What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 v Silvertails

I want someone to get bought.

short of that once Cleary is back Cole to centre for Tago works
Yes me to that would be ideal. We know the club is looking, but ATM Tago on the right hasn't worked. He kinda looks either lost or disinterested, but maybe he just works better on the left, if he fails there we got to seriously look at long term options. Averillo would be my pick but I can see him following Wayne.

Iamback

Coach
Yes me to that would be ideal. We know the club is looking, but ATM Tago on the right hasn't worked. He kinda looks either lost or disinterested, but maybe he just works better on the left, if he fails there we got to seriously look at long term options. Averillo would be my pick but I can see him following Wayne.

We won't do anything long term until after May's case is finalised.

We can pick up a mid season signing and at the very least play Tago as a 14

age.s

First Grade
What kind of player is Iongi? Because I feel Laurie's issue isn't that he's no good, its just his style doesn't really fit.

In truth, we were probably going to miss Edwards for a few of those weeks anyway, similar to Cleary. Not the worst time for him to get an injury like that.

Panther Mike

Juniors
Ridiculous that we have to pay for players getting injured just training and not even playing for a different team!!

For this game we'll need some stars to back up or we probably lose again. Gotta love Origin, NOT!!

Iamback

Coach
He dis but the bench especially was never going to match Dragons forward heavy in the wet. Needs to be better this week. I swapped work days next week so I can go hope it's a good one from ivan.

Exactly. Look at the size and experience of the Dragons pack.

Shouldn't rain atleast

maple_69

Bench
Well if you take a look through our fixtures last year to refresh your memory on how we were travelling it’s a bit reassuring. We had a few monster games but were mostly scraping by crap teams until the 6 week run in when we went up a notch.

Edwards and Luai were a big part of the scraping by unfortunately. We’ve got winnable games through Origin so hopefully Ivan picks the right side and we can stay in touch until the main guys are back.

Fangs

Coach
Panic button can't be pressed.

Further spine changes would be a mistake. We need to be realistic and let the combinations continue to build.

Iamback

Coach
Panic button can't be pressed.

Further spine changes would be a mistake. We need to be realistic and let the combinations continue to build.

The only spine change I'd make is Cole to centre for Tago but I am not sure you make that before Cleary is back

Fangs

Coach
The only spine change I'd make is Cole to centre for Tago but I am not sure you make that before Cleary is back

I'd leave the spine alone. Give them as much time together as possible.

If Luai plays then Cole drops out of the 6 and you might get your wish. I know we are desperate to win but I'm no fan of players backing up.

maple_69

Bench
Yeah I'd love to drop Tago or send him to the bench for Cole but I don't think we can while Luai is in and out of the side and Cleary is out. I think we just need to try and field a consistent team and back it to get the 3 or so wins out of the next 5 we probably need to stay close to the top 2.

We have Sea Eagles (Origin players dont back up), Knights (Origin players in), Bye before Origin 2, Cows (Origin players don't back up), Broncos (Origin players in), Bye before Origin 3 & then Dolphins (Origin players don't back up).

I'd leave Edwards and Cleary until that stretch is done and run with the below team with simple ins and outs in the post Origin games. I'd prefer Iongi but given the lack of experience Cleary will definitely go with Laurie, its why he was signed for 1 year. I think we can take 3/5 given all of these teams are super rocky.

Laurie, Turuva, Alamoti, Tago, McLean (To'o), Cole, Schneider (Luai), Fish, Kenny, Henry, Sorenson, Garner, Smith (Yeo), Toelau, Leota, Eisenhuth (Smith), Geyer (Martin)

Get to game 17 at 11-6 with a healthy first 17 and I think we're in an ok spot with a soft run in to tune up.

Iamback

Coach
Thanks NRL Physio…

The story reported says Edwards thought he could play on Wednesday. That would put it in the lighter side.

Hynes was pulled from their last trial and played Round 1. 2 weeks later a few other players have done similar.