What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 v Tigers

Life's Good

Coach
If Widdop plays we should win this comfortably given the presence he adds from the form he has been in. If he is out we will still win by keeping the power game going which most teams have struggled to contain. If they back up I expect Dugan & Frizz to have big games seeing they were a bit off during SOO.

Last edited:

Belta

Juniors
I know it's great to have Widdop back, and will help our cause this week, but I am ashamed to admit I was secretly hoping he'd be out for another week, Dugan also just to see what else we have got to offer, was hoping to see more of field and Mann, (and really want to see Dufty thrown into the deep end) I guess there time will come

Overseas dragon

Juniors
Will be interesting to see if Mary gets a new contract previously I was one of those who wanted him gone .with nothing on the horizon except Laurie Daley,then let's see where Mary takes us. ,Maybe a new but short contract ..hopefully then Mary will grow some balls and give our young stars a go.

OzDragon

Coach
If Widdop plays we should win this comfortably given the presence he adds from the form he has been in. If he is out we will still win by keeping the power game going which most teams have struggled to contain. If they back up I expect Dugan & Frizz to have big games seeing they were a bit off during SOO.
Friz was fine, just never got the ball. He should fire tomorrow though.

hazzbeen

Bench
Will be interesting to see if Mary gets a new contract previously I was one of those who wanted him gone .with nothing on the horizon except Laurie Daley,then let's see where Mary takes us. ,Maybe a new but short contract ..hopefully then Mary will grow some balls and give our young stars a go.
So far so good . We are going good , we have signed and added players , but to be honest 7 weeks ago I would have signed non of the players from last years team never mind signing Mary . Lets hope everything continues on the up , no need to rush in and extend Marys contract lets just wait and if we are still in a good Zone come finals time , then Id say he has earned a extension . I put my hand up I wanted Mary gone last year amazing what a couple of months of good football can change everything ......

SaintElroy

Juniors

In place of who? Young guys have been blooded and eased into first grade. The first graders are doing the job. I'd prefer a win than giving young kids a go for the sake of it. Let's secure a top 4 position in 2017

Last edited:

possm

Coach
The Club is now paying two people to do what one used to do. I understand that Mary is not on the same coin as say Bennett however, the fact remains that Mary could not perform the whole scope of the duties that even Price was supposed to do. And when left with only the coaching duties:
  1. He ran on the advice of the leadership group with game style and game plans.
  2. He still makes heaps of errors regarding selections and bench management.
  3. He is more concerned about his own security than the prosperity of the Club.
  4. He willingly contradicts Millward in public over the prospects of juniors.
The Club should be able to do much better than Mary. Over the past five years they have given this 'old boy' better than a fair go and I believe it's time to bring in a professional coach who can complete the whole range of tasks required of him. And for those who keep saying there are no suitable coaches available, how about waiting till end of season and then consider who is available and include Mary in that list. Select the best person for the job and all of the fans will be happy.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Both Widdop and Duges completed the captains run today. I think we'll see this team run out tomorrow:

1. Dugan
2. Macdonald
3. Lafai
4. Milne
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. McCrone
8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Packer
11. Thompson
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Sims
15. Ah Mau
16. Sele
17. Mann

Dragsters

First Grade
Both Widdop and Duges completed the captains run today. I think we'll see this team run out tomorrow:

1. Dugan
2. Macdonald
3. Lafai
4. Milne
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. McCrone
8. Vaughan
9. McInnes
10. Packer
11. Thompson
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Sims
15. Ah Mau
16. Sele
17. Mann

With the centres swapped around of course.

This team should win well and further boost our F/A.

possm

Coach
Surely Mann to right centre and Milne to bench.
CC
I believe is a left side player however, he probably could do a great job at right centre. In my opinion the right thing to do would be to put Dugan at right centre and Mann at fullback with Field on the bench. Give Field have a game at 7 with McCrone going to the bench.

True_Believer

Juniors
The Club is now paying two people to do what one used to do. I understand that Mary is not on the same coin as say Bennett however, the fact remains that Mary could not perform the whole scope of the duties that even Price was supposed to do. And when left with only the coaching duties:
  1. He ran on the advice of the leadership group with game style and game plans.
  2. He still makes heaps of errors regarding selections and bench management.
  3. He is more concerned about his own security than the prosperity of the Club.
  4. He willingly contradicts Millward in public over the prospects of juniors.
The Club should be able to do much better than Mary. Over the past five years they have given this 'old boy' better than a fair go and I believe it's time to bring in a professional coach who can complete the whole range of tasks required of him. And for those who keep saying there are no suitable coaches available, how about waiting till end of season and then consider who is available and include Mary in that list. Select the best person for the job and all of the fans will be happy.

Meds mate. You've forgotten them again.

Life's Good

Coach
There are members on here who want to shut down critisism of May and Millward purely because it does not suit their own views.

In the real world blind loyalty does not cut it.
Really. I counter your point by saying there are members who refuse to see that there is plenty to be positive about and refuse to give credit for fear of being perceived as accepting the status quo.
Their views are clouded because we may not have resigned a couple of players or aren't going after all $1m players and use that to support an agenda which is fuelled by speculation and rumour.

It cuts both ways.

Bench
19. Josh Dugan
2. Nene Macdonald
6. Kurt Mann
4. Tim Lafai
1. Jason Nightingale
21. Gareth Widdop (c)
7. Josh McCrone
8. Russell Packer
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Paul Vaughan
20. Tyson Frizell
12. Joel Thompson
13. Jack de Belin
Interchange:

3. Taane Milne
5. Kalifa Faifai Loa
11. Tariq Sims
14. Jacob Host
15. Leeson Ah Mau
16. Hame Sele
18. Tyrone McCarthy
At last Mann gets a start. Looking forward to this

ALSGI

Bench
Nice to see MANN playing centre .Mary's learning go the BIG. RED. V.milne on the bench
Agree.
Apart from skill and speed Mann can tackle hard.
I would have like to see Field on the bench though instead of Milne, but I was also pissed off with KFFL picked last start so happy to see what pans out tomorrow with Supercoach's selections.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal
NRL, NYC Team Updates: Round 13
Fri 2nd June, 03:00PM
A A

1496371930378.png;pv51b4b401ea491502

St George Illawarra Dragons coach Paul McGregor has cut his squad to 20 ahead of the Dragons' Round 13 clash against the Wests Tigers at ANZ Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

McGregor has made a host of changes to the team that was initially named on Tuesday afternoon.

New South Wales Origin duo Josh Dugan and Tyson Frizell will both play, as will skipper Gareth Widdop following his recovery from a knee injury.

Taane Milne, Kalifa Faifai Loa and Tariq Sims return to the interchange as a result of the veteran trio's inclusion, while Kurt Mann has been moved to the centres.

New South Wales Under-20s Origin duo Jai Field and Blake Lawrie are the two players who drop out of the side.

NRL Squad for Round 13 v Wests Tigers

19. Josh Dugan
2. Nene Macdonald
6. Kurt Mann
4. Tim Lafai
1. Jason Nightingale
21. Gareth Widdop (c)
7. Josh McCrone
8. Russell Packer
9. Cameron McInnes
10. Paul Vaughan
20. Tyson Frizell