What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 v Tigers

Old Timer

Coach
Just don't kick it anywhere near Tedesco and Nofoaluma when they have any room to move.
When appropriate far better to run the ball down the wings on the last and get inside or near their twenty than it is to have ineffectual kicks from 40m out or kicking it dead and giving them 7.
Complete our sets, keep it tight in the centre and the backs move up as one in defence.
Restricting all the broken field play is the key to it.

SEAT 1A

Bench
Not 2010 bullish, but very bullish about todays game. Big win against NZ and fresh.

Full strength, Vaughan will show up Woods and show off his new tan, can't wait to see Mann and Lafia will be still be popping the champagne corks.

The boys will enjoy "Oh when the Saints" tonight.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
It wouldnt suprise me if Woods aimed up today. He usually has 3 or 4 good games a season and is overdue.
All the talk that Vaughan will smash him and replace him in SOO2 may just fire him up.
The last thing we want is the powder puff turning into the powder keg for this game.

Life's Good

Coach
Barring Tedesco, we have them covered player for player. Play the same type of forward game as we have done all year and we will win comfortably. Get into a game of touch and it will be painful as we are t that sort of side.

possm

Coach
Barring Tedesco, we have them covered player for player. Play the same type of forward game as we have done all year and we will win comfortably. Get into a game of touch and it will be painful as we are t that sort of side.
We can limit Tedesco's influence on this game if Widdop and McCrone kick wisely. Towards the corners and over the head of the winger. With a good chase our team can nail him dep in their half before Tedesco gets going.

Old Timer

Coach
Walking out the door shortly to go and pick up all the family and head off to the game.
Time for the Dragon's to breath real fire and scorch these Tigpies.
We have been very good this season and we need to play with confidence and keep to the 2017 script which has been enjoyable to watch.
Let's hope we are back in here tonight talking about how good it all was and I hope everyone has a great game day.

Life's Good

Coach
We can limit Tedesco's influence on this game if Widdop and McCrone kick wisely. Towards the corners and over the head of the winger. With a good chase our team can nail him dep in their half before Tedesco gets going.
Ha. McCrone & kicking game aren't exactly the best of friends, they hardly know each other.
Hopefully Widdop takes on the kicking and is able to build pressure by isolating Teddy or better still getting those repeat sets which is what we have been missing(particularly in the close games).

getsmarty

Immortal
NRL Late Mail: Round 13
Sat 3rd June, 02:00PM
A A

1496461478237.jpg;pv9251873b35aa0e0c

2017 NRL - Grant Trouville :copyright: NRL Photos

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has confirmed his team for the Round 13 clash against the Wests Tigers at ANZ Stadium, Olympic Park on Saturday afternoon.

Jacob Host, Tyrone McCarthy and Kalifa Faifai Loa all drop out of the squad, following their performances in Illawarra's 36-8 win over the ISP Tigers on Friday night.

NRL Squad for Round 13 v Wests Tigers

19. Josh Dugan
2. Nene Macdonald
6. Kurt Mann
4. Tim Lafai
1. Jason Nightingale
21. Gareth Widdop (c)
7. Josh McCrone
8. Russell Packer
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Paul Vaughan
20. Tyson Frizell
12. Joel Thompson
13. Jack de Belin
Interchange:
3. Taane Milne
11. Tariq Sims
15. Leeson Ah Mau
16. Hame Sele

http://www.dragons.com.au/news/2017/06/03/nrl_late_mail_round_.html

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Malakai Watene-Zelezniak dropped for the Tigers, Chee Kam promoted to the centres to tighten up their right edge defence I imagine.

blacksafake

First Grade
I'm confident but at the same time a touch nervous. If we play to our strengths we will win,However as others have said If they get into a game of touch or plenty of broken play footy it will bite us big time.
I hope Vaughan doesn't try to overplay his hand & just continues to play his usual style.
Go the dragons :dragon:

St Tangles

Bench
These are the games that worry me.
We should win.
But I've thought that on many games like this.
To quote the great Steve Price I hope we dont get our pants pulled down.