What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs. Sea Eagles Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Will be looking to make it four in a row.

The equation is similar to last week, team will be back down in Sydney trying to win at a venue that's been notoriously difficult for the club to achieve victory at.

The team will be stronger for Saturday's game and without any serious injury concerns and the likely returns of Scott Anderson and Nick Kenny the side should be in great stride for Sunday's game.

Speaking of our opponent and it looks like their co-captain Jamie Lyon will be missing from their line up. He'll be a huge loss for the Sea Eagles and their chances and will make the equation on Sunday that much simpler for the Broncos.

You know the drill guys.

screeder

Juniors
Our record against Manly is woeful no matter what the venue. This game should be a cracker and Lyon's injury should even the ledger a bit. We should be at near full strength but a lot of the guys seem to be carrying injuries. Wallace looked to be struggling with his elbow last weekend. This game shapes as a great test to see where we are at.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Certainly, our bogey team @ the moment. I can't remember our last win against the sea eagles so it must be a long time ago. But we're in the eight now which should be cause for celebration as we were woeful after the cowboys win. I think we've got depth in key positions and front row enough to say that we will give this comp a shake or be @ least in the top eight 19 years straight.

user_nat

Coach
I can't remember the last time we didn't play Manly during the rep season. Which might have something to do with our lack of success against them.

Mr Saab

Referee
On a bog field come sunday the broncos will have their work cut out for them. Still, the Eagles are not the same team they were since 2006 and the Broncos have a re newed confidence....Broncos by 8

AuDragon

Juniors
It's a pity they will be missing Lyon and Matai, as I would have liked to see what we can produce at this stage against one of the title favourites IMO.

We know we have the measure of the Titans and the Storm, the Dragons will again be unable to lift come finals, the Panthers aren't there yet and the Tigers are hot and cold, so Manly and Souths are probably the teams to test ourselves against.

Anyway, a firey test at Brookvale coming Sunday!

cornerposter

Juniors
This will be a big test for the forward pack. IMO the Manly pack is probably the most physical of the comp, so our boys better be ready for the bruises.
We're hitting some form and provided we get our fair share of 50/50 calls then we're in with a good chance. Here's hoping for strong defense and disciplined footy.

renouf

Juniors
I wouldn't be surprised if Lyon plays, hes had an injury like this before and played.. that said, surely we can get them in the halves. Our forward pack will need to at least match them.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
It's a pity they will be missing Lyon and Matai, as I would have liked to see what we can produce at this stage against one of the title favourites IMO.

We know we have the measure of the Titans and the Storm, the Dragons will again be unable to lift come finals, the Panthers aren't there yet and the Tigers are hot and cold, so Manly and Souths are probably the teams to test ourselves against.

Anyway, a firey test at Brookvale coming Sunday!

What tells you this?

AuDragon

Juniors
What tells you this?
I'm not sure I get the question...

We've just convincingly beaten the Storm and Titans, so I guess we do have their measure and as far as the Dragons are concerned, although they have Bennett, they don't have enough class (Boyd, Morris) in the team to go to the next level and will cough, cough, cough (pardon me)... Choke again! :lol:

renouf

Juniors
We don't have the Dragons measure I don't think.. still too many youngsters in the side for us to compete with them. When Hodges gets back on the field maybe..

AuDragon

Juniors
We don't have the Dragons measure I don't think.. still too many youngsters in the side for us to compete with them. When Hodges gets back on the field maybe..

Before the game, I didn't think we had the measure of the Storm, who I rate higher than the Dragons, but I was proven wrong. I was talking about them (Dragons) choking in the finals as usual. ;-)

Last edited:

AuDragon

Juniors
We only beat the Storm because Cameron Smith was out.
I disagree. Smith is important, but not that decisive that he could turn that kind of deficit around.
The Storm just beat the Dogs without Inglis, Slater and Smith...

beads6

First Grade
The Broncos best is as good if not better than every other club in the comp IMO. Lockyer leading the way we are a chance at beatin any team on our day.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
i don't think we are better than any team. i think our attack is as good as anyone elses but our defense is what lets us down on occasions. On Saturday was a very good defensive display but the boys still have some work to do.

Latest posts