What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 v Silvertails

maple_69

Bench
I don’t see any reason for Laurie or any back to be on the bench when Garner and Sorenson are fit. Garner covers the backs well if one goes down, tick. Toelau or Sommerton in that 14 can at least offer something in a 20 min cameo.

Hopefully everyone gets through Origin unscathed. I’d expect Martin, To”o and Leota to drop out at least.

Iamback

Coach
I don’t see any reason for Laurie or any back to be on the bench when Garner and Sorenson are fit. Garner covers the backs well if one goes down, tick. Toelau or Sommerton in that 14 can at least offer something in a 20 min cameo.

Hopefully everyone gets through Origin unscathed. I’d expect Martin, To”o and Leota to drop out at least.

Kenny will play 80 mins though.

How do you get Toelau on in that case?

Laurie means we can give Edwards, To'o or Luai an early mark

The Teach

Juniors
Kenny will play 80 mins though.

How do you get Toelau on in that case?

Laurie means we can give Edwards, To'o or Luai an early mark
Maybe Toelau goes to hooker, Kenny to lock for 20-30 minutes depending on how Isaah pulls up?

Iamback

Coach
Maybe Toelau goes to hooker, Kenny to lock for 20-30 minutes depending on how Isaah pulls up?

Henry and Smith can play big minutes as we saw last week.

Them and Garner can do 50mins easily. I am not against giving Kenny a break but I think that is a non Origin week move. Probably one we see when Cleary is back to give Cole game time

The Teach

Juniors
I agree...its going to be interesting to see how ivan uses the bench this week regardless of who plays after origin

Sime_11

Juniors
Yeo said that Dyl made the call to sit it out? he reckons he could have played but didnt want to risk it for the team

would Teddy do the same? 100% hell no

Dyl is a man of the people

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Edwards missing Origin and playing for us would be such a glorious middle finger to the Origin machine.

I totally agree. I find this 'state friendly' that always helps out qld.......one of the great ho hums in the footy calendar......The media carry on.

The faux outrage by the qld team each and every year.

I am SO OVER IT.

betcats

Referee
Toleau is easier to get into the game than Laurie off the bench tbh And I think he gives us the ability to cover more spots. Back goes down cole can shift into centres. Forward goes down Kenny can shift into Middle role for a stint. Toleau comes on in the halves or at hooker. If no one goes down straight swap to spell Kenny. Or yeo comes off, Kenny to lock for a stint.

With Laurie he almost purely covers the halves or fullback.

Given we named our origin boys I think we will rest a couple depending on how tonight goes

Iamback

Coach
Toleau is easier to get into the game than Laurie off the bench tbh And I think he gives us the ability to cover more spots. Back goes down cole can shift into centres. Forward goes down Kenny can shift into Middle role for a stint. Toleau comes on in the halves or at hooker. If no one goes down straight swap to spell Kenny. Or yeo comes off, Kenny to lock for a stint.

With Laurie he almost purely covers the halves or fullback.

Given we named our origin boys I think we will rest a couple depending on how tonight goes

I don't think Moses will play but if we run out with the pack named.

Then the 14 isn't getting on anyway. So becomes who you want cover. Edwards carrying and injury and Luai backing up seem the most likely to get an early mark and need covering.

Smith or Henry will just play longer to get Yeo off

Kilkenny

Coach
We need to bounce back this week. We need the two points.

I’ll miss the game (live) in Melbourne for a trip. Intend to catch the Jersey Flegg game vs the Storm at AAMI before finding a comfortable pub to watch our game against the Sea Eagles. That in itself can be a challenge in Melbourne will probably have to ask the bar staff to put one TV on the NRL.

WestyLife

First Grade
We need to bounce back this week. We need the two points.

I’ll miss the game (live) in Melbourne for a trip. Intend to catch the Jersey Flegg game vs the Storm at AAMI before finding a comfortable pub to watch our game against the Sea Eagles. That in itself can be a challenge in Melbourne will probably have to ask the bar staff to put one TV on the NRL.

Shame but it should be easy enough to find a spot to watch. It's the only game I'll be able to watch live this year switched work days with a work mate.

Kilkenny

Coach
Shame but it should be easy enough to find a spot to watch. It's the only game I'll be able to watch live this year switched work days with a work mate.
We don’t like missing home games but in this instance no choice. There’s only the Swans v Cats game on AFL at the same time as our game so we will have no issues finding a screen somewhere.