What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - v Panthers

Draginzaaar

Bench
Our last play options have to be vastly improved from what BHunt has been delivering. No 20m restarts, no not getting to our kicks on the last or poor kicks on the last, no down the players throat, no midfield bombs..... Repeat sets, well placed attacking kicks, grubbers into the in goal, along the ground if wet, etc are a must
Maybe not kicking into the in goal is from the coach. What would we know?

steerlerbab

Juniors
Far out it burned me to watch bulldogs last night. 2 sin bins , no Burton, Crichton & kikau and they still win comfortably and hold knights to 2 points with a no-name foward pack. They were worse than us last few years. If that was us we would’ve gone to water.
Bulldogs have improved under Gus and Ciraldo. (last year was the start of the rebuilt and this year they are top 8 contender). When Gus got in 2022. He dumped Barrett and appointed Ciraldo for 2023 and few Penrith players followed. Surgically, by the beginning of this year they had let go most of the Barrett team. We ended up with Flanno and RFM. They only kept players like Ado Carr and Matt Burton and brought in Kikau and Crichton and few more strategic buys is working well for them.

Flanno is trying to do the same for us. Little by little, he is letting go of Hook's team and bring in new guys and improve some of our juniors such as Sloan. He is desperately trying to land one or two marquee players and at the same time turn some of our existing players into marquee players. If Sua performs well at SOO level, then he is succeeding. Same applies to Lomax but he is leaving. Sloan and Suli have also improved a lot under Flanno.

TheRev

First Grade
Anyone else feel excited to watch this match? I'm looking forward to watching the youngsters & especially our halves/spine without hunt. I hope they all play well & build confidence in Flanno that our team can play effectively without being a Ben Hunt centric strategy.
Yep definitely.. a win is unlikely but no expectations on us tonight, fresh faces get opportunity, see how Kyle goes (though Marshke @7 is wrong imo, hopefully Kyle plays 7). Big gamble with the bench.. but there will I think its calculated.

NSW Cup on fox also though I think that side will struggle without the couchmans.

Far out it burned me to watch bulldogs last night. 2 sin bins , no Burton, Crichton & kikau and they still win comfortably and hold knights to 2 points with a no-name foward pack. They were worse than us last few years. If that was us we would’ve gone to water.
Agreed, but we were dominating last week before those 2 injuries.. im still cranky we made them look good.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Bulldogs have improved under Gus and Ciraldo. (last year was the start of the rebuilt and this year they are top 8 contender). When Gus got in 2022. He dumped Barrett and appointed Ciraldo for 2023 and few Penrith players followed. Surgically, by the beginning of this year they had let go most of the Barrett team. We ended up with Flanno and RFM. They only kept players like Ado Carr and Matt Burton and brought in Kikau and Crichton and few more strategic buys is working well for them.

Flanno is trying to do the same for us. Little by little, he is letting go of Hook's team and bring in new guys and improve some of our juniors such as Sloan. He is desperately trying to land one or two marquee players and at the same time turn some of our existing players into marquee players. If Sua performs well at SOO level, then he is succeeding. Same applies to Lomax but he is leaving. Sloan and Suli have also improved a lot under Flanno.
I think the key differences are the dogs have brought in Gus and Ciraldo who have been able to attract quality signings.
They've moved on mediocre players and replaced them with marquee players.

We on the other hand have a crap administration as well as a crap coach and we replace mediocre players with more mediocre players.

Lovemedragons

Juniors

he needs to bite the bullet, move on from Hunt and find a new 7 to build around.

justadragon

Bench

They got their lower grades going as well, that was their basis point. In another 1 - 2 years they will be a very strong club. We need our juniors to be given every opportunity in the next couple of years and start following both Penrith and the Dogs.

dungay dragon

Juniors
Great win by the NSW Cup boys 26 to 10.....great defensive effort in the 2nd half .......M Molo had a solid game
A number of them look like Super Men in the NSW Cup ..
Tamale good at the back
Rava toyed with them
Buchannan promising , nuggety , speedy and can set his winger up
Still looking for that local junior Prop to burst thru the ranks..Not sighted yet

NSW cup has provided a happy lead-in to the game however...... I feel like there is a virtual Door A, Door B regarding the game tonight

Door A: A a surprise party with all the front row forums members engaged in a lively and festive celebration, sharing posts and chatting animatedly over the result.

Door B: Root canal treatment without anaesthetic.

Please be A - GO THE DRAGONS - GIVE US A GAME!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Yeah I'm sure that day that we played Newcastle, Flanno's instructions were specifically not to kick it along the ground into the ingoal.
Hmmmm I travelled down for that game and besides getting soaked and the flu was really pissed off with not one grubby into the in goal.....unbelievable short sightedness by Hunt after they exploited this regularly in the first half

Latest posts