What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs Roosters

Like to see some positional changes from Carr, if they work our next coach may also implement them. Sloan closer in so we can utilize his ball skills, Lomax to take his place as is a waste when a man of his talent is only given room to run 70m. We all saw just before oranges what Amone is capable off when he has room to take on the defense but he is not a ball player, yet . Sully is not one either. Above all else we need a clever organiser in the halves. Liddle must remain the starting hooker, interchanging with Hunt. JDB is doing a great job at prop, he'd do same even playing in the halves he is that good, but fact is we need a big bopper in the engine room with ball skills, as we have no vital second phase play at the moment. We need a couple more strong hitting defenders like JDB and Lawrie, how many opposition tries come from our brittle middle defense.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
OK, one swallow doesn't make a summer, but how good was it to finally win a close one? Best of all was to see the team actually competing in the 80th minute of the game. There may have been a few flat spots in defence during the game, but that just means there is still room for improvement! What an enjoyable weekend this will be!

blacksafake

First Grade
I watched the game and noticed the following:
1. Sloan: The coaching staff need to work on his defence (the tackle that he missed and let to Roosters 3rd try) and also positioning (Early in first half Roosters kicked and the ball landed close to the sideline - I have noticed seasoned fullbacks will have a foot out and catch the ball - Sloan let the ball bounce).
2. Forwards: We leak a lot of points through the middle specially inside balls. When Tedesco got the ball and scored Roosters first try next to the poles there was none of our players near him!
3. Amone: Couple of his grubber kicks went out in full. He needs to have better control over his grubbers like Hunt.
4. Liddle: Fitness seems to be an issue. By now (11 rounds to season) he should have been fully fit and capable of playing 80 minutes. When he is in the field the team performs so much better.
5. Sullivan: Maybe Amone goes to 14 and Sullivan starts.
The Tedesco try was a mile forward

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Mother in law is a dragons tragic. You guys have had it tough for a while. Hopefully a little while longer yet 😜 but nice one with the win. Was weird cheering for you guys. Sucked in to Robinson. The bloke is so smug and full of his own self importance. He thought he had it with that Tedesco try.
We all thought they had it with that Tedesco try. The dragons got extremely lucky. But I’ll take it. Good luck to the sharks today mate.

RedVDave

First Grade
Anyone else notice at the press conference last night we had the Roosters sponsorship advertised and not ours, I'm not looking negatives after a great win but it pisses me off we can't even get the most basic of fundamentals right.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230520-111603.png
    Screenshot_20230520-111603.png
    244.9 KB · Views: 4

Dragons4me

Juniors
Watched the game at a small south coast club (I live in Sydney) and you'd thought we won the GF. The whole place absolutely erupted, wildly cheering and carrying on. Total strangers but who cared. The relief of a win for the boys was palpable. Huge congrats to them all. What a team. Absolutely love my Dragons!!

Nanadragon

Juniors
Watched the game at a small south coast club (I live in Sydney) and you'd thought we won the GF. The whole place absolutely erupted, wildly cheering and carrying on. Total strangers but who cared. The relief of a win for the boys was palpable. Huge congrats to them all. What a team. Absolutely love my Dragons!!
I said to hubby "that's as good as winning a grand final". It was so good!!
Congrats to the players for trying hard right to the end.

thebigredv

First Grade
Radley charged by the MRC 3-4 weeks suspension. Should have been at the very least 10 in the bin.

4 weeks suspension and Roosters get the penalty.

great work refs!

Illusion

Bench
big difference in the team with dopey hook gone

if carr brings results and gets us a top 8 finish, id sign him
Carr's enthusiasm is a breath of fresh air , and it filtered right down to the playing group ....... I for one don't know how anyone could get up for a game in the presence of Hook , no vibe no biting at the bit to get out there , absolutely no hype with him ...... NO PEOPLE MANAGEMENT SKILLS .......