What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 v Tigers

Dragons22

Juniors
What a shocker! Even though we won that was the worst game I've watched them play all season. Silly errors, even though I'm peeved with Duges leaving he was outstanding, pretty half asked effort from the rest of them. The need to lift up their game, and they better not give us another showing of today again. Sorry for all the negativity, at least we can walk away with the 2 points, if you play like that to another footy team they'll make you pay.

Last edited:

Walpole

Juniors
Haven't seen the game yet and can't bring myself to read through what I assume are mostly negative comments here but based on that score it seems we won. Which in 100% of cases is a good thing!

mbk78

Juniors
We just got across the line. Tigers didn't go away. At the end our spine got us there. Top 4 sides win these type of games -win ugly and we did that tonight. For the first time in 6 years I'm starting to believe we are a serious contender. I've been a supporter for almost 50 years and I'm excited for our prospects, not just for this year but the next 3-4 years. A great time to be a Dragons supporter!

Life's Good

Coach
Haven't seen the game yet and can't bring myself to read through what I assume are mostly negative comments here but based on that score it seems we won. Which in 100% of cases is a good thing!
Not too negative about winning, just that we blew so many chances to win well but winning by 20 or winning by 1 is worth the same.

OzDragon

Coach
Well dogs up next in 9 days. Will need to improve a fair bit to take them (which I bloody hope we do).

kit66

Bench
Discipline wise, that was as bad as anything from 2015 - 16. Completions 68% and 42 missed tackles - our own worst enemies as they say. Better get it together before next round against the Doggies. Monday game but at least it's a day time match.
Our backline played great 2 weeks ago, today it was like every man for himself and lots of sideways running but their defence was much better, especially on the right.

Juniors
If tigers had won that, they would have been lucky to get us after the bye. We won ..... and we were ultimately lucky to get THEM after the bye.

It's the injuries that worry me most.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
For those that have had negative thoughts on here regarding Dugan and him leaving for whatever reason he chose...watch todays game ....as usual he busted his arse and 3 games after Origin....He will be very very sorely missed.....and for those that have said their glad hes going and we can now spend the dollars on Lafai and Mann etc....thats laughable .....agree Lafai has improved his game this year..but Mann needs a LOT of work....for mine their not even in the same dressing room as Duges...end of story

Dragonslayer

First Grade
A lot of people expected this to be a blow-out and I think that's why there is some angst with the performance.

The Tigers were always going to come to play, they had the bye as well, had a bonding session and took a whole new attitude into this game. I said in an earlier post that Woods would bring his A game today.
We were fortunate to collect the 2 points but we did so through courage rather than skill.

You have to remember GW was playing his first game for 5 weeks, Duges and Friz backing up from SOO, Friz getting injured at a critical time of the match, McCrone continuous U10's kicking game and finally the bye did us no favours (as far as fitness). We missed 42 tackles and had our worse completion rate for the year.

If that was our "ugly" win game for the year then so be it and I will take it. It also cements a top 4 spot moving into next week.

Just on McCrone. Surely his days are numbered, we just can't carry this into the serious part of the season. But the point remains who to replace him? Mann is not a 7 and it would be foolish to move Widdop toaccommodate Mann at 5/8.

j0nesy

Bench
Come on we were the better team tonight. Yes we were scrappy, but that's probably because we were a bit rusty. We deserved to win by more IMO.

Coffs dragon

Bench
The main thing is we Won! It was always going to be difficult based around the massive disruption with the passing of Mary's Mum. I'm sure training has been affected plus the late return of injured players & the Origin boys.
The Tigers went away for a 4 day team bonding and re-set the season campaign, which means they were always going to be up for this game.
So based on the circumstances, we and the team should be pleased & relieved to get this week over and get 2 points in the Bank.

Latest posts