What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - v Panthers

Draginzaaar

Bench
I really hope the Couchmans do well. It would be refreshing to have a young gun step up into first grade and really knock it out of the park for once.
After most people have been calling for their inclusion for a while it would be a real bummer if they have a shocker!!

Its going to be a interesting game. Even though were playing Penrith, they're very understrength and the cold hard facts are we're never going to get a better opportunity this year to win against a true premiership contender.
I think the game will go one of two ways. Either it will be an embarrassing whitewash or our makeshift team will hold on in a nail-biter.
The couchmen are young and energetic. But from what I've seen they tackle and the take the ball up. No offloads, no braking the line, no quick play the balls. Just young fit blokes.

FINALLY Flanagan has seen sense by dumping Rava for the classy Sione Finau and promoting the Couchmans. But he has only gone half way retaining the oh so under performing RFM as a edgie no less. He is no more an edgie than the other log BMM. Marschke running the show worries me. Was the perfect chance to put his son in the play making role and tell him to make the spot his own. Flanagans are a soft bunch.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
If Saints win it will be in the media as Dragons beat understrength Panthers. They simply cannot take a trick.
Same with the juniors, some people bagging them and they are only playing their first NRL game under Flanno. If they perform I will be interested to see what will be said. Rather than bag the young fellas, tell us what you want to see from these young kids rather than make these assumptions. Things have changed since last year under Hook in training so they may have improved in leaps and bounds under the new methods. Like some said, the Feagai's are playing well in reggies. There is not much more they can do to get an NRL lifeline.

I love how Flanno has made these changes and about time. The way they played in the second half against the Dogs was embarrassing. If there is no reaction from the guys that survived from being dropped, then they should be dropped next week and bring in another 5 more from reggies. Nothing to lose for Flanno, just keep dropping guys if they perform poorly from now on who have played most of 2024 as they had their time to shine and failed miserably with 5 heartless floggings.

Harry Bath

Juniors
FINALLY Flanagan has seen sense by dumping Rava for the classy Sione Finau and promoting the Couchmans. But he has only gone half way retaining the oh so under performing RFM as a edgie no less. He is no more an edgie than the other log BMM. Marschke running the show worries me. Was the perfect chance to put his son in the play making role and tell him to make the spot his own. Flanagans are a soft bunch.
And Lawrie is there he is the smallest slowest Prop in the competition

Dragons4me

Juniors
I like the team changes. I'm looking forward to seeing Marschke and young Flanno combine, because I reckon they have the potential to go well, and confirm we don't really need Hunt. I know the Couchmans can rip, tear and bust, just need Flanno to give them enough minutes to show that. Not so confident about the Feagai's but I'm hoping Mat has at least one more try of the year in him, and that Max silences his critics.

Todd Smith is the referee, and I don't think we've won a game under him. This Saturday it's time to break the drought.
This.
I too will watch the KFklan and Marschke combo with interest. I reckon Flanno senior will be also, and I wonder if this may influence which way he goes with the Hunt extension talks.
Would have preferred not throwing them in against the Panthers even with their players missing but everything to gain and nothing to lose.

Last edited:

justadragon

Bench
This.
I too will watch the KFklan and Marschke combo with interest. I reckon Flanno senior will be also, and I wonder if this may influence which way he goes with the Hunt extension talks.
Would have preferred not throwing them in against the Panthers even with their players missing but everything to gain and nothing to lose.
I'd rather see them playing against the lower grade halves rather than Cleary and Luai, they still have to step up though as the Panthers pack will give them lots of room to operate with unless we can control them. But agree Dragons4me lots of interest in a few positions.

Dorsai

Juniors
It would have been an ideal time to drop Lawrie altogether but he is still there. He offers little and performs like it.

I think Rava has been a little hard done by to be honest. He is not getting anywhere near the ball he has received in previous matches. His running the ball back after kicks still outperforms most forwards. He is a great finisher and needs to be given the ball somewhere near the line. He is big strong and mostly gets the ball over the line better than anyone else in the team.

I would not have minded seeing Sloan dropped to the bench and bring in Tamale to see how he goes. As others have said, its a chance to see some of these younger players in action and how they go in the top league.

I continue to worry we do not have a utility for the backs in the reserves. Eisenuth was just not the choice in the last game and his defence does not warrant a starting position this week. Drop him and Lawrie off the bench, and put Sloan on the bench with one of the couchmans starting and Tomale at fullback. This gives us so much more diversity.

denis preston

First Grade
I'd rather see them playing against the lower grade halves rather than Cleary and Luai, they still have to step up though as the Panthers pack will give them lots of room to operate with unless we can control them. But agree Dragons4me lots of interest in a few positions.
Have you seen the Penrith side JD?

justadragon

Bench
Yeah I thought he meant Cleary and Luai were playing at first, but I read his post again and he means that the Penny reserve halves are playing this game but they've still got their pack
Thanks KW, yep thats what I meant DP, no matter what it will be a tough gig. No tipsters are backing them, perfect timing for the young guys to show us what they have.

TruSaint

Referee
I've never had any success accessing Jubilee Ave. Whenver I've tried clicking "to Join" I get a page that says Oops we ran into some problems. Gave up ages ago.

Hi mate,

Been on both for over a decade. If you are having prob's it may be that you are using an add block ?
Just a thought.

@Willow may confirm this or any mod for that matter.

Last edited:

Latest posts