What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 v Silvertails

Girds89

Bench
This is Tago's 3rd season as starting centre.

So at no time in those previous 2 years have the guys inside Tago got it wrong?

Of course but your trying to find a simple answer and there just is too many variables..

No point worrying about previous years..worry about whats happening now.

And the boys arent getting it right arkund the ruck and arent numbering up well enough and its making it hard for two blokes who are both still very junior, young and learning their craft..

Once that side starts to find a bit of form on defence tago will too. But the blokes on his inside need to work really hard to help out the centres which is the hardest spot by far to defend in the game.

There is no excuse for his errors and penalties. This is just a confidence thing.

Like i said about luai. It doesnt take much to turn it round. It can be the smallest thing like a good try or a great tackle etc..

This period for tago will be charecter building as i said and i have absolutely no doubt he will come out the other side this year when it counts and be back to his best for us when it matters

age.s

First Grade
That is it. I'd say similar here.

A month down there to build confidence up.

Gives Cole or Asa a few games in that position so if they are needed in the finals they have some match time behind them.

Tago comes back hopefully to his oldself and he wins a 3rd comp and pushes Origin next year.

I really don't see the big deal
Its not whether its a big deal or not, my point is you can't cite Edwards as an example because the people responsible for making the call on Edwards are currently making a different call on Tago.

I very very much doubt the coaching staff are unaware hes down on form. They just think, either for the good of the team or Tago himself, that the best option is he works it out in first grade. At this point, 3 premierships and a half a decade dynasty in, they've earned the right to some grace on calls like this.

Iamback

Coach
Of course but your trying to find a simple answer and there just is too many variables..

No point worrying about previous years..worry about whats happening now.

And the boys arent getting it right arkund the ruck and arent numbering up well enough and its making it hard for two blokes who are both still very junior, young and learning their craft..

Once that side starts to find a bit of form on defence tago will too. But the blokes on his inside need to work really hard to help out the centres which is the hardest spot by far to defend in the game.

There is no excuse for his errors and penalties. This is just a confidence thing.

Like i said about luai. It doesnt take much to turn it round. It can be the smallest thing like a good try or a great tackle etc..

This period for tago will be charecter building as i said and i have absolutely no doubt he will come out the other side this year when it counts and be back to his best for us when it matters

So you admit he is down on confidence yet think they should do nothing about it?

Iamback

Coach
What makes you think they're "doing nothing" about it?

the lack of improvement.

As someone said before he would have a lot of things going on, Now as guys are getting fit we should be in a position to 'rest' him

Girds89

Bench
the lack of improvement.

As someone said before he would have a lot of things going on, Now as guys are getting fit we should be in a position to 'rest' him

Luai was put of form for long periods of time..

If they are the best option you have to stick with them. He has proved why.

He is the best option currently.

Until someone is knocking the door down then there more important things that can be dome to fix the d on both sides.

Again for months ive been saying this. Simply moving cole to centre or anyone else doesnt fix the issues of us not numbering uo properly and playing to condensed.

I dont think its a huge fix tbh. Ivan is such a smart coach these days that i have full faith in him.

If he drops tago then so be it. But hes stuck with him to date. Hes record speaks for itself.

Iamback

Coach
Luai was put of form for long periods of time..

If they are the best option you have to stick with them. He has proved why.

He is the best option currently.

Until someone is knocking the door down then there more important things that can be dome to fix the d on both sides.

Again for months ive been saying this. Simply moving cole to centre or anyone else doesnt fix the issues of us not numbering uo properly and playing to condensed.

I dont think its a huge fix tbh. Ivan is such a smart coach these days that i have full faith in him.

If he drops tago then so be it. But hes stuck with him to date. Hes record speaks for itself.

Luai can drift in and out of games.

So we haven't had these issues in the 2 previous seasons Tago has been here?

We conceded a single try to Storm off a kick, You don't think Bellamy would find the same weakness that some guy on twitter found?

I don't think simply replacing Tago fixes the issues but that may fix Tago. Who we need firing if we are to win a comp.

Girds89

Bench
Luai can drift in and out of games.

So we haven't had these issues in the 2 previous seasons Tago has been here?

We conceded a single try to Storm off a kick, You don't think Bellamy would find the same weakness that some guy on twitter found?

I don't think simply replacing Tago fixes the issues but that may fix Tago. Who we need firing if we are to win a comp.

Theres a time and place for dropping blokes.

Now is not the time.

We are 2 points off first.

Weve played half the year without nath.

Leota fish, martin, tago and even soro have all been underwhelming for big parts of this year..

If there was a bloke absolutely knocking the door down in cup id be for the idea or moving tago to the bench.

But we just dont have that luxury atm.

Ivan just needs to get the d sorted. As simple as that.

Tago has simply been a contributor to the bed d on his side.. everyone else around him needs to work to fix it including him.

Itll click..i have no doubt and ivan will have us primed at the perfect time. Tago will fire at the right time.

To me the biggest issue in our side is the role of the 14. We really have to sort that and its way mkre pressing then our defence. We kmow we are a good defensive side..we are just in a bit of a rut atm.

Its like our attack..over the last 3 years kt hasnt always clicked..theres been month or 2 month blocks where its boderline looked terrible.

But when you have a good foundation you just have to ride the waves so to speak.

I actually cant believe so many on here still doubt ivan.

If he drops him so be it. He will obviously think he needs some time to build.. if tjat happens this week so be it.

He hasnt till this point.. so maybe just show a little faith in a coach who is probably going to end up there with some of the greats..

Tago is going to be a star player. Ive seen to much great stuff from him to suggest otherwise.. he just needs to string a few god moments together is all.

People think dropping him will fix him.

Not everyone is in the dyl edwards mould..not everyone takes a dropping like a champ..sometimes it can kill a kids confidence even more.

I have no doubt ivan knows our defence is an issue on both the left and right..

Full strength brissie would kill our edges..

But its not even halfway in the year, we are missing nath for half if it and doing ok.

Lets just see how ivan lets it play out..

Not saying you have death ridden tago but honestly its a bit much by some on here. Smug just blames him for everything whereas ppl with no bias with an actual footy brain like the bloke on YouTube that dissected the d shows it really is a team issue..

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Which is exactly what i said half a dozen posts or soo word for word haha.

Its like some on here genuinely just dont see things for what they are and want to hate on tago. That video is broken down to a pretty high level and whilst its not complex from most of the comments on tago id say most just dont see the game as its played out like this live in real speed.

Ive been saying this over and over again for weeks. I was saying it live as i watched it.

We arent numbering up well. Tago is dowm on form but the poor bloke is being hammered from pillar to post when at the end of the day its the blokes inside who aremt getting it right.

Like i keep saying when you are getting dome for numbers its a team issue not one bloke.

To many people are trying to compare critta in are prime defensive years to our team this year.

Different circumstances, different players..

Tago is tago. Alamonti is alamonti.

They arent as good as critta in defence. Yes critta probs could cover some of those plays but hes by far and away the best defensive centre in the game.

The issue we need to fix is getting our numbers right amd working harder from the inside.

Exactly. Critta is a once in a generation player. Above elite. Tago, Suniva still learning.

Now is NOT the time for dropping players. The tackle bags will be out this week. Iv by listening and watching his post match presser, he's well aware of the issues. They are an easy fix. Game against Sharks worked beautifully.

Remember no Edwards last weekend setting the defence lines. HUGE HUGE out.

Iamback

Coach
Theres a time and place for dropping blokes.

Now is not the time.

We are 2 points off first.

Weve played half the year without nath.

Leota fish, martin, tago and even soro have all been underwhelming for big parts of this year..

If there was a bloke absolutely knocking the door down in cup id be for the idea or moving tago to the bench.

But we just dont have that luxury atm.

Ivan just needs to get the d sorted. As simple as that.

Tago has simply been a contributor to the bed d on his side.. everyone else around him needs to work to fix it including him.

Itll click..i have no doubt and ivan will have us primed at the perfect time. Tago will fire at the right time.

To me the biggest issue in our side is the role of the 14. We really have to sort that and its way mkre pressing then our defence. We kmow we are a good defensive side..we are just in a bit of a rut atm.

Its like our attack..over the last 3 years kt hasnt always clicked..theres been month or 2 month blocks where its boderline looked terrible.

But when you have a good foundation you just have to ride the waves so to speak.

I actually cant believe so many on here still doubt ivan.

If he drops him so be it. He will obviously think he needs some time to build.. if tjat happens this week so be it.

He hasnt till this point.. so maybe just show a little faith in a coach who is probably going to end up there with some of the greats..

Tago is going to be a star player. Ive seen to much great stuff from him to suggest otherwise.. he just needs to string a few god moments together is all.

People think dropping him will fix him.

Not everyone is in the dyl edwards mould..not everyone takes a dropping like a champ..sometimes it can kill a kids confidence even more.

I have no doubt ivan knows our defence is an issue on both the left and right..

Full strength brissie would kill our edges..

But its not even halfway in the year, we are missing nath for half if it and doing ok.

Lets just see how ivan lets it play out..

Not saying you have death ridden tago but honestly its a bit much by some on here. Smug just blames him for everything whereas ppl with no bias with an actual footy brain like the bloke on YouTube that dissected the d shows it really is a team issue..

This is from ANZAC Day.

Throw in the troubles with his best mate May, Turuva who he is close to leaving

He seems off with the fairies.

So I don't think it is talent but it has been the issue for a couple of months.

Say we ride it out and it doesn't improve, You think Cole isn't good enough against a bum team in the Knights. How is he going to go in a finals game?

Ivan has always had 2 much faith in his senior guys, Back to Lewis Brown stinking up the joint during his 1st stint.

Tyrone May is another example of many

Attachments

• IMG_2829.png
    IMG_2829.png
    955.6 KB · Views: 16

Chins get the wins

First Grade
This is from ANZAC Day.

Throw in the troubles with his best mate May, Turuva who he is close to leaving

He seems off with the fairies.

So I don't think it is talent but it has been the issue for a couple of months.

Say we ride it out and it doesn't improve, You think Cole isn't good enough against a bum team in the Knights. How is he going to go in a finals game?

Ivan has always had 2 much faith in his senior guys, Back to Lewis Brown stinking up the joint during his 1st stint.

Tyrone May is another example of many
I saw the Tago issue months before anyone else and was laughed at. When in form he's a f**king weapon but it's pretty much been a year now since he was at his best. The minute Cleary is fit I'd move Cole there. I'd even have Garner there if we had a backrower worth bringing in

WestyLife

First Grade
I saw the Tago issue months before anyone else and was laughed at. When in form he's a f**king weapon but it's pretty much been a year now since he was at his best. The minute Cleary is fit I'd move Cole there. I'd even have Garner there if we had a backrower worth bringing in

Even Girds admitted Tago looks down on confidence/form.

Frankus

Juniors
I'm not happy that he's a shadow of himself. Used to break tackles for fun
He was an absolute beast last year before his pec injury. He was outplaying Crichton at that time he was going so well. His game against the phins last year was phenomenal.

One thing we do need to keep in mind - it’s just his 3rd season of 1st grade and he missed large chunks of his second.

I think he will come good. Part of the problem is he isn’t getting much clean, early ball. Not surprised really, given Nathan has been out most of the year. Most of his touches come from doing the tough stuff in our kick return sets.

Iamback

Coach
Even Girds admitted Tago looks down on confidence/form.

correct. NRL has very few bum teams to get confidence up

for example this week he will be marking Bradman Best, Sometimes a couple of easy games in lower grades does a player wonders