What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 vs. Sea Eagles Discussion + Voting

Broncos93

Juniors
Screw study! Booing Israel then cheering when he scores is more important. My friend plans on bringing a big sign with Israel jumping above Anthony Quinn catching a $ sign. If it's decent I'll be on TV!

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Screw study! Booing Israel then cheering when he scores is more important. My friend plans on bringing a big sign with Israel jumping above Anthony Quinn catching a $ sign. If it's decent I'll be on TV!

good idea. if i go i'll look out for it:D

Country Bronco

Juniors
This whole Folau business has been one big disruption to the week. It would be interesting to know what the feel and commitment in the team this week has been like. Hopefully they've remained focused.

Broncs4ever

Juniors
My thoughts exactly Country Bronco. If memory serves me well cuties defection news took the wind out of the side the following game. Certainly an unexpected move by Izzy which I'm sure will have an effect one way or the other.

renouf

Juniors
2. Lockyer
2. Thaiday
1. Hoffman
1. Folau

All the forwards were strong, Parker/Dodds/Tronc/Gillett/Sims especially. Ben Hunt was good when he came on too.

Ghoulies

Bench
2. Lockyer
2. Thaiday
1. Hoffman
1. Folau

All the forwards were strong, Parker/Dodds/Tronc/Gillett/Sims especially. Ben Hunt was good when he came on too.
Agreed with all of that. Can't split Lockyer and Thaiday at the moment as to who's playing better.

Anyone else think that McCullough takes way too much time in his service from dummy half? There was a noticeable improvement in our attack when Hunt came on.

user_nat

Coach
First a rare win in Melbourne, and now a rare win at Manly.

I get the feeling now that for all 4 wins in our current streak, we may have got slightly lucky. Melbourne, Titans and Sharkies blew quite a few opportunities and now Manly have played one of their worst games this year. Not that we have been bad by any stretch, we had a lot to do with their bad performances. Hopefully Souths continue this trend.

Hard to find a standout, was impressed by a few.

2. Josh Hoffman - Debated if someone who made so many early errors could deserve 2 points, but after them he was very good. Had we lost I might not be so forgiving.
2. Corey Parker - Probably won't get points from many others, but was very good in both attack and defense.
1. Thaiday - Could easily switch him and Parker around. Yet another good display from the most bestest forward going around this year.
1. Lockyer - Lead the team well. If only I had more than 6 points to use.

Folau did well, not going to be as easy to replace (for Brisbane or the NRL) as many say.
I see the commentors have jumped on the Gillett bandwagon, not sure if this is good or not.

Anyone else think that McCullough takes way too much time in his service from dummy half? There was a noticeable improvement in our attack when Hunt came on.
Yeah. Ever since being injured. His defense is hard to replace though.

Last edited:

Broncos fan!

Juniors
First a rare win in Melbourne, and now a rare win at Manly.

I get the feeling now that for all 4 wins in our current streak, we may have got slightly lucky. Melbourne, Titans and Sharkies blew quite a few opportunities and now Manly have played one of their worst games this year. Not that we have been bad by any stretch, we had a lot to do with their bad performances. Hopefully Souths continue this trend.

Hard to find a standout, was impressed by a few.

2. Josh Hoffman - Debated if someone who made so many early errors could deserve 2 points, but after them he was very good. Had we lost I might not be so forgiving.
2. Corey Parker - Probably won't get points from many others, but was very good in both attack and defense.
1. Thaiday - Could easily switch him and Parker around. Yet another good display from the most bestest forward going around this year.
1. Lockyer - Lead the team well. If only I had more than 6 points to use.

Folau did well, not going to be as easy to replace (for Brisbane or the NRL) as many say.
I see the commentors have jumped on the Gillett bandwagon, not sure if this is good or not.

Yeah. Ever since being injured. His defense is hard to replace though.

It's a bad thing IMO. I have a feeling he might get a big head and start thinking he is unstoppable and doing stupid things by himself. Like that grubber to the in goal early in the tackle count that he has done twice over the last 2 weeks. Hopefully I am wrong though.

Country Bronco

Juniors
3 Hoffman
2 Thaiday
1 Parker

Might not have been manly's best game but still we came out on top of their forward pack about 20 minutes in and were never headed from there. We've been pretty much going under the radar as far as premiership contention goes so hopefully this win and the previous three wins stay unnoticed and we can go about our business without too much hype.

renouf

Juniors

Yeah he is sluggish out of dummy half a lot, sometimes opposition players are able to knock the ball out of his hand aswell. Hunt is definitely more effective, who knows, maybe that is his position?

Broncos93

Juniors
3. Lockyer
2. Thaiday
1. Hoffman
Hoffman would be a bit higher if he didn't make so many elementary errors.
Was good to be at the game today. Bar the rain, it was fun on the hill watching the boys. Was right in front of Hoffman when he did his big leap to score. Also, has anyone else seen Tony Williams in the flesh? He is an absolute monster. I've never seen such a big human being :S.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
3. Lockyer
2. Thaiday
1. Hoffman
Hoffman would be a bit higher if he didn't make so many elementary errors.
Was good to be at the game today. Bar the rain, it was fun on the hill watching the boys. Was right in front of Hoffman when he did his big leap to score. Also, has anyone else seen Tony Williams in the flesh? He is an absolute monster. I've never seen such a big human being :S.

Yes, he is a beast. I remember seeing him at the QLD Cup grand final last year where it looked like he was playing in an under 12's team or something. He dominated that day btw haha.

AuDragon

Juniors
3- Thaiday (How good is he going?)
2- Lockyer
1- Folau (can't go past his 2 tries)

Honorable mention to every other player in the team, especially the forwards, who shut down one of the biggest and best packs in the comp...

Last edited:

8Ball

First Grade
3. Lockyer
2. Thaiday
1. Hoffman

Stating the obvious, but Hoffman is really turning into a good player. Didn't start all that well, but it was very impressive to see a young fullback make an error or two early on, and then come back real strong.

Lockyno1 is really conspicuous in his absence which is good to see.

8Ball

First Grade
Agreed with all of that. Can't split Lockyer and Thaiday at the moment as to who's playing better.

Agreed. McCullough is fairly slow but serviceable in dry weather conditions, but is an absolute turtle in wet weather. Takes an age to get the ball to first receiver. Also, he is taking so many wrong options out of dummy half. Runs far too much when he needs to pass the ball.

8Ball

First Grade
3- Thaiday (How good is he going?)
2- Lockyer
1- Folau (can't go past his 2 tries)

Honorable mention to every other player in the team, especially the forwards, who shut down one of the biggest and best packs in the comp...

Folau was good but ruined a bit of his good work imo by going out of dummy half twice on the last play after a break, and getting tackled.

Dazzat

First Grade
3. Sammy ... loved that run down the left hand side when I looked like we'd be kicking from our 10 metre line!
2. Lockyer ... controlled the game from beginning to end.
1. Hoffman ... reminds me of Brett Hodgson ... always sniffing around the ruck, and very fast off the mark. Love his attitude as well ... after two mistakes he was feeling it but kept smiling.

More game time for Sims needed
Still can't get excited about Dodds ... one decent hit-up in today's game.
Hunt is looking more confidence with every game.
Te'o was quiet, as was Wallace who looks injured to me.
Hodges must be close to coming back, surely. Bring on the Rabbits.

Ghoulies

Bench
It's a bad thing IMO. I have a feeling he might get a big head and start thinking he is unstoppable and doing stupid things by himself. Like that grubber to the in goal early in the tackle count that he has done twice over the last 2 weeks. Hopefully I am wrong though.
I'm more worried about all the hype getting to his managers head, resulting in him getting shopped around to 15 other hungry clubs.