What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 v Silvertails

WestyLife

First Grade
We don’t like missing home games but in this instance no choice. There’s only the Swans v Cats game on AFL at the same time as our game so we will have no issues finding a screen somewhere.

These days I forget how much a religion afl is down there and other sports barely exist. My sister went to uni down there and married a Victorian.

Kilkenny

Coach
These days I forget how much a religion afl is down there and other sports barely exist. My sister went to uni down there and married a Victorian.
They are fanatical. When there are say three games in town on a given day it is rather special to see the colours, guernseys fans travelling thought the city, dining, drinking before making the way to the MCG or Marvel Stadium. The two stadium system just works amazingly well for Melburnians given there public transport is so good, trains, trams and buses.

Fangs

Coach
Laurie can play but I'd put Turuva at fullback. He's not only a better player but he's a much better fit in our team at fullback

And you're going to drop Tago at the same time?

Tago to the wing maybe but I wouldn't bother with any change. Laurie was absolutely fine last week and will keep the spot until Edwards returns. Moving Turuva just creates another problem.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
And you're going to drop Tago at the same time?

Tago to the wing maybe but I wouldn't bother with any change. Laurie was absolutely fine last week and will keep the spot until Edwards returns. Moving Turuva just creates another problem.
I've come to terms that Tago is a May by proxy and undroppable by Ivan.

No point moving Turuva for a week. Particular if To'o doesn't play.
We'll need to play Turuva there in the finals if anything happens to Dyl

Fangs

Coach
I've come to terms that Tago is a May by proxy and undroppable by Ivan.

We'll need to play Turuva there in the finals if anything happens to Dyl

Very mature of you I'm impressed. Mod material.

I'd normally agree on the second part but we don't seem to pick our squads that way.

The yak

Juniors

Injury puts Liam Martin in doubt for Origin II​

The NSW Blues could be dealt a major blow with inspirational back-rower Liam Martin racing the clock to overcome a ligament injury in his foot to play in game two of the State of Origin series.
Martin, who is now in a moon boot, will miss Penrith’s clash with Manly on Sunday as he recovers from a foot injury he suffered in the first half of game one at Accor Stadium on Wednesday.

The Blues’ medical staff gave Martin a pain-killing injection at half-time to help him get through the match, but his foot swelled up after the game.
Martin is hopeful but no certainty to play in Penrith’s game against Newcastle the following Sunday, which will be the last club game before the teams are named for Origin II. A player of his standing is unlikely to be required to play to earn selection in Michael Maguire’s squad.

The Panthers backrower was one of the Blues’ best in a disappointing outing in the opening game of the series on Wednesday.
The rest of the Panthers players will return to training on Friday night to determine if they will back up for Penrith.

WestyLife

First Grade
It's funny getting downvoted to oblivion on reddit for calling it an exhibition game 😂 but seriously the older I get the more I don't care as much. If the players get through fine great and it's a high standard of football usually but it's so disruptive to the season that actually matters.

Fangs

Coach
Needling up a player owned by a club is pretty crook stuff. A club will surle at some point and kill off this silly game

Dragons appear to have Hunt and Lomax backing up 48 hours after Origin.

Their season still has a pulse so they need them out there. But the injury risk must be quite high.

Latest posts