What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 12 vs. Warriors Discussion + Voting

Tera

Juniors
Are we capable of slowing down the ruck at all? That's two games in a row where they are just rolling through us.

f**king abysmal.

Big Pete

Referee
Disgraceful, that's about all that effort deserves.

I'll vote, but wouldn't be surprised if I'm alone.

3. Jack Reed
2. Josh Hoffman
1. David Hala

Ghoulies

Bench
It's kind of hard to believe that we hired Stephen Kearney as an assistant coach. Kearney might not have gotten in the way at the Storm (who knows, maybe he even did a good job), but it was clear from how we finished last year that Griffin needed help.

So why bring in the guy who probably has the worst first grade coaching record in NRL history?

So many of this club's decisions over the past 5 years have baffled me.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Nah we didn't just get flogged the baby broncs got spanked off the park. Griffin has no idea and Gee's way past being useful. Just a laugh a minute out there tonight. We were running around like headless chooks especially our left side and the rest ...well they just weren't running at all. This one doesn't deserve any analysis. Stone cold SH**HOUSE!

3. Hoffman
2. Reed
1. Norman

whykickamoocow

Juniors
Nah we didn't just get flogged the baby broncs got spanked off the park. Griffin has no idea and Gee's way past being useful. Just a laugh a minute out there tonight. We were running around like headless chooks especially our left side and the rest ...well they just weren't running at all. This one doesn't deserve any analysis. Stone cold SH**HOUSE!

3. Hoffman
2. Reed
1. Norman

This

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
It's kind of hard to believe that we hired Stephen Kearney as an assistant coach. Kearney might not have gotten in the way at the Storm (who knows, maybe he even did a good job), but it was clear from how we finished last year that Griffin needed help.

So why bring in the guy who probably has the worst first grade coaching record in NRL history?

So many of this club's decisions over the past 5 years have baffled me.

Lets list them for reference:

Re-signing Wallace
Signing Kearney
Losing Inglis
Treating Gagai like shit/losing him
Losing Te'o
Losing Taylor
Signing Prince past his best
Not chasing Folau
Not chasing Barba
Not chasing anybody else apparently

Just a cavalcade of monumentally dumb decisions/f**k ups that have led us to where we are today.

Dazzat

First Grade
Lets list them for reference:

Re-signing Wallace
Signing Kearney
Losing Inglis
Treating Gagai like shit/losing him
Losing Te'o
Losing Taylor
Signing Prince past his best
Not chasing Folau
Not chasing Barba
Not chasing anybody else apparently

Just a cavalcade of monumentally dumb decisions/f**k ups that have led us to where we are today.

Totally agree. Reading between the lines, I believe the club has become cocky and arrogant. Where once players may have stayed at the club because of its great culture, maybe, just maybe, that culture has got up and left without the leadership/management realising.

We seem incapable of keeping emerging players, and incapable of attracting any quality Sydney-non-Queensland players, hence we sign players like Prince.

The club is now at the point that its only recruitment area is the Queensland Cup, which we all know is full players that have NOT been scooped up by the talent scouts in the teenage years, or have been tried at the top level and been found wanting (and a few quality players playing out to retirement).

It is therefore so apparent that the greatest ever single loss to the Broncos was Cyril Connell.

1qaz

Juniors
I warn our fans the coach wasn't as good as he was made out to be all those years ago.
I hate to say it.. but.. I TOLD YOU SO :x

He started to lose respect from the players when he god rid of Gagai.
The recruitment of Princess was the final nail for the players.
He's always on about developing our young talent yet he doesn't believe in or develop the talent. Players like Frei, Gagai, Hunt, Baptiste, Norman, Hoffman. Playing them out of position is not developing them.
Instead he goes out and buy former Broncos on their last legs.

He doesn't have balls to drop players. WTF was McCullough doing playing backrow tonight? That's right.. the coach just HAD to have McCullough in the 13 somewhere to fit him alongside Wallace, Prince and Norman.

Onto the game tonight I knew the outcome before kickoff as I am fortune teller.
I knew McCullough would get steamrolled for at least one try. HAHA YEAH the coach thought he found the hard hitting backrow the team has been missing in McCullough LOL. Good work coach.
Whitchurch is always good for an error or 9 which would cost the team at least one try. HAHA YEAH lets chuck a back rower onto the wing and switch our hooker to backrow. This is our new game plan..confusing opposition teams before kick off LOL. GOOD BLOODLY WORK COACH :lol:

to be continued...

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Totally agree. Reading between the lines, I believe the club has become cocky and arrogant. Where once players may have stayed at the club because of its great culture, maybe, just maybe, that culture has got up and left without the leadership/management realising.

We seem incapable of keeping emerging players, and incapable of attracting any quality Sydney-non-Queensland players, hence we sign players like Prince.

The club is now at the point that its only recruitment area is the Queensland Cup, which we all know is full players that have NOT been scooped up by the talent scouts in the teenage years, or have been tried at the top level and been found wanting (and a few quality players playing out to retirement).

It is therefore so apparent that the greatest ever single loss to the Broncos was Cyril Connell.

Someone needs to spraypaint this statement on the walls of Lang Park.

austyphoon

Juniors
The only way the Broncos will be forced to make a move on Griffin is if the crowds stay away.

It will be VERY interesting to see what happens in the next couple of weeks.

gUt

Coach
3. Reed
2. Hoffman
1. Norman

It's clear we were missing Maranta today.

Dazzat

First Grade
3. Reed
2. Hoffman
1. Norman

It's clear we were missing Maranta today.

Yes, we missed Maranta getting smashed every time he returned a kick, but Whitchurch made up for it with multiple errors - dropping the ball, missed tackles, poor defensive decisions.

Bring back Maranta I say!

user_nat

Coach
Need serious changes. At both a player and management level (since the management level doesn't want to do anything positive with the players).

ranga68

Juniors
BRISBANEPos Mins Tackles 1 On 1 Ineffective Missed1.
Corey NormanFullback 80 4 1 1 2
3. Josh HoffmanCentre 1 80 3 2 2 1
20. Jack ReedCentre 1 80 18 1 4 6
8. Josh McGuireProp 154 36 2 1
So how does it add up that reed got man of the match he missed so much in defence and if he looked out side and passed the ball on occasion we may actually score trys. Alex Glen should have done a lot more. Yes macca is to small for aback rower but he had a go. McGuire is not really a front rower he is a back rower made into a front rower. But seeing the players after the game they are filthy at the loss.

3 Hoffman
2 McGuire
1.anderson

Last edited:

00digger00

Juniors
I stopped watching about 10 minutes into the second half. It was not pretty at all.
3 Hoffman
2 Norman
1 Reed
Pretty much these 3 looked like the only ones that wanted to play last night.

hitman82

Bench
Your team shouldn't have been trampled in such epic manner, but the Warriors are a strange side. Our ladder position doesn't really reflect how we've gone this season...
indeed, aside from the thrashing two weeks ago, we've pushed all the top teams to narrow losses and have generally been going pretty well on a match by match basis.

We've lacked the mental composure to put sides away... sooner or later we were always going to click and it looks like we now have. Just shit timing for the baby Broncos, tbh.

You are a mid-ladder team - missing your 4 best players - who came up against a bottom ladder team which has the potential (talent) be an upper ladder team... if that makes any sense haha.