The NSW pack got dominated in game 3 and Cook was half the reason
No dummy half, including Cook, can run if they don't get a decent play the ball. The South's forwards were completely owned yesterday. Tom Burgess and Tatola between them, run for 172m with 86m post contact yesterday. JFH run for 196m, with 77m post contact on his own.

With 103m run metres and 53m post contact, Spencer Leniu made more run metres and post contact than every single South's forward in just 26 minutes.

Damian Cook had to make 52 tackles. I think I understand why he didn't get to run. To be fair to Cook, the Panther's pack is a thing of beauty and destruction.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
N
No dummy half, including Cook, can run of they don't get a decent play the ball. The South's forwards were completely owned yesterday. Tom Burgess and Tatola between them, run for 172m with 86m post contact yesterday. JFH run for 196m, with 77m post contact on his own.

With 103m run metres and 53m post contact, Spencer Leniu made more run metres and post contact than every single South's forward in just 26 minutes.

Damian Cook had to make 52 tackles. I think I understand why he didn't get to run. To be fair to Cook, the Panther's pack is a thing of beauty and destruction.

This is true but the thing with Cook is he doesnt really have much besides that running game, even his servicecan be below par. The other good hookers in the game have some ball playing and skill that he just doesnt have so even if the forwards are being smashed they can impact the game positively. Api is always doing little things around the ruck to help get us on the front foot and he is a brilliant defender, he doesnt have to run the ball very much and he is still a big asset for us.

Pomoz

Bench
I noted that JFH got zero Dally M points, but as usual he was brilliant and was the cornerstone of the pack. If JFH fires, we win. It's that simple.

I marvel at his ability to hit the line, smashing into blokes who are bigger than him and yet he still makes progress forward. He must be incredibly strong for his size (like Paul Gallen was) and he has this fierce determination that is frankly, scary.

One day, people will wear with pride tee-shirts that say "I was trampled over by JFH". Small children will ask with awe "Grandad, tell us about the day you were smashed by JFH".

Grandad will reply "Ahh yes, I remember it like yesterday. He was taking his third hit up of the set and finally, I could see him he was heading my way".

"Oh Grandad, did he have those Shark eyes showing", Grandad smiles "Yes he did, his famous steely stare. Two people in the crowd looked him in the eyes and they fainted just from a mere glance. Luckily, I was focused on his chest, getting ready for impact. I could see him clearly now, he was just metres away and it was my chance to tackle him, just like I dreamed of".

The children gasped, 'What happened next Grandad?". "Well, he did what he always did, he just trampled straight over the top of me, dragging two team mates along the ground. His foot left its mark on my chest. You can still see the imprint to this day".

"Oh, can we see it Grandad?", squealed the smallest child. "Of course, I'm very lucky to have played against him". He stood up and opened his shirt, in the middle of his chest was a perfectly shaped imprint of a boot. "Oh Grandad, he was size 11".

I am quite sure that the bogey man checks under his bed at night to make sure JFH isn't there......

Last edited:

kinghippo

Juniors
Im looking forward to the origin period tbh, it will be good to see some of these guys get a chance, possibly a debut from one of young guys I always find them exciting.
Sitting in such a strong position on the ladder takes the pressure off. We can afford to gamble with a few debuts and position changes.
Ivan is very conservative though.
I suspect he won't rest anyone this week.

Pomoz

Bench
This is true but the thing with Cook is he doesnt really have much besides that running game, even his service can be below par. The other good hookers in the game have some ball playing and skill that he just doesnt have so even if the forwards are being smashed they can impact the game positively. Api is always doing little things around the ruck to help get us on the front foot and he is a brilliant defender, he doesn't have to run the ball very much and he is still a big asset for us.
Shhh. The last thing we need is Api, Luai, Yeo ,Cleary and Tooh being picked. Let them pick their usual Manly, Rooster, Souths boys and we will keep quiet the fact that our team is shaping up as one of the best to play the game.

In a loud voice, "BESIDES, THE PANTHERS CAN"T DO IT IN THE BIG GAMES".

WestyLife

First Grade
Shhh. The last thing we need is Api, Luai, Yeo ,Cleary and Tooh being picked. Let them pick their usual Manly, Rooster, Souths boys and we will keep quiet the fact that our team is shaping up as one of the best to play the game.

In a loud voice, "BESIDES, THE PANTHERS CAN"T DO IT IN THE BIG GAMES".

Big game experience benefits the team immensely.

murraymob

Coach
No
I disagree. That experience will make them better players, and will give them experience for the finals.
t always api has been around a long time .He is at his peak can not see him being better .Lua on the other hand is a kid and would learn a lot from the experience.So it horses for courses

Jane Murray

Bench
No

t always api has been around a long time .He is at his peak can not see him being better .Lua on the other hand is a kid and would learn a lot from the experience.So it horses for courses
A blanket statement was made, saying that no one from our side, should be picked, Luai, Martin, Burton, and Crichton should be picked. Yeo, hopefully, retains his spot, and Cleary will.

Panther Mick

Juniors
I disagree. That experience will make them better players, and will give them experience for the finals.

I'd rather a couple selected and a few in the extended squad soaking up the experience. I don't want half a dozen players out.
I have many a side over the years derailed by the Origin. It can be an exhausting series.
I have seen some players that aren't ready or suited to it get chewed up and spat out. Nathan Merritt for one. They don't all get good experiences from it.

No way is Burton ready for it. I wouldn't pick Crichton either.

They got finals experience last year.

betcats

Referee
Burton would handle it I think. Look at the team QLD beat us with last year, Bennett had no problem throwing younger less experienced guys in there like Allan and Coates. I know he didnt have a lot of choices but he still backed them to do the job.

I noted that JFH got zero Dally M points, but as usual he was brilliant and was the cornerstone of the pack. If JFH fires, we win. It's that simple.

I marvel at his ability to hit the line, smashing into blokes who are bigger than him and yet he still makes progress forward. He must be incredibly strong for his size (like Paul Gallen was) and he has this fierce determination that is frankly, scary.

One day, people will wear with pride tee-shirts that say "I was trampled over by JFH". Small children will ask with awe "Grandad, tell us about the day you were smashed by JFH".

Grandad will reply "Ahh yes, I remember it like yesterday. He was taking his third hit up of the set and finally, I could see him he was heading my way".

"Oh Grandad, did he have those Shark eyes showing", Grandad smiles "Yes he did, his famous steely stare. Two people in the crowd looked him in the eyes and they fainted just from a mere glance. Luckily, I was focused on his chest, getting ready for impact. I could see him clearly now, he was just metres away and it was my chance to tackle him, just like I dreamed of".

The children gasped, 'What happened next Grandad?". "Well, he did what he always did, he just trampled straight over the top of me, dragging two team mates along the ground. His foot left its mark on my chest. You can still see the imprint to this day".

"Oh, can we see it Grandad?", squealed the smallest child. "Of course, I'm very lucky to have played against him". He stood up and opened his shirt, in the middle of his chest was a perfectly shaped imprint of a boot. "Oh Grandad, he was size 11".

I am quite sure that the bogey man checks under his bed at night to make sure JFH isn't there......

Chuck Norris fears JFH :thumbsup:

forby

Juniors
Fittler will stick by Walker and Cook. They were there before and he likes stability regardless of form!