What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 V Dragons

franklin2323

Immortal
How would he have known Simmons would go down?

Didn't NSW Cup play Wyong at same time as our NYC played?

Mansour or Moylan could of gone down point is lower graders need to be ready to play NRL at any time. Accidental high shots or injuries can't really be helped. Eye gouges can be very stupid but hopefully he learns from it

TheFrog

Coach
The Wyong player, Sam Bernstrom, was found not guilty of biting at the NSWRL judiciary as well. The DWZ incident appears to have come in the 48th minute, the biting (or non-biting?) incident at the 51st minute.

I'm wondering if the club will make a statement on this matter later today.

Panther Pete

Juniors
On the ticketek website still plenty left in all categories. Anything under 15k will be a disgrace

I have only been to a couple of games this year so I am pumped about getting to the game to cheer the boys on. I just read in the paper that the saints are paying $4.50 and we are $1.20. I can only assume it's been quite a long time since we have been that short.

franklin2323

Immortal
I have only been to a couple of games this year so I am pumped about getting to the game to cheer the boys on. I just read in the paper that the saints are paying $4.50 and we are $1.20. I can only assume it's been quite a long time since we have been that short.

A few of our members that sit near me are similar missed so many games. It's usually the other way around we had a few wins last year paying $5.50 Storm game was one

Last edited:

GongPanther

Referee
Eye gouging is an insidious and cowardly act to put on another fellow human.

Ex-St George player Steve Linane missed 5 months when he gouged Greg Alexander.

TheFrog

Coach
This match drew 19.987 in 2009 when Dragons were 1st and we were 5th.Since then, not so good. Last year the crowd was only 6271 when we were on the edge of the 8. Maybe the weather was threatening?

Sime_11

Juniors
surely cant be single seats left, just got member email saying get 20% ticket prices until midnight tonight, seems the opposite to me.

just shows if they are willing to cut prices for games, ticket prices are already too expensive. I know you have to make a profit etc but surely if you keep em down permanently, the crowds will come.....

TheFrog

Coach
Ex-St George player Steve Linane missed 5 months when he gouged Greg Alexander.

This incident happened in Round 23 (of 26) of 1987. Linnane got 20 weeks but next appeared off the bench in Round 17 of 1988. Not sure how that worked as the Dragons didn't make the finals in '87, maybe a trial was counted. In any case, that was his only appearance of 1988 in First Grade, he next appeared in Round 1, 1989. So he missed quite a bit more than 5 months and deservedly so, too.

Brandy, meanwhile, missed the remainder of 1987 and next played in Round 1, 1988. I seem to remember he needed some sort of surgery.

Also, if the Telegraph can be believed, Kevin Naiqama comes into the side.

Last edited:

The Teach

Juniors
This match drew 19.987 in 2009 when Dragons were 1st and we were 5th.Since then, not so good. Last year the crowd was only 6271 when we were on the edge of the 8. Maybe the weather was threatening?

Bingo! I remember the game last year as we were in the corporate box and it was cold and wet, at least during the day. I remember being happy that we weren't going to be sitting in the cold for a change.

TheFrog

Coach
Kevin Naiquama is replacing DWZ according to the Telegraph.

In an interview yesterday Ivan Cleary indicated the club were considering lodging an appeal against the DWZ suspension.

Latest posts