What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs Roosters

Dragon David

First Grade
"How sweet it is" as Jackie Gleeson used to say.

This is the game that will define what we can achieve by playing for the full 80 minutes and as a team. Yes, the fitness could be improved and I hope that our fitness trainer can get our guys to build up on their upper body and arm strength. It will help to defend stronger. I am sure that that is what the trainers at the Panthers have been able to do to their players - noticed how they can stop an attacker full stop by holding firm with their upper body and arms. We tend to grab and wrestle but the attacker still moves up the field by 3-4 metres before he finally is held to play the ball.

I know that the win won't make our winter, but this particular game had it all in a way and given that in the previous 6 games lady luck wasn't with us, she was in the last 30 seconds for us and those moments I will remember for a long time. The feeling was mesmerising and that feeling of letting out the loud cheer released all of the pent up emotions that were inside me. Such a relief and utter joy.

We WILL be a much improved team next year I have no doubt.

Just as an aside, the article in the Foxsports News below has not been edited by the editor. The reporter said that Lomax wrestled with Tedesco to steal the ball and dropped him but it was Cory Allan. Anyway, Allan's head didn't hit the ground as far as I could tell, it was his back.

getsmarty

Immortal
Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade

bathtime

Juniors
Anyone else notice at the press conference last night we had the Roosters sponsorship advertised and not ours, I'm not looking negatives after a great win but it pisses me off we can't even get the most basic of fundamentals right.
Didnt but well spotted. Some amateurish stuff, Liddle and others still just a silhouette image on dragons website, below par quality for most small businesses these days.
But no I didn't noticed because it was great to hear new coach excited about a win.

steerlerbab

Juniors
Lomax was trying to steal the ball one-on-one. He had his arms wrapped around the ball and not the body. Rooster's player lifted his leg of the ground and tried to use his weight to stop steal. Both Lomax and Rooster's player then crashed to the ground. Luckily, no serious injury to Rooster's player. He could have easily landed on his head or neck. This could have easily turned to similar injury that Alex Mckinnon suffered few years back. Attacking players should be thought how to avoid dangerous situations

Draginzaaar

Bench
"How sweet it is" as Jackie Gleeson used to say.

This is the game that will define what we can achieve by playing for the full 80 minutes and as a team. Yes, the fitness could be improved and I hope that our fitness trainer can get our guys to build up on their upper body and arm strength. It will help to defend stronger. I am sure that that is what the trainers at the Panthers have been able to do to their players - noticed how they can stop an attacker full stop by holding firm with their upper body and arms. We tend to grab and wrestle but the attacker still moves up the field by 3-4 metres before he finally is held to play the ball.

I know that the win won't make our winter, but this particular game had it all in a way and given that in the previous 6 games lady luck wasn't with us, she was in the last 30 seconds for us and those moments I will remember for a long time. The feeling was mesmerising and that feeling of letting out the loud cheer released all of the pent up emotions that were inside me. Such a relief and utter joy.

We WILL be a much improved team next year I have no doubt.

Just as an aside, the article in the Foxsports News below has not been edited by the editor. The reporter said that Lomax wrestled with Tedesco to steal the ball and dropped him but it was Cory Allan. Anyway, Allan's head didn't hit the ground as far as I could tell, it was his back.

You are not allowed to tackle too hard.

Draginzaaar

Bench
Didnt but well spotted. Some amateurish stuff, Liddle and others still just a silhouette image on dragons website, below par quality for most small businesses these days.
But no I didn't noticed because it was great to hear new coach excited about a win.

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    460.3 KB · Views: 12