What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - Dolphins

Puff

First Grade
Stop blaming everything other then the team and the club.

The Dragons are run like dogshit. And the talent on the park is rubbish. Let’s be honest. The table doesn’t lie of a season.

Start seeing it for what it is, and start calling out those that are at fault. The Board.

And force change.

Blaming refs and other bullshit just takes away from the real problem at the Dragons.

saintmar

Juniors
"OK the side tried very hard tonight. Ben Hunt is a world class half back and we missed him badly tonight."
Obviously that's why we have got nowhere for the last 6 years.
Time to move on,let him go and invest his fat pay salary in some tough uncompromising forwards that will lay the platform for these young guys.
The young brigade will take some time but they WILL get us there.We need to be patient.
Hunt is not the future.
He needs to join Dogs but don't think they want him. ALL HYPE

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade

The Dragons are run like dogshit. And the talent on the park is rubbish. Let’s be honest. The table doesn’t lie of a season.

Start seeing it for what it is, and start calling out those that are at fault. The Board.

And force change.

Blaming refs and other bullshit just takes away from the real problem at the Dragons.
Agree. But if the ref wasn’t such a merkin, they would’ve lost by less…

Dragon for life

Juniors
Dropped for next week:

Feagai (big wraps but turns out him and his brother are a dime a dozen type players)
Mbye (serves no purpose with Hunt back)
Amone ( needs to work on his craft in reserves, just not stepping up but there might be a player in there somewhere)
Michael Molo ( talk about plod)
I think Mybe is a solid bench player to use as emergency. Can cover alot of positions. agree with Feagai comment.

I thought Lomax tried hard tonight without really being given quality ball. If only someone could set him up to show his footwork

Crush

Coach
If Penrith dont put 50 on us next game I'll be very surprised.
Bit dramatic, but I feel your frustration.
As long as we keep competing and don’t resort back to “hook ball” I’ll be OK.
At least last night they were moving the ball around from the first whistle, sure they lost their way but they were passing outside, inside, line breaks. The lack of experience and discipline cost us.
In the Hook ball days we just didn’t give ourselves a chance with 5 hit ups bomb.

Highly doubt we get 50 put on us next week, can’t give away 6 agains and penalties like last night though or it will get ugly.

thebigredv

First Grade
I think Mybe is a solid bench player to use as emergency. Can cover alot of positions. agree with Feagai comment.

I thought Lomax tried hard tonight without really being given quality ball. If only someone could set him up to show his footwork
Mbye knows his way around a footy field. If Amone is out than maybe keep him at 14, though I don’t see Carr dropping Amone anyway.

Mbye is what Hook would consider a marquee signing and I guess that’s why we are last and why he rubs most up the wrong way. Nothing personal, but he isn’t part of a future successful Dragons team.

rasaint

Juniors
Notice the ‘give Zac quality ball / teach him footwork/ give clean ball’ creeping back into the forum. Zac is simply an ordinary and quite pedestrian player who can kick goals and cracked a fabulous long term big bucks contract. Good luck to Zac. He is in his 6th full NRL season and signed until 2026 I understand. I’m hoping there is a fast powerful centre somewhere coming through in lower grades.

justadragon

Bench
Bit dramatic, but I feel your frustration.
As long as we keep competing and don’t resort back to “hook ball” I’ll be OK.
At least last night they were moving the ball around from the first whistle, sure they lost their way but they were passing outside, inside, line breaks. The lack of experience and discipline cost us.
In the Hook ball days we just didn’t give ourselves a chance with 5 hit ups bomb.

Highly doubt we get 50 put on us next week, can’t give away 6 agains and penalties like last night though or it will get ugly.
To an extent I agree with what you are saying and yes the frustration like most is very evident. ATM I dont think we can do anything because the side has been coached for that long to let Hunt do everything and when he is not there then no one can step up, no one shows any organisation and most importantly no one leads. We had an example of this last year when we took on a reserve grade Broncos and suffered the same fate with our juniors. Dont get me wrong I have been a supporter of them for a few years but if you look at Amone and now Sloan, we have to be honest they are not killing it in their positions, their defence is atrocious, yes we get to see a couple of flashy plays here and there but for the rest of it, its just really bad. As for Sullivan well he may need a bit more time in the halves to see what he has, but yesterday I saw no organisation from him, certainly no attacking plays, yes he was playing behind a dominated pack but still there was nothing to see that he was controlling the team when we had our very few chances. Dont get me started on getting our outside backs early ball, we have never done it and still continue to not do it, we stand so flat in attack every time a forward gets the ball he is virtually flat footed. The club is in desperate need of a cleanout, we really do need Richardson there to crack the whip, be realistic with what we have and truthfully what we have is not very good.

Walpole

Juniors

And force change.

Yep, the ref wasn't the one who let Nicholls score (although he did as much to stop the try as Bird and DeBelin) or who made a mental midget like De Belin the captain. I'd say Jason Ryles biggest fear is that we do give him 5 years and he's locked into this mess for such a long time.

Illusion

Bench
To an extent I agree with what you are saying and yes the frustration like most is very evident. ATM I dont think we can do anything because the side has been coached for that long to let Hunt do everything and when he is not there then no one can step up, no one shows any organisation and most importantly no one leads. We had an example of this last year when we took on a reserve grade Broncos and suffered the same fate with our juniors. Dont get me wrong I have been a supporter of them for a few years but if you look at Amone and now Sloan, we have to be honest they are not killing it in their positions, their defence is atrocious, yes we get to see a couple of flashy plays here and there but for the rest of it, its just really bad. As for Sullivan well he may need a bit more time in the halves to see what he has, but yesterday I saw no organisation from him, certainly no attacking plays, yes he was playing behind a dominated pack but still there was nothing to see that he was controlling the team when we had our very few chances. Dont get me started on getting our outside backs early ball, we have never done it and still continue to not do it, we stand so flat in attack every time a forward gets the ball he is virtually flat footed. The club is in desperate need of a cleanout, we really do need Richardson there to crack the whip, be realistic with what we have and truthfully what we have is not very good.
In other words , old mate , we have a bottom 3 team ...... And won't get better until there is a big clean out and a coach that has full control ....... Again we start the rebuilding .......

Yow

Juniors
Mbye knows his way around a footy field. If Amone is out than maybe keep him at 14, though I don’t see Carr dropping Amone anyway.

Mbye is what Hook would consider a marquee signing and I guess that’s why we are last and why he rubs most up the wrong way. Nothing personal, but he isn’t part of a future successful Dragons team.
We got beaten last night by a team that played smarter than us , but it also helped when they got a lot of help with 6 again and penalties which kept them in good field position for kicks into the corners and trapping us down our end with a lot of latitude given to the Dolphins on their 10 meters so Sullivan had keep kicking it as far as he could to get some sort of field position.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I've lost faith in the young blokes. Sloane can't fullback, Amone can't five-eighth, and Sullivan can't half. I don't know what you do with Sloane but if he's the answer at fullback we're asking the wrong questions. Everyone pans Mbye, but the best I've ever seen Mbye play for us he was at fullback. Seemed to know what he was doing there unlike Sloan. Either that or give Lomax a crack and put Bird or Mbye to centre. Drop Amone and put Bud to 5/8 when Hunt comes back. Sloane to wing maybe although I prefer Moga and Ravalawa.

justadragon

Bench
In other words , old mate , we have a bottom 3 team ...... And won't get better until there is a big clean out and a coach that has full control ....... Again we start the rebuilding .......
Too right mate, we are definitely going to be on that merry go round again. Even the new coach who ever that may be , they all want extended terms because they know its going to take a long time to get this shit fight into some order,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,maybe :))

Draginzaaar

Bench
No teams play that flat attack anymore, except us. It doesn't work anymore. Wish they'd wake up to that.