What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14: V Gus's new BFF (the worriers)

GongPanther

Referee
Really? We had like 8 dudes out against the Titans and while we weren’t slick, we’re largely in control all match. Then we absolutely dismantled Manly and played what some called or of the best halves of footy ever (bit much).

I absolutely think this is the point where a team can clock off mentally but I don’t think we’ve seen signs of that yet. It’s certainly what happened to us shortly after going top mid 2018.

I think resting at this stage should be about managing minutes of our starters wherever possible and rotating guys onto the bench to keep a decent 21 odd guys limber.
Anyway, I'm referring to the latter stages of those matches. Just an observation.

kinghippo

Juniors
If Ivan does decide to rest a player or two, it’s not as though he will be replacing them with bums.

Anytime someone comes they play great, it’s not as though we would be risking a loss.
It can certainly make a difference, look at the performance from kikau last week after a rest, probably his best of the year.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Panthers members got the code weeks ago to go. A few days out they normally open it up to more people.

I went to a few away games and you can still get them in the day pending availability but just need to pre book. Can't just rock up at the gate

I am not using my code if you want to go. Just let me know

Thanks for the kind offer.
Unfortunately I'm working Friday and there is no way I could get to Gosford before kick-off.
.....unless I call in sick.....
.....I best not, people lose there shite if you call in sick in the current climate :)

franklin2323

Immortal
Thanks for the kind offer.
Unfortunately I'm working Friday and there is no way I could get to Gosford before kick-off.
.....unless I call in sick.....
.....I best not, people lose there shite if you call in sick in the current climate :)

That is the issue with 6pm kick offs. Still atleast we still get to watch footy which seemed a long way off a few months ago

Luke Bowden

First Grade
I’d like to see this team run out this week.

1.Laurie (Dylan 1 extra week won’t hurt)
2.Mansour
3.Naden
4.Critter
5.MWZ
6.Burton
7.Cleary
8.Tamou
9.Api
10.Leto (Fish has deserves a spell)
11.Kiks
12.Marto
13.Yeo

14.Luai (May looks sore after every game)
15.Spencer
16.ZT
17.Burns (no may, so we need a backrower)

I think that’s still a really competitive team whilst still resting two players who need it.

mxlegend99

Referee

2.Mansour
3.Naden
4.Critter
5.MWZ
6.Burton
7.Cleary
8.Tamou
9.Api
11.Kiks
12.Marto
13.Yeo

15.Spencer
16.ZT

I think that’s still a really competitive team whilst still resting two players who need it.
Could get the job done. We need to get match time in for anyone we might consider using in the finals should we get injuries.

Burton is not part of our top 17. But its crucial he gets a game or two so if Cleary or Luai got injured heading into finals he's not returning having not played a full game in 4 months or however long it is between games.

Laurie just to see what he offers as a backup for Edwards. But our top 17 is almost certain. We just need to see if we can improve our backups and get them a bit better prepared should they be required. Ideally they won't be. Would be incredible if we could hit the finals at full strength while our main threats are not.

The_Frog

First Grade
I agree thats kind of why I want to rest him now and maybe again just before the finals if we are healthy enough. No disrespect to the warriors but they are not a strong side through the middle, if we play well we can win that battle without Tamou.
They've lost their best middle forward.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Every time I get worried we're going to come in to a game complacent, I get proven wrong (happily I might add). This game is no different.

The Warriors are coming off a nice win and will be hungry for more. However, I think the second half of the Raiders game should put us in the right mind set. We let that 2nd half really get away from us, and hopefully that shows the boys that you can't coast in any game, no matter the opponent.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Every time I get worried we're going to come in to a game complacent, I get proven wrong (happily I might add). This game is no different.

The Warriors are coming off a nice win and will be hungry for more. However, I think the second half of the Raiders game should put us in the right mind set. We let that 2nd half really get away from us, and hopefully that shows the boys that you can't coast in any game, no matter the opponent.

I love that we are at a point that we now consider losing a 2nd half 12-4 “really getting away from us”. It really is a good indication of how far the team has come.

WestyLife

First Grade
Exactly! We're starting to expect more, which as a Panthers fan, you'd know is strange for us :)

It really is. Most have been happy to just win a game and see players try hard for the team. Look at the traditionally successful teams and their fans have a totally different outlook which is what we are developing now which is a bit more ruthless haha.

mxlegend99

Referee
It really is. Most have been happy to just win a game and see players try hard for the team. Look at the traditionally successful teams and their fans have a totally different outlook which is what we are developing now which is a bit more ruthless haha.
Fans get judged for wanting better wins. Our coach and players have that same mindset now and its a big reason for why we are sitting in first.

There's always room to improve. As long as our team are striving to do so we shouldn't have to worry about taking teams lightly.

I also think giving a few different guys a run helps keep the fire going. They want to be part of our success.

John Hamblin

Juniors
Fans get judged for wanting better wins. Our coach and players have that same mindset now and its a big reason for why we are sitting in first.

There's always room to improve. As long as our team are striving to do so we shouldn't have to worry about taking teams lightly.

I also think giving a few different guys a run helps keep the fire going. They want to be part of our success.

There is real competition for both starting AND bench spots with Capewell, To'o, Whare,Staines etc due back in coming weeks. This will help with any thought of complacency.

LukeLewis3

Juniors

2.Mansour
3.Naden
4.Critter
5.MWZ
6.Burton
7.Cleary
8.Tamou
9.Api
11.Kiks
12.Marto
13.Yeo

15.Spencer
16.ZT

Really hope Ivan does something like this to rest players. We have to play long term orientated and not week in week out in respect to team selection. Especially with no NSW cup.

LukeLewis3

Juniors
1. Caleb AEKINS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Tyrone MAY - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Penrith Toyota
5. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Api KOROISAU - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans