What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - v Panthers

BLM01

First Grade
The fact that Sharks lost last night will make Penrith even hungrier for a win to secure the top spot on the ladder, I know there are a lot of people who on here are Ben Hunt detractors but the reality is when he's not playing our record without him is very poor and we struggle more so without him. Obviously Su'a and Lomax are big losses to I hate to say it but I think Penrith win this one pretty comfortably.
I don’t think Penrith really worry about that at this stage
they will time their run at the right time with all their players in
Top 4 will do them

justadragon

Bench
The fact that Sharks lost last night will make Penrith even hungrier for a win to secure the top spot on the ladder, I know there are a lot of people who on here are Ben Hunt detractors but the reality is when he's not playing our record without him is very poor and we struggle more so without him. Obviously Su'a and Lomax are big losses to I hate to say it but I think Penrith win this one pretty comfortably.
Have we gotten over the fact that BH just about handles the ball on every play, and he shouldnt, maybe now we might see a different form of attack, maybe we will be hopeless who knows, but one thing for sure I wont get to see Hunt running sideways throwing hospital passes, and maybe one of our younger halves can kick the ball into the ingoal area. I just want to see something different, anything will do !!!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Have we gotten over the fact that BH just about handles the ball on every play, and he shouldnt, maybe now we might see a different form of attack, maybe we will be hopeless who knows, but one thing for sure I wont get to see Hunt running sideways throwing hospital passes, and maybe one of our younger halves can kick the ball into the ingoal area. I just want to see something different, anything will do !!!
Was watching the Eels go round last night....what a difference watching their backline to ours......Moses, Brown, Gutho and their outside backs are so intense, creative and determined compared to our blokes.....it's like chalk and cheese tbh

justadragon

Bench
Was watching the Eels go round last night....what a difference watching their backline to ours......Moses, Brown, Gutho and their outside backs are so intense, creative and determined compared to our blokes.....it's like chalk and cheese tbh
Love him or hate him, Moses does what Moses does, he's a game managing controlling 7 that allows Brown to do his thing. He is the reason why Parra were shithouse without him. And for people to say that we will be shithouse without BH, well guess what we are crap with him at 7, he's not a 7 and never will be.

maestro1

Bench
Our last play options have to be vastly improved from what BHunt has been delivering. No 20m restarts, no not getting to our kicks on the last or poor kicks on the last, no down the players throat, no midfield bombs..... Repeat sets, well placed attacking kicks, grubbers into the in goal, along the ground if wet, etc are a must

Have a close look at Brad Schneider tomorrow night.
He is developing into a really competent number 7, and is only going to improve with time.
Off contract the same time as Hunt, end of 2025.
Out of the younger halves running around in the competition, I think we should take a close look at him as a possible future number 7.
Surely he will be looking for another opportunity elsewhere in 2026.

maestro1

Bench
What you are actually seeing is not so much about intensity. It is pure speed. The Eels backline is very quick and when things are done well at speed it just looks like they are having a crack. Slow looks almost lethargic.

justadragon

Bench
What you are actually seeing is not so much about intensity. It is pure speed. The Eels backline is very quick and when things are done well at speed it just looks like they are having a crack. Slow looks almost lethargic.
And pathetic !!!

steerlerbab

Juniors
Hunt will finish end of 2025 with the Dragons. We have around 1.5 year to find a replacement or develop a half. Tomorrow will be Marshke's chance to show if he is capable of handling first grade. Funny enough Marshke at 26 years of age is the oldest of our backline tomorrow. I am also hoping that one of the Couchman's can handle playing backline. Whenever we get an injury Flanno puts Eisenhuh there and this has proved disasterous twice (against Roosters and Bulldogs)

RedVDave

First Grade
I don’t think Penrith really worry about that at this stage
they will time their run at the right time with all their players in
Top 4 will do them
I have to disagree they are a team that's hungry for success and being the best all the time, they want to be number #1 all the time.

Have a close look at Brad Schneider tomorrow night.
He is developing into a really competent number 7, and is only going to improve with time.
Off contract the same time as Hunt, end of 2025.
Out of the younger halves running around in the competition, I think we should take a close look at him as a possible future number 7.
Surely he will be looking for another opportunity elsewhere in 2026.
There is talk at Penrith that he could take Luai’s spot (although seemingly Cole has been groomed for that).

Gotta think that money wise you would be able to blow us out of the water if you wanted though.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Is he that kind of dude though? He seems a bit timid to step up and have a MOM performance when it’s needed.
I’m still not convinced on Sloan, he goes very quiet very often.
He ain’t alone though!
Then why did you say pre season he would be a completely different player under Flanno and that Hook was the reason he wasn't living up to potential?

Typical of you to be such a turn coat.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
Then why did you say pre season he would be a completely different player under Flanno and that Hook was the reason he wasn't living up to potential?

Typical of you to be such a turn coat.
Because he is a different player to before? He's improved out of sight this year. Crush isn't being a turncoat - he's pointing out a flaw in Sloan that has remained, and mentioned that he's not the only one with the same problem so you clearly don't know what that word means. Did you really think Sloan would suddenly become Billy Slater over a preseason? Hell, even some of our game's best players e.g. Nicho Hynes have tendencies to go missing - the NRL is the biggest stage in rugby league and is particularly intimidating when you have a crucial role like fullback at a young age. Some handle it better than others inherently such as Bula, whereas Sloan will get better with time and experience.

Wolfgang90

Juniors
Anyone else feel excited to watch this match? I'm looking forward to watching the youngsters & especially our halves/spine without hunt. I hope they all play well & build confidence in Flanno that our team can play effectively without being a Ben Hunt centric strategy.

Chook99

Juniors
Far out it burned me to watch bulldogs last night. 2 sin bins , no Burton, Crichton & kikau and they still win comfortably and hold knights to 2 points with a no-name foward pack. They were worse than us last few years. If that was us we would’ve gone to water.
Yes, interesting progression this year. Build up over the preseason with a lot of utility players. I think a lot were thinking, hey this isn't going to work. But it seems to be going in the right direction. I think a bit like the dolphins

steerlerbab

Juniors
Anyone else feel excited to watch this match? I'm looking forward to watching the youngsters & especially our halves/spine without hunt. I hope they all play well & build confidence in Flanno that our team can play effectively without being a Ben Hunt centric strategy.
I would really like to see how we go. Several young guys from reserves and the future of this club is in show tonight. As I said in my earlier post the oldest in our backline is Marshke 26 years old. And Couchmans will one day be cornerstone of our forwards. Future maybe brighter if we land couple of good signings.

Latest posts