What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 v Silvertails

Iamback

Coach
Burton will be centre if they know what they are doing. Can't let that cancer Latrell in the side

They will go Latrell.
Moses 7
Then some back on the bench.

The reasoning given for why Jake didn't get back on shows to me. They realised they stuffed the bench

WestyLife

First Grade
Burton will be centre if they know what they are doing. Can't let that cancer Latrell in the side

I agree but Latrell will be the favourite. He came back and played well after his suspension and posted on social media like he's keen for it. Also funny stat nsw has never lost when Latrell plays.

WestyLife

First Grade
The bench minutes.

The way it played out.

Yeah but Madge didn't pick like that in game one he won't in game 2. He was told over and over again and qld picked cobbo on the bench and Madge still picked young on the bench.

Iamback

Coach
Yeah but Madge didn't pick like that in game one he won't in game 2. He was told over and over again and qld picked cobbo on the bench and Madge still picked young on the bench.

Listen to his presser when asked why Jake didn't play more. His reasoning is sound if he needed extra lateral movement then their needs to be changes

Munky

Coach
Jurbo is less than a year older than Yeoweh and has played the same amount of NRL plus rep games.

Became plod in 2020.

Bizarre regression from a bloke who was insanely good at one point.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
It's funny getting downvoted to oblivion on reddit for calling it an exhibition game 😂 but seriously the older I get the more I don't care as much. If the players get through fine great and it's a high standard of football usually but it's so disruptive to the season that actually matters.

It's a stupid meaningless 'friendly'. Designed by feral Qlders to make them feel better about themselves.

WestyLife

First Grade
Listen to his presser when asked why Jake didn't play more. His reasoning is sound if he needed extra lateral movement then their needs to be changes

I agree with the point but I don't see madge changing after being so stubborn the first time.

A 20 team competition will let the big scheduling changes happen to stop our regular NRL season getting railroaded by Origin.

It will let us televise more games. So the idea of a 3 week shutdown for Origin becomes financially viable. End of season games just aren't realistic as the players don't want it and will just sit out the games.
We would probably have 2 conference league or 2 tier comps

So is Hudson Young though
Twice caught eye gouger.

Only in the NRL because of the standard reference from R. Stuart.

You know, "it's out of character" and the classic "he's a good kid".

Only Canberra supporters can like him.

A free pass for his indiscretions just doesn't sit well with this old man.

I'll keep reminding the masses of the grubby actions of another one of "Ricky's boys".

Frankus

Juniors
I would look to play origin after the season ends. Reduce the number of regular season games to 20.

age.s

First Grade
If post-season isn't an option, then it should be over 3 consecutive weeks mid season. You could even continue with the NRL in a heavily abridged fashion, giving every team 2x byes over 3 weeks. 1 round without Origin players for each club. Reasonable levels of continuity for players who haven't been selected for Origin.

Iamback

Coach
If post-season isn't an option, then it should be over 3 consecutive weeks mid season. You could even continue with the NRL in a heavily abridged fashion, giving every team 2x byes over 3 weeks. 1 round without Origin players for each club. Reasonable levels of continuity for players who haven't been selected for Origin.

The only issue is you would use a stack more Origin players, naming squads for clubs becomes impossible

It works with test footy but the value of that needs to liff

maple_69

Bench
I think that the results this series are less important than starting to turn around the putrid culture within the Blues squad that underpins the continual underperforming. I’m sure Latrell could come in and dominate a couple games. Same with Walker. They’re not going to change the longer term performance markers we see from the side.

Picking a guy like Turbo as captain, a guy like Edwards as fullback, guys like McInnes all helps establish work ethic, heart and drive as the key elements of being a Blue. Guys like Latrell need to know if they get brought into camp they’re just a cog in the machine and will need to bleed for their state. That’s what Walsh walks into for the Maroons despite also being a self involved twat.

I think the response to having a twat sent off was pretty encouraging. They didn’t embarrass themselves and had the best of most of that game. Responding ferociously in game 2 is key but I am all for getting defence and desperation first guys into roles as a marker in the sand. People bagged Martin for missing the tackle on Hunt while he was playing with a ligament injury but he is exactly the type of guy the Blues need right now, will bury himself to give his state a chance, despite not being at his best right now.

Latest posts