What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 Vs The Bulldogs

OldPanther

Coach
Again. How does having a few positing changes mean the team is suddenly good? I agree strongest team for a while but no guarantee we start any better or have less errors.

No one has said it does. Discipline doesn't change at all but people are feeling good knowing we are running close to our strongest possible team out on Sunday. We do have a few new faces though which might help spice things up just enough and Moylan in the halves with Cleary and that back 3 might give us some good direction. Moylan would get a mental boost knowing he is essentially being groomed as future NSW 6 as well(hopefully).

You almost sound disappointed that people are happy with the club this week.

betcats

Referee
Again. How does having a few positing changes mean the team is suddenly good? I agree strongest team for a while but no guarantee we start any better or have less errors.

Who said any of this will happen? Im happy to see Moylan at 6 because I think the position suits his game more than fb. I'm still expecting us to have issues, Moylan might struggle there initially, a new hooker and a young fb, it won't be easy for them to click.

One of the main reasons St Merge were so awful last year was Rein's terrible service and him overplaying his hand with his decent running game. I'll admit he has looked pretty good in NSW cup though so their is hope

OldPanther

Coach
One of the main reasons St Merge were so awful last year was Rein's terrible service and him overplaying his hand with his decent running game. I'll admit he has looked pretty good in NSW cup though so their is hope

I can't tellwhether that was coaching or not as he has looked better after leaving.

hindy111

Post Whore
Has penrith beaten a good side this year. One in the top 8?

Tigers,knights,NZ. And struggled with 2 of those.

I am not confident they can win this weekend. I hope they do but form and injuries are worrying.

Fangs

Coach

The team is suddenly better on paper yes. Of course there are no guarantees.

Two wins on the trot, a bye and a new look team. You'd expect the team to be feeling fresh and very confident about their chances on the weekend. There are simply no excuses if Penrith put in another slow, error-prone start to the game again.

OldPanther

Coach
Has penrith beaten a good side this year. One in the top 8?

Tigers,knights,NZ. And struggled with 2 of those.

I am not confident they can win this weekend. I hope they do but form and injuries are worrying.

It's all irrelevant. We are now in the best possible position we can be to make a run. It's up to the players now though.

mxlegend99

Referee

Two wins on the trot, a bye and a new look team. You'd expect the team to be feeling fresh and very confident about their chances on the weekend. There are simply no excuses if Penrith put in another slow, error-prone start to the game again.
This team is the only one where a slow start is excusable.

New fullback.
New 5/8th.
New hooker.
Mansours first game in like 9 months.

I can see it taking a bit for things to click on both sides of the ball. You cant change 75% of your spine and not expect a teething period. H

franklin2323

Immortal
No one has said it does. Discipline doesn't change at all but people are feeling good knowing we are running close to our strongest possible team out on Sunday. We do have a few new faces though which might help spice things up just enough and Moylan in the halves with Cleary and that back 3 might give us some good direction. Moylan would get a mental boost knowing he is essentially being groomed as future NSW 6 as well(hopefully).

You almost sound disappointed that people are happy with the club this week.

No not at. I am glad people are happy though this is a good team with the look to the future but atm we still may struggle.

franklin2323

Immortal

Ahh here I was thinking you were the sane one with your reasonable measured approach before.

Edwards has had one game at FB. A total of 3 fullstop
Moylan 1st game at 5/8th for the club
Rein 1st game for us. Off an ordinary year before
Mansour will struggle the 1st month or so atleast

Hopefully like when Cleary came in last year the whole team lifts. It more then likely is a slow improvement and will set us up for years to come. It probably won't get a Top 4 or GF but finals is still possible.

It will help our inside 20 attack as Moylan's passing game should get Blake one on one with his opposite centre. That with Merrin and Tamou keeping to punch out 150m a game will make us no worse regardless

Fangs

Coach
This team is the only one where a slow start is excusable.

New fullback.
New 5/8th.
New hooker.
Mansours first game in like 9 months.

I can see it taking a bit for things to click on both sides of the ball. You cant change 75% of your spine and not expect a teething period. H

Yes yes yes I agree. As I said in my earlier posts I expect the same.

By slow starts I'm referring to our attitude at the start of games. Heads down after conceeding the first penalty etc.

OldPanther

Coach
Yes yes yes I agree. As I said in my earlier posts I expect the same.

By slow starts I'm referring to our attitude at the start of games. Heads down after conceeding the first penalty etc.

Exactly. It's why I say I look at how they win/lose not just the points.

Fangs

Coach
Ahh here I was thinking you were the sane one with your reasonable measured approach before.

Edwards has had one game at FB. A total of 3 fullstop
Moylan 1st game at 5/8th for the club
Rein 1st game for us. Off an ordinary year before
Mansour will struggle the 1st month or so atleast

Hopefully like when Cleary came in last year the whole team lifts. It more then likely is a slow improvement and will set us up for years to come. It probably won't get a Top 4 or GF but finals is still possible.

It will help our inside 20 attack as Moylan's passing game should get Blake one on one with his opposite centre. That with Merrin and Tamou keeping to punch out 150m a game will make us no worse regardless

Oh I'm sane baby.

I think its better on paper.

1.) I prefer Edwards over Moylan at the back. I like a fullback who returns the ball with energy and is urgent with their in-goal defence. I don't feel that Moylan has ever been very consistent in that area. Remember that we don't lose Moylan's silky hands as he is still in the team

2.) Moylan over Cartwright at 6 instantly looks better, even if he does flop.

3.)..no secret I'm a Rein fan ;) I know its not popular opinion, especially after his 2016 form. I'm still hopeful he will be our long-term 9

4.) Mansour. He won't be at 100%, but if he plays this weekend it will still be quality. I predict at least 100 ARM. His speed in the play the ball will also be a massive bonus.

Latest posts