What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs Roosters

Old Timer

Coach
So Hunt isn't a SOO hooker after all he must be a budding SOO 5/8?

The opportunity to move him to 6 was there over a year ago yet we wait until he has gone from 7 to the bench to 9 from the bench to 9 starting and now to 6.

All of this because he can't play 7 the position we purchased him for.

It's a wonder he didn't get a run in the 1 before Lomax got his 5 minutes in the position.

be55

Juniors
Understood redv13...I don't think even our brain dead oxygen thief of a coach could do something that stupid...in my opinion Norman is a cancer on the whole team...I think his kicking game was the only thing keeping him in the team for this long...it makes my blood boil to think this guy is being paid upwards of eight hundred thousand a season...he is one of the worst signings in our clubs history and thank God someone has seen the light and dropped his overpaid arse...

Last edited:

redv13

Bench
Understood mate...I don't think even our brain dead oxygen thief of a coach could do something that stupid...in my opinion Norman is a cancer on the whole team...I think his kicking game was the only thing keeping him in the team for this long...it makes my blood boil to think this guy is being paid upwards of eight hundred thousand a season...he is one of the worst signings in our clubs history and thank God someone has seen the light and dropped his overpaid arse...
Hard to argue. We’ll see by 750pm Thursday. Nothing surprises me with Mr potato head

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Moving Hunt to 5/8 after dropping Norman who has been underperforming. So we’re strengthening a position and weakening another position? Makes sense to me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

TruSaint

Referee
Telegraph are reporting Widdop to return to Dragons next year to replace Norman.

Plans are in place for former skipper Gareth Widdop to make a shock St George Illawarra homecoming just 12 months after leaving the club in a mooted player swap with out of favour five-eighth Corey Norman.

Widdop has reached out to Dragons officials in recent weeks flagging the potential of returning to the club next season because of personal reasons just one year into a four year deal at Warrington.

That has paved the way for the Dragons to off-load Norman in a direct player swap with the English club coached by ex-St George Illawarra mentor Steve Price.

Widdop was released from the final two years of his Dragons contract worth about $1.8 at the end of last year. As part of the early exit, St George Illawarra received first rights on Widdop’s services should the 31-year-old opt to return to Australia. It seems that move could happen sooner than either party envisaged.

Widdop is expected to explore other options in Australia if the Dragons are unable to move on Norman. It is understood Warrington are lukewarm to the proposal.

Norman has dramatically fallen out of favour with the Dragons. Just 12 months after making his Origin debut for Queensland he was sensationally axed in favour of rookie half Adam Clune by Dragons coach Paul McGregor ahead of the club’s must-win game against the Roosters on Thursday.
News Corp has learnt discussions about the player swap have ramped up in the past couple of days. St George Illawarra have offered Norman to rival NRL clubs in recent weeks but there has been little interest in taking up the final year of his $850,000 contract.

England looms as the only option for the 29-year-old to secure a long-term deal and Warrington – who signed Greg Inglis from next season – have Widdop’s contract money available.

Widdop and Norman share the same manager. Widdop captained the Dragons up until last season where he made it known he wanted to pursue a dream of playing in England while still in his prime. His final season was plagued by an ongoing shoulder injury restricting him to just 10 matches. Norman, who joined the club last season after being released by Parramatta, played his 200th top grade game in St George Illawarra’s last-start loss to South Sydney.

The Dragons could also lose boom young winger Jason Saab at season’s end after his manager and the club met on Tuesday. St George Illawarra will give the 19-year-old permission to negotiate with rival clubs with the likes of Manly, Wests Tigers and Canterbury set to make a play. The Dragons are seeking a player in return.

Saab is contracted until the end of 2022 but has agitated for a release on multiple occasions this year. The club denied him a mid-season exit. Saab has grown tired of the commute from Merrylands to Wollongong for training and wants to move to a club closer to the family home.

He has made four NRL appearances this year but has been overlooked for a wing spot to play the Roosters behind Mikaele Ravalawa and Jordan Pereira.

The Dragons have Euan Aitken, Jack de Belin, Jacob Host and Tristan Sailor off-contract at season’s end.

In-form centre Zac Lomax said the team understands their season is all but on the line on Thursday.

“We’re aware that we need to perform from now on in,” Lomax said. “We need to perform in each game, but there’s a little bit more we’re playing for right now. We can’t afford to lose many more games at the moment. We’ve been able to put together a good 40, or a good 30, but we’ve got to put the whole game together, a full 80 minutes, if we’re going to match it with these good teams.”

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...n/news-story/f5d6e2bfd2cafe6fb412eb37de867857

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I would offer them Norman and Dufty for Widdop.

Dufty wont be our long term fullback and hard to see him getting a go at anorher team in Aust. Its an opportunity to bring through Ramsey or Schiller at fullback and use one of the Feagai boys on the wing.
Widdop would also he a great mentor for Sullivan and Clune.

Crush

Coach
I would offer them Norman and Dufty for Widdop.

Dufty wont be our long term fullback and hard to see hi
m getting a go at anorher team in Aust. Its an opportunity to bring through Ramsey or Schiller at fullback and use one of the Feagai boys on the wing.
Widdop would also he a great mentor for Sullivan and Clune.
Are we watching the same games atm DS?
Duff is our best player at the moment!