What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14: V Gus's new BFF (the worriers)

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has named his side to face New Zealand Warriors at Central Coast Stadium on Friday.

The Panthers line-up is unchanged from the team that took the field in last Saturday's win over Canberra.

TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE FOR FRIDAY'S GAME

Dylan Edwards has been named on the extended bench and is some chance of making his return from a hamstring injury.

The Panthers will wear the 2020 Alternate Jersey.
1. Caleb AEKINS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Tyrone MAY - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Penrith Toyota
5. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Api KOROISAU - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Hix Group
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Casella Express

14. Daine LAURIE - sponsored by Signace
15. Spencer LENIU - sponsored by Wisdom Dental and Denture Clinic
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
17. Zane TETEVANO - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
18. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by Southlands Estate Agents
20. Matt BURTON - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Billy BURNS - sponsored by Brightside Music

WestyLife

First Grade
1. Caleb AEKINS - sponsored by CC Tyres Penrith
2. Josh MANSOUR - sponsored by MKJ Projects
3. Tyrone MAY - sponsored by Potter Automotive
4. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Penrith Toyota
5. Brent NADEN - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
6. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Hertz
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Chemtools
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
9. Api KOROISAU - sponsored by Cetnaj Wetherill Park
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Hix Group
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Casella Express

14. Daine LAURIE - sponsored by Signace
15. Spencer LENIU - sponsored by Wisdom Dental and Denture Clinic
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
17. Zane TETEVANO - sponsored by Wright Way Plumbing & Civil
18. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Stylus Blinds
19. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by Southlands Estate Agents
20. Matt BURTON - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Billy BURNS - sponsored by Brightside Music

Laurie doing what Crichton did earlier in the season? Will be nice to see him get a few more minutes. The warriors are missing their best prop so should be ripe for the picking.

Interesting thought :thought_balloon:

If Dylan is back playing in the No.1 Jersey this Friday, do you think Ivan will replace Laurie on the bench with Aekins or bring in Burton?

Personally I hope Laurie stays on the bench, no matter who ends up at fullback and perhaps give him more minutes on the field should the Panthers have a comfortable defendable lead.

WestyLife

First Grade

If Dylan is back playing in the No.1 Jersey this Friday, do you think Ivan will replace Laurie on the bench with Aekins or bring in Burton?

Personally I hope Laurie stays on the bench, no matter who ends up at fullback and perhaps give him more minutes on the field should the Panthers have a comfortable defendable lead.

I agree. If Edwards comes back would be nice to give him a spell for the last 20 or so to help ease the hammy back.

LukeLewis3

Juniors

Bold prediction but I think Burton will get minutes this week

martielang

Bench

You'd think Laurie. I can't see Aekins adding much attacking impact which is probably the main role of that utility.

Don’t think Aekins is any chance on the bench, not enough utility value. Burton might come in, but Laurie has utility value as well.

I don't see Mansour missing out. So that would mean no Naden. Unless it is just to see how he goes if needed mid game

Yeah I think it’s likely May moves back to the bench, but this could also be handy as it’s given May some time in the position in case Crichton or Naden get injured.

maple_69

Bench
I reckon Ivan is just taking the Ferrari for a spin at the moment. Seeing what all these blokes have until we’re back to full strength. The time will come very soon when we need to make some hard decisions about Edwards/Staines/Laurie and Naden/May/Burton’s futures with the club.

I reckon Ivan is just taking the Ferrari for a spin at the moment. Seeing what all these blokes have until we’re back to full strength. The time will come very soon when we need to make some hard decisions about Edwards/Staines/Laurie and Naden/May/Burton’s futures with the club.

We’ll lose at least one of Luai, Burton, Staines & Laurie. Maybe two. Going to be some difficult decisions for the club.

WestyLife

First Grade
We’ll lose at least one of Luai, Burton, Staines & Laurie. Maybe two. Going to be some difficult decisions for the club.

Might not happen but we all heard what Burton's manager said. Going to be funny if these guys stay. Happened with the Broncos in the 90s and early 2000s and the Roosters now are the club players want to go to. They might just want to be apart of what's happening here even if it means losing out on bigger $$$