What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 v Silvertails

age.s

First Grade
The thing that annoys me with the trip being missed is it reinforces the need to make a meal of situations like that. If Laurie stays down or someone starts a fight we likely get a penalty and are likely playing against 12 for the next 10 minutes.

I want to give him credit for getting up and getting on with it, but it's just objectively the wrong play. Its the same story with a lot of these marginal high shots and crushers that happen in tackles. Its all well and good to call these guys cats but what are you supposed to do when these highly paid officials with cutting edge technology miss these things more often than not?

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Does aloia have form for tripping? i seem to recall hes done that before. Anyway DCE and Seibold talking about Luai as if he did something bad to cause the brooks scuffle conveniently didnt mention that trip.
Luai gave young Turbo a facial. Turbo just got up and returned to the defensive line but Brooks thought it was worth having a scuffle about.

The Realist

Juniors
I think Henry is going so well, that he has shown that he can be the replacement next season for JFH, instead of just the Lenu impact role off the bench. Especially after the rest of this season and finals games to gain more first grade experience, and another hard preseason behind him to build upon his strength and fitness.

Yetserday in 42 minutes, he ran for 130 metres and made 30 tackles with zero misses. That’s starting front row output right there.

Massive strides in just a few months. Gone from competent benchie with potential to almost Elite prop territory. Also has aggression and enforcer mentality without the reckless stupidity of a JWH. JFH replacement found.

The Realist

Juniors
I'm a season ticket holder and travel to each home game from the south coast, and have done for years.

The constant bashing of players in our team by so called supporters who think they "get" footy is ridiculous.

The TV coverage does not and has never been a true indication of what is unfolding on the field.

Tago's defence is not what is being portrayed on these forums, the constant changes in the back row and halves on that side is blatantly obvious.

The inside defenders are just not shifting out well enough to support the centre and wingers at times and it just leaves some isolation where speed wins every time.

This game in the second half saw Cole work harder to help Tago and the defence improved therefore Manly went to the other side more often.

Injury and personnel changes are our problem and time will fix it all.

Remember fans, it's a team game not a blame game.

I was at the game myself and people were blaming Turuva more so than Tago. Do you want me to go through the footage and time stamp where both Alamoti and Tago went wrong? Both had at least once instance when they rushed ahead and got caught out - and it had NOTHING to do with their inside man (Half/2nd row).

I understand that players are not always going to get it right defensively. I understand that sometimes the oppositions play is just too good. But that is not what we are saying here. They are consistently making some fundamentally bad reads and some of these tries getting scored on us are genuinely shocking to fans because over the last 4 years we are accustomed to cleaning those up.

No coincidence that we are conceding a try a game more this season than previous 2-3.

Also please note that Whilst I've been critical of Tago, I am not in the 'drop him' camp. Before his Pec injury last year he was an excellent defender - barely a bad read and he was dropping fools. That why this regression is so shocking. Hopefully he sorts it out, gets his body right and confidence back by the pointy end of the season.

I was at the game myself and people were blaming Turuva more so than Tago. Do you want me to go through the footage and time stamp where both Alamoti and Tago went wrong? Both had at least once instance when they rushed ahead and got caught out - and it had NOTHING to do with their inside man (Half/2nd row).

I understand that players are not always going to get it right defensively. I understand that sometimes the oppositions play is just too good. But that is not what we are saying here. They are consistently making some fundamentally bad reads and some of these tries getting scored on us are genuinely shocking to fans because over the last 4 years we are accustomed to cleaning those up.

No coincidence that we are conceding a try a game more this season than previous 2-3.

Also please note that Whilst I've been critical of Tago, I am not in the 'drop him' camp. Before his Pec injury last year he was an excellent defender - barely a bad read and he was dropping fools. That why this regression is so shocking. Hopefully he sorts it out, gets his body right and confidence back by the pointy end of the season.
I will never be critical of him while Nathan and Marto are not there for the confidence. He (Tago) is seeing something that doesn't sit right with the defensive system so the rash decisions are made.

The inside out work IS the main reason he gets the trust issues.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I will never be critical of him while Nathan and Marto are not there for the confidence. He (Tago) is seeing something that doesn't sit right with the defensive system so the rash decisions are made.

The inside out work IS the main reason he gets the trust issues.
It's not just bad decisions he's missing easy tackles even when in position. He also doesn't break tackles anymore. He has no business in first grade atm

betcats

Referee
Dont take this wrong way cause i think Turuva been really good this year and Tago hasnt since round 3 or 4,, but tago has made 219 tackles missed 28, Turuva has made 54 tackles and missed 23. Stats wont tell the whole story but realistically neither of them are defending well and one of them is a lot more prone to dropping off tackles than the other,

Compare Turuva's numbers to Bizza who has made 59 tackles and missed 7, You cant tell me that Turuva isnt part of the problem on that edge and the tries conceded. His reads are probably just as bad and contact is worse.

The amount of shit Turuva has copped online after yesterday just because he's the one who signed elsewhere is scary and hilarious. He wasn't good but he's not dishing it up every week, yesterday was a standard game for Tago.
I have noticed and I refused to comment to them as I have no energy for that.

Dont take this wrong way cause i think Turuva been really good this year and Tago hasnt since round 3 or 4,, but tago has made 219 tackles missed 28, Turuva has made 54 tackles and missed 23. Stats wont tell the whole story but realistically neither of them are defending well and one of them is a lot more prone to dropping off tackles than the other,

Compare Turuva's numbers to Bizza who has made 59 tackles and missed 7, You cant tell me that Turuva isnt part of the problem on that edge and the tries conceded. His reads are probably just as bad and contact is worse.
I am currently watching Dogs NSW cup, wouldn't Skelton be good here?

Chins get the wins

First Grade

We didn't pay Turuva the money we should have gave Critter.......Tago is on massive cash delivering nothing

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
After watching Alamoti’s two try assists to To’o yesterday, I wouldn’t be moving Alamoti from left centre.

Let him and To’o continue to build a connection both in attack and defence on the left. Ivan doesn’t usually like to weaken one position to strengthen another, so I’m hopIng he leaves the left side alone for the time being and finds another solution to fix the right hand side defence.

Alamoti's has been a welcome surprise to me. A great third choice kicker too.

Like Cole keeps stepping up. He and To'o are building something special.

Tago is struggling I believe because Suniva is all over the shop. Comes in on occasion in defence, then stays out. Iv noticed this. Wouldn't surprise me to see Mclean come in and give Suniva a spell. His knee is heavily strapped, (has been most of the year). Could do with a rest for a couple of weeks. Or time back in cup to work on a couple of things.

Latest posts