What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 Vs The Bulldogs

OldPanther

Coach
You keep complaining about people being happy with the team.

I was so happy when I saw it. It's sad it took Bryce getting injured because I don't like seeing that but Damn I'm hyped more than any time this season. Not just at the Moylan thing but we have a really good back 3 this week with sauce back and Edwards in. Yeo and CHN as the back row. It's so good.

OldPanther

Coach
hardly a complaint merely an observation. I only saw Griffin can't coach due to not selected the team everyone thought they should. He has picked that team now so what criticism of him is there now?

Attacking structure? Not much in the way of set plays and 5th tackle options are generally poor though better recently.

mxlegend99

Referee
hardly a complaint merely an observation. I only saw Griffin can't coach due to not selected the team everyone thought they should. He has picked that team now so what criticism of him is there now?
Well picking the team isnt exactly coaching. But everyone is happy he has finally made a decision that should have happened a year ago.

Moylan will be the blues 6 next year and Cleary will have an edge to be next inline after PearcE for the 7. This team will improve the rep careers f both our halves should they stay fit. The rep careers will then improve them as club players.

Maybe Hook waited until now so Moylan missed out on Origin? If he was killing it at 6 for us he retains his jersey or a bench spot for NSW atleast.

OldPanther

Coach
Well picking the team isnt exactly coaching. But everyone is happy he has finally made a decision that should have happened a year ago.

Moylan will be the blues 6 next year and Cleary will have an edge to be next inline after PearcE for the 7. This team will improve the rep careers f both our halves should they stay fit. The rep careers will then improve them as club players.

Maybe Hook waited until now so Moylan missed out on Origin? If he was killing it at 6 for us he retains his jersey or a bench spot for NSW atleast.

We could genuinely have the best halves in the comp in the next 5 years.

Would they do that? Massive mindgames there. Would be kind of funny.

mxlegend99

Referee
We have a lot of positional changes and new combinations to be built.

New fullback. 5/8th and hooker. Mansour returns.

As exciting as the team is on potential. I think we wont see this team click until after our next bye. If we can get another couple of ugly wins in or even win 1 of the 2. I think we could go on a charge after the Origin period.

OldPanther

Coach
We have a lot of positional changes and new combinations to be built.

New fullback. 5/8th and hooker. Mansour returns.

As exciting as the team is on potential. I think we wont see this team click until after our next bye. If we can get another couple of ugly wins in or even win 1 of the 2. I think we could go on a charge after the Origin period.

I'd be happy with that. With a strong run after that we'd still make finals and with consistency have a good year next year(wishful thinking).

Griffin just needs to keep things simple and not stifle their natural strengths as players.

betcats

Referee

Kidding yourself again mate. The criticism is we are slow starting since he arrived. We are error prone, our defence has gone backwards despite being a focus of his. Our attack was too flat and this was compounded by our playmakers not being allowed to use grubbers and other short attacking kicks, but the criticism came off the back of results, as you are fond of saying he will live and die by results, Griffins results have been shit. Trying to say he was bagged only for team selections is ridiculous, we have been top 3 all year for missed tackles, errors and penalties and we still have only beaten bottom four worthy teams this season. Brad Fittler was openly bagging our tactics on channel 9 a few weeks ago.

All that shit mentioned by avove plus more has been said about Griffin all year, it's very, very hard to believe anyone could post regularly in this forum and not know that.

OldPanther

Coach
Kidding yourself again mate. The criticism is we are slow starting since he arrived. We are error prone, our defence has gone backwards despite being a focus of his. Our attack was too flat and this was compounded by our playmakers not being allowed to use grubbers and other short attacking kicks, but the criticism came off the back of results, as you are fond of saying he will live and die by results, Griffins results have been shit. Trying to say he was bagged only for team selections is ridiculous, we have been top 3 all year for missed tackles, errors and penalties and we still have only beaten bottom four worthy teams this season. Brad Fittler was openly bagging our tactics on channel 9 a few weeks ago.

All that shit mentioned by avove plus more has been said about Griffin all year, it's very, very hard to believe anyone could post regularly in this forum and not know that.

Very well said.

Doomednow

Bench

Complete lack of fifth tackle options and zero effective set plays? Rubbish use of the bench? This isn't even hard to answer.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade

Um, the attacking game, the kicking tactics, the slow starts, the use of subs... are you serious?

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Let's hope that (a) that's the side that actually runs out (I have doubts) and (b) Moylan gets more than a game there to get used to the position. I'd be pissed if he gets shunted immediately if we lose.

Let's hope that (a) that's the side that actually runs out (I have doubts) and (b) Moylan gets more than a game there to get used to the position. I'd be pissed if he gets shunted immediately if we lose.

I understand the sentiment but I doubt even Griffin would toy with the fans like that.

In terms of getting a few games there I'm pretty confident this will happen. Brandy being at training shows to me that they want this to work, plus Cartwrights injury looks fairly long term.

Obviously they could go back to TMM but it genuinely feels like he's on the outer for whatever reason.

I understand the sentiment but I doubt even Griffin would toy with the fans like that.

In terms of getting a few games there I'm pretty confident this will happen. Brandy being at training shows to me that they want this to work, plus Cartwrights injury looks fairly long term.

Obviously they could go back to TMM but it genuinely feels like he's on the outer for whatever reason.
f**k us (the fans) if he treats Moylan like that he should leave. Hes clearly wanted this for a long time and never spoken out against his dud coach

Fangs

Coach
A very good team on paper.

I am expecting an improved performance from weeks previous. We need to start our games much better. First try please!

However this spine is completely new with the exception of Cleary. I'll be surprised if they click straight away and we pile on the points. I predict a close, low-scoring game.

Penrith by 6.

franklin2323

Immortal
Again. How does having a few positing changes mean the team is suddenly good? I agree strongest team for a while but no guarantee we start any better or have less errors.

Latest posts