What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 v Silvertails

WestyLife

First Grade
and it rolls on. who are we 'hating on this week......

Hating no. The disagreement mostly is how to sort a playing not in top form. Drop for a few weeks or wait for it to fix itself in top grade.

Some of the best players to play the game have dropped and come back. Edwards himself did it.

Girds89

Bench
This is analysis someone did specifically on the defence being discussed here.

Which is exactly what i said half a dozen posts or soo word for word haha.

Its like some on here genuinely just dont see things for what they are and want to hate on tago. That video is broken down to a pretty high level and whilst its not complex from most of the comments on tago id say most just dont see the game as its played out like this live in real speed.

Ive been saying this over and over again for weeks. I was saying it live as i watched it.

We arent numbering up well. Tago is dowm on form but the poor bloke is being hammered from pillar to post when at the end of the day its the blokes inside who aremt getting it right.

Like i keep saying when you are getting dome for numbers its a team issue not one bloke.

To many people are trying to compare critta in are prime defensive years to our team this year.

Different circumstances, different players..

Tago is tago. Alamonti is alamonti.

They arent as good as critta in defence. Yes critta probs could cover some of those plays but hes by far and away the best defensive centre in the game.

The issue we need to fix is getting our numbers right amd working harder from the inside.

Girds89

Bench
Hating no. The disagreement mostly is how to sort a playing not in top form. Drop for a few weeks or wait for it to fix itself in top grade.

Some of the best players to play the game have dropped and come back. Edwards himself did it.
Your missing the issue mate. As is most..

Like the bloke who made the video says. Its not tagos fault. Yes he is dowm on form but hes so called defensive issues are largely blowm waaay put of perspective but a lot on here who genuinely have no clue

Iamback

Coach
I also disagree that Tago has no responsibility watch how critta defends he covers those moments well by staying calm and giving himself time to make a decision.

That is my thoughts. Yes others make errors but if the outside guys hold then help can come from the middle

Iamback

Coach
Your missing the issue mate. As is most..

Like the bloke who made the video says. Its not tagos fault. Yes he is dowm on form but hes so called defensive issues are largely blowm waaay put of perspective but a lot on here who genuinely have no clue

And the errors and penalties are others fault too?

Girds89

Bench
You will notice after he breaks it down.

Try one Tago went to attack Brooks.
Try 2 Tago doesn't trust Cole

So even after someone goes to all that trouble still comes to poor decisions.

You probably pick 30 other times that Manly tried that but everyone did their job and shut it down

Again your missing the point.. dont know how else to explain it.

Hes being forced into decisions which are really a no win due to poor decisions from the inside or just not numbering up.

Hes definitely down on form and confidence but his issues on here are massively being blown way out of perspective.

Girds89

Bench
And the errors and penalties are others fault too?

Of course not. Maybe youve missed my posts for the last 6 or so weeks where ive continually said hes down on form and confidence.

But hes the best option we have and cole would get carved up at centre with what we are dishing up on the imside atm

Iamback

Coach
Again your missing the point.. dont know how else to explain it.

Hes being forced into decisions which are really a no one due to poor decisions from the inside or just not numbering up.

Hes definitely down on form and confidence but his issues on here are massively being blown way out of perspective.

No one is forcing him to make those decisions. You could find 20 videos or more of the line in similar situations and tries don't come from it.

Sharks game was perfect example. We were on our back foot for huge chunks of that game.

No one rushed out and trusted the systems and we kept them to zero. We have had the best defence for 3 years and now suddenly a centre needs to rush out?

Iamback

Coach
Of course not. Maybe youve missed my posts for the last 6 or so weeks where ive continually said hes down on form and confidence.

But hes the best option we have and cole would get carved up at centre with what we are dishing up on the imside atm

Well then it is more than defence.

A few weeks in NSW Cup picking on some bum players down there will do wonders as it often done.

Keeping him in the top grade isn't doing the trick

age.s

First Grade

The same people who picked the right time to drop Edwards are now not dropping Tago.

Girds89

Bench
No one is forcing him to make those decisions. You could find 20 videos or more of the line in similar situations and tries don't come from it.

Sharks game was perfect example. We were on our back foot for huge chunks of that game.

No one rushed out and trusted the systems and we kept them to zero. We have had the best defence for 3 years and now suddenly a centre needs to rush out?

The sharks were without nico..there 5/8 is slow and there centres arent speedsters.

Tago and Alamonti may have backed themselves to cover them in tnat game..

Whereas the manly centre is one of if not the quickest players in the comp.. and brooks over 20 is very quick..

Youre trying to compare things that just cant be compared..

Ill leave it with you. Just keep blaming Tago.

Ill put it back on the team to be better..

At the end of the day as ive explained and that poster... if the boys on the inside are getti g it right then tago doesmt have to make 50/50 decisions

Girds89

Bench
The same people who picked the right time to drop Edwards are now not dropping Tago.

Different positions and different times.

Edwards was dropped before he became a champion player.. before our team was a premiership winning team. Before we became a juggernaut.

We dont have a ready made replacement for tago atm and as i keep saying his issues arent as bad as the so no it alls on here think.

If we had a bloke absolutely knocking the door down in cup then sure..

But i just think atm the issue we need to fix is our middle guys not staying so tight.. pushing wider quicker to help numbers.

Iamback

Coach

That is it. I'd say similar here.

A month down there to build confidence up.

Gives Cole or Asa a few games in that position so if they are needed in the finals they have some match time behind them.

Tago comes back hopefully to his oldself and he wins a 3rd comp and pushes Origin next year.

I really don't see the big deal

Chins get the wins

First Grade
That is it. I'd say similar here.

A month down there to build confidence up.

Gives Cole or Asa a few games in that position so if they are needed in the finals they have some match time behind them.

Tago comes back hopefully to his oldself and he wins a 3rd comp and pushes Origin next year.

I really don't see the big
It's what I keep saying. His whole game is bad now not just his defence. How long can we just do nothing about it?

Iamback

Coach
The sharks were without nico..there 5/8 is slow and there centres arent speedsters.

Tago and Alamonti may have backed themselves to cover them in tnat game..

Whereas the manly centre is one of if not the quickest players in the comp.. and brooks over 20 is very quick..

Youre trying to compare things that just cant be compared..

Ill leave it with you. Just keep blaming Tago.

Ill put it back on the team to be better..

At the end of the day as ive explained and that poster... if the boys on the inside are getti g it right then tago doesmt have to make 50/50 decisions

This is Tago's 3rd season as starting centre.

So at no time in those previous 2 years have the guys inside Tago got it wrong?

Latest posts