What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 v Tigers

Panther Pete

Juniors
Sadly that is classic Penrith. We are 3 wins on the trot, playing against a team that is paying $4.00, lead by 18 to 8 and then lose. After following them for almost 40 years you would think I'd be used to it by now.

chrisD

Coach
Good edge defence today, team selection really shone through. Nothing less than we f**king deserved.

Caged Panther

First Grade
No doubt the better team won still can't help feeling though that if Moylan plays we probably still sneak away with the win.

chrisD

Coach
It's hard to work out what was most disappointing. Alleged defensive heroes Robinson and Brown daring Benji to throw a cut out pass or their conspiring to leave Walsh all alone defending the short side, I mean what could possibly go wrong? And then there's Simmons, with the match in the balance barely breaking Simona's f**king stride.

Good thing we had a star winger on the bench pulling himself while most of this was happening, great thinking by Cleary. And even more great thinking by him and Gus, deciding the best centre at the club is actually a fullback (despite it being clear he wasn't before he even came here) and Moylan wasn't ready for first grade and so didn't need to be in the first grade squad. End result, we have f**k all in attack.

This was a loss that just didn't have to happen.

maple_69

Bench
Ive got to say, despite poor execution, I thought our attacking structure looked to be improving. Good depth, decoys and plenty of touches for the backs.
Masoe, Whare, Seg and John were good.
Wes wasnt too bad, but I agree, Moss deserves a go now and maybe VTK or KOD in for Ciraldo. We're going to struggle until we get Grant back. We bested the Tigers pack but it'll be much tougher over the next few weeks.

mxlegend99

Referee
Simmo and Walsh have no heart now... Shocker. Playing for a contract. Kill it. Have a contract.. Non existent

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Unfortunately I watched from the Hill and All our points were scored at the other end. Did anyone else notice that the Tigers had two extra players. One with an orange shirt the other in blue. Both stood behind the ruck barking out intructions. Surely the trainers should only be allowed on for a player on the ground or after a try etc. This coaching on the field should stop at the under 5s.

murraymob

Coach
the trainers are allowed on when you have the ball.That had little bearing on the loss.Throwing passes by with no passing ability hurt us.Newton just before halftime gave them a try and in the end was the difference

maple_69

Bench
Over 80% completion and only 4/5 penalties is pretty solid. The guys were still putting in, just some poor execution and decisions. I think we should piss Walsh off and try and bring in Soward.

franklin2323

Immortal
No doubt the better team won still can't help feeling though that if Moylan plays we probably still sneak away with the win.

Your right. A few times we went wide. Naiqama froze then spread it. Moylan wasn't freexing in previous weeks. John a few line breaks no support Moylan's there.

Not to mention to 2 poor reads from Naiqama what leads to tries. Terrible 2nd half.

darkbloom

Juniors
Really, you had to be worried at half time. First half wind at our backs and 60% of possession. And only 10 points up.

The wind was definitely going to be behinds the tigers, and it was almost certain that the possession would even itself out. But to be beaten after leading by 14 points by a very very young makeshift side who finished 1 short and 1 other hobbling really shows us where the team is at.

It was a setback but should not completely kill hope.

The positive from the game was a pretty good sized crowd. Though it was probably about average for a West Tigers game at Penrith Stadium.