What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 - v Panthers

murraymob

Coach
Go
I think the main thing that Gould has set up at both those clubs is a very strong junior base where the talent emanates from and keeps on producing and that is where primarily the panthers get their strength from and Bulldogs are on track as well. My only wish is that we follow the same path and we know how to manage our juniors properly, we have a very good array of talent coming through, my hope is we dont f$#k it up.
Gould never set it up the current ceo did all Gould did was sign the cheques

justadragon

Bench
Go

Gould never set it up the current ceo did all Gould did was sign the cheques
That maybe the case but the same thing is happening at the Dogs, he recently did a podcast explaining a clubs requirement to have strength in their lower grades. Its an absolute must these days with the way the player market is.

I think the main thing that Gould has set up at both those clubs is a very strong junior base where the talent emanates from and keeps on producing and that is where primarily the panthers get their strength from and Bulldogs are on track as well. My only wish is that we follow the same path and we know how to manage our juniors properly, we have a very good array of talent coming through, my hope is we dont f$#k it up.
I think both the Dogs and Panthers experience shows it takes time with some not so enjoyable years. But it is great to watch a successful team full of juniors playing. My hope is that one day we field a team full of players that have never played a game of first grade at another club.

since77

Juniors
Good to see that you like to feel the pain and so I hope that it will be worth it. Enjoy the game with your son since77. Bring on the win for us.
My son was lucky enough to start supporting the Dragons right at the beginning of the Bennett era. So foolishly he thought that the Dragons just won most of the time. Now he is grown up and is just as jaded as me when it comes to the Dragons. Lets hope they surprise us!

Dragon David

First Grade
My son was lucky enough to start supporting the Dragons right at the beginning of the Bennett era. So foolishly he thought that the Dragons just won most of the time. Now he is grown up and is just as jaded as me when it comes to the Dragons. Lets hope they surprise us!
It would have been a very good period for your son to have been able to see how well the Dragons were doing when we had Bennett. So unfortunate for him to see how things changed for the worst but age is on his side and he will hopefully be able to see another great period during the Dragons' resurgence. I have three adult sons and only one shows "some" interest in league and says that he will follow the Dragons because I do. My other two sons couldn't care less unfortunately.

Enjoy your day at the game with your boy since77 and win, lose or draw knowing that you can do things together is the best.

Both my boys follow the Dragons as they want their share of the house when I'm gone!
The worst day in my life was, after an interview with Benji Marshall in 2007, my son declaring he was a Tigers supporter.

Same year he declared his support for QLD - I sent him to bed never to come out till he repented.

He's still a Tiger supporter but a true BLUE.

(Should have sent him to bed after the first declaration)

hewi

Bench

St George Illawarra coach Shane Flanagan is preparing to elevate the Dragons’ right edge combination from reserve grade into the NRL side for Saturday’s clash against Penrith.
Rising winger Sione Finau is set to earn a re-call to replace Zac Lomax, who is on NSW origin duties, on the wing.
Join Rob Sutherland in the comments section below to talk trades, captaincy choices and anything else which catches your fancy.
Finau was a standout in NSW Cup last week, scoring three tries and running 200-plus metres.
Finau made his NRL debut late last year against the Warriors but suffered a serious ankle injury.
His NSW Cup centre partner Max Feagai is also expected to be named in place of Jack Bird, who is out for at least a month with an ankle injury.
Flanagan is also set to name forwards, and twin brothers, Ryan and Toby Couchman in the squad.

FlickFlano

Juniors
1. Tyrell Sloan – sponsored by EFEX
2. Sione Finau – sponsored by Floormania
3. Moses Suli – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Max Feagai – sponsored by Aspec Masonry
5. Mathew Feagai – sponsored by Wollongong City Jetski
6. Kyle Flanagan – sponsored by React Facility Solutions
7. Jesse Marschke – sponsored by St. George Leagues Club
8. Francis Molo – sponsored by UTECH
9. Jacob Liddle – sponsored by Active Forklifts
10. Jack de Belin (c) – sponsored by Deicorp
11. Luciano Leilua – sponsored by Squadron Energy
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner – sponsored by Shire Steel
13. Tom Eisenhuth (c) – sponsored by CHiQ

Interchange
14. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by TripADeal
15. Ben Murdoch-Masila – sponsored by Konnect
16. Toby Couchman – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
17. Ryan Couchman – sponsored by HWLE

Reserves
18. Fa’amanu Brown
19. Michael Molo
20. Alec Tuitavake
21. Christian Tuipulotu
22. Mikaele Ravalawa

sammymills

Juniors
The worst day in my life was, after an interview with Benji Marshall in 2007, my son declaring he was a Tigers supporter.

Same year he declared his support for QLD - I sent him to bed never to come out till he repented.

He's still a Tiger supporter but a true BLUE.

(Should have sent him to bed after the first declaration)
you should disinherit and disown him and drop him off to the silverdale phantoms house. they can both chat with you in the forum

jeffdragon

Bench
Drop a winger.
How many times does that happen?
No backs or utilities on the bench.
No Tamale under 19s NSW we letting go ffs.
Tom in centres again if one goes off.
Them we are really stuffed.
I think Pamthers have enough points in them to win.
Really scraping the bottom of the bowl with his selections.

Latest posts