What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14: V Gus's new BFF (the worriers)

The yak

Juniors
I love how everyone thinks this game is won before we kick off.They are dangourus they have nothing to lose and each game they are closer to going home.If fact losing green could be a huge bonus as there kids now get a crack

My thoughts too. If we don't watch out the Warriors will pull down our pants.
Our first half last week was sublime. The 2nd half we coasted.
If we turn up and do the hard yards we win.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
My thoughts too. If we don't watch out the Warriors will pull down our pants.
Our first half last week was sublime. The 2nd half we coasted.
If we turn up and do the hard yards we win.

Well said. The minute the team starts reading and beliving their hype......it's all over.

Warriors can and will hurt you.

Need to work hard lay the platform.

There are no easy games in the NRL

WestyLife

First Grade
I am probably missing something but why is it necessary to rest someone when the season in terms physical outlay is only 18 games plus finals and they are playing about 40 minutes a game. Big guys need work and as long as Tamou stays healthy he should be playing. He is also the captain/leader and we loose a lot when he is not on the pitch. (Amazing the cliches you can spit out). Same for Fish who looks like someone who enjoys being out there.
Traditionally we rise or fall to the level of our opponents and games like the Warriors can sometimes slip away with a couple of injuries.

There wouldn't be a single player without a niggle of some sort. You don't want those niggles becoming serious

I dont think its necessary but more like a luxury, you do it if you can afford to.

Ivan said they'd had conversations about it earlier in the year and that there was a vague plan around resting players so it's definitely something they see as necessary.

betcats

Referee
Resting players isnt about being sure we are going to win, its simply trying to make sure we are as healthy and fresh as possible for the finals. Robinson and Bellamy both rest players towards the end of the season when they can so I dont think its a bad idea.

The warriors may very well beat us even if we are at full strength a loss now wouldnt be the end of the world.

GongPanther

Referee
I am probably missing something but why is it necessary to rest someone when the season in terms physical outlay is only 18 games plus finals and they are playing about 40 minutes a game. Big guys need work and as long as Tamou stays healthy he should be playing. He is also the captain/leader and we loose a lot when he is not on the pitch. (Amazing the cliches you can spit out). Same for Fish who looks like someone who enjoys being out there.
Traditionally we rise or fall to the level of our opponents and games like the Warriors can sometimes slip away with a couple of injuries.
IMO it has become glaringly obvious in the past two games , even as far back as the Titans game, that we are starting to tire mentally. When you have a relatively young crew, this will and does happen.

franklin2323

Immortal
Resting players isnt about being sure we are going to win, its simply trying to make sure we are as healthy and fresh as possible for the finals. Robinson and Bellamy both rest players towards the end of the season when they can so I dont think its a bad idea.

The warriors may very well beat us even if we are at full strength a loss now wouldnt be the end of the world.

Very possible we win the next 2 games.

Roosters beat Storm
Then Storm beat Parra

We are then 3 points clear of both. Then we can afford to drop a game which is fine if it ensures we are fit to play Finals

franklin2323

Immortal
How many Warriors members in Gosford?

Panthers members got the code weeks ago to go. A few days out they normally open it up to more people.

I went to a few away games and you can still get them in the day pending availability but just need to pre book. Can't just rock up at the gate

I am not using my code if you want to go. Just let me know

maple_69

Bench
IMO it has become glaringly obvious in the past two games , even as far back as the Titans game, that we are starting to tire mentally. When you have a relatively young crew, this will and does happen.

Really? We had like 8 dudes out against the Titans and while we weren’t slick, we’re largely in control all match. Then we absolutely dismantled Manly and played what some called or of the best halves of footy ever (bit much).

I absolutely think this is the point where a team can clock off mentally but I don’t think we’ve seen signs of that yet. It’s certainly what happened to us shortly after going top mid 2018.

I think resting at this stage should be about managing minutes of our starters wherever possible and rotating guys onto the bench to keep a decent 21 odd guys limber.

Latest posts