What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Sharks

franklin2323

Immortal
I don’t think Ivan will play any of the SOO players this Friday night and and that includes Api. i don’t know when the NSW team is scheduled to fly back, but obviously it will be Thursday sometime and probably not early as they will most likely have a recovery session up there.

Tyrone May have copped heaps on here and I’m not sure he deserves the weight of criticism that has come his way.

Personally, I would put Burton at 7, Salmon at 6 and May 13.

I doubt Spencer gets a start this week so he is back to the bench and start with JFH & Matt Eusinhuth up front. Spencer’s form is a bit of a worry, not sure what the problem is, but something is not right.

Why would Api not play though? He is just going to train just had a week off and nice and fresh.

Leota is back. He will start

franklin2323

Immortal
Personally, I don’t think Tyrone May was the reason we lost, it is convenient to lay the blame at his feet, but he certainly wasn‘t helped by some of team mates who should have performed better. The better team, and I say team, won. Having a bench with 18 NRL games between them, Salmon contributing 17 of those was always going to make things difficult. i thought we did quite well to get ourselves back in the contest only for a huge Kikau mistake and two big calls to take the game away from us.

I think we picked the best 17 we had. Just had them in the wrong order and some guys played poorly

Kilkenny

Coach
Why would Api not play though? He is just going to train just had a week off and nice and fresh.

Leota is back. He will start
SOO is intense, just the whole week will be draining for him. He may well be required if he is 18th man, depending on how the game unfolds and regardless travelling back sometime Thursday, no captains run I just don’t think Ivan will play him.

I just kinda think maybe having some impact of the
bench in Leota maybe the way to go this week.

WestyLife

First Grade
Personally, I don’t think Tyrone May was the reason we lost, it is convenient to lay the blame at his feet, but he certainly wasn‘t helped by some of team mates who should have performed better. The better team, and I say team, won. Having a bench with 18 NRL games between them, Salmon contributing 17 of those was always going to make things difficult. i thought we did quite well to get ourselves back in the contest only for a huge Kikau mistake and two big calls to take the game away from us.

He still wasted the good field position the refs gave them. He failed at his personal job. No getting around that.

franklin2323

Immortal
Even being generous to may it's hard to ask a guy to play 7 after years not playing in the halves.

Spencer is worrying me as well. He was completely invisible against the Tigers.

That is where it comes to Ivan. He isn't too blame for the errors like Crichton missing his run in the 1st half.

Burton has played very limited FG as it is. Let alone at half fullstop

May as you said hasn't played half. could of dropped him last week to play a game in NSW Cup before it. There were no set plays nothing it was a poor allround

franklin2323

Immortal
SOO is intense, just the whole week will be draining for him. He may well be required if he is 18th man, depending on how the game unfolds and regardless travelling back sometime Thursday, no captains run I just don’t think Ivan will play him.

I just kinda think maybe having some impact of the
bench in Leota maybe the way to go this week.

I doubt he gets on.

A few raw guys. Didn't take to a new role so if we start Leota/JFH then Spencer can do his thing off the bench

WestyLife

First Grade
That is where it comes to Ivan. He isn't too blame for the errors like Crichton missing his run in the 1st half.

Burton has played very limited FG as it is. Let alone at half fullstop

May as you said hasn't played half. could of dropped him last week to play a game in NSW Cup before it. There were no set plays nothing it was a poor allround

This is where a guy like Falls is actually better since he gets consistent minutes in the position. The only other option was as you said May in reserve grade for a few weeks.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think we picked the best 17 we had. Just had them in the wrong order and some guys played poorly

I don’t disagree it was arguably our strongest 17.

I certainly agree some of our players who we needed to step up, clearly didn’t Which was disappointing.

I haven’t watched a full replay, have no intention obviously but I have watched a few replays of the penalty try and I think it was a harsh call.

I think Jennings initial contact was with the ball which caused the ball to come free. The contact with the head thereafter was inconsequential therefore not responsible for the absence of the grounding of the ball. IMO the ball carrier lost possession of the ball as a result of Jennings contacting the ball in the first instance and thereafter any contact with the head should have resulted in a penalty, not a penalty try. It makes no difference to the outcome I just don’t believe Jennings contacted the head first, and not the reason the ball came free.

franklin2323

Immortal
This is where a guy like Falls is actually better since he gets consistent minutes in the position. The only other option was as you said May in reserve grade for a few weeks.

Falls is going well against part timers. He has yet to do an NRL pre-season at 24 that is the only concern

hindy111

Post Whore
Risking Nathan would be peak idiocy. Crazy talk

Play him for 40....Momorski on bench and you drop MAY. Burton moves to the halves....
Leota and Api will be back. Martin won't get much game time. That is 3. Id also play Nathan and only give him 40mins.
4 back should be enough to get the win.

hindy111

Post Whore
I don’t think Ivan will play any of the SOO players this Friday night and and that includes Api. i don’t know when the NSW team is scheduled to fly back, but obviously it will be Thursday sometime and probably not early as they will most likely have a recovery session up there.

Tyrone May have copped heaps on here and I’m not sure he deserves the weight of criticism that has come his way.

Personally, I would put Burton at 7, Salmon at 6 and May 13.

I doubt Spencer gets a start this week so he is back to the bench and start with JFH & Matt Eusinhuth up front. Spencer’s form is a bit of a worry, not sure what the problem is, but something is not right.

Agree. Spencer looks just average. But it is a long season.

Kilkenny

Coach
It’s just me I know but I’d gladly swap Momorovski for Naden.

Naden just offers so much more in attack, enthusiasm, under the high ball.

Momo is solid defensively but seriously that is it, if you need points then Brent offers more.

I know Brent is on the outer, leaving and all but he is simply a better player than Paul MomorovskI.

Ivan really needs to bite the bullet and bring Brent back this week.

Kilkenny

Coach
For mine I line up with,

Edwards
Jennings
Naden
Crichton
Staines
Salmon
Burton
May
Hopgood
Kikau
JFH
Kenny
Eusenhuth

Leota
Sorenson
Lenui
Smith.

18th man MomorovskI.

Team based on the assumption no players backing up from origin.

mxlegend99

Referee
My side barring Origin injuries:

1. Edwards
2. To'o
3. Crichton
4. Momirovski
5. Staines
6. Burton
7. Cleary / Luai
8. Leota
9. Koroisau
10. JFH
11. Martin
12. Capewell
13. May

14. Kenny
15. Leniu
16. Eisenhuth
17. Kikau

18. Naden

Yeo needs a rest. I expect Yeo to do a lot of work Wednesday. Depending on his minutes

Rest a half after Origin 1. Rest the other after Origin 3. They need a break each.

To'o i think will be fine to run 500+ metres between Wednesday and Friday. But if he's sore Friday give Rennibgs another run

Capewell will likely get a breezy game at centre and be fine to play solid minutes Friday against his former club.

Martin will probably barely get a run and might be able to go the full 80 even on Friday to burn off all that pent Up energy he doesnt get to unlease Wednesday.

We can rest guys at random after Origin series is done to manage their workloads. No need to do it all at once now.

Edit
Oh and Kikau is on bench for bitching it last week. That effort was poor from him

Last edited:

WestyLife

First Grade
For mine I line up with,

Edwards
Jennings
Naden
Crichton
Staines
Salmon
Burton
May
Hopgood
Kikau
JFH
Kenny
Eusenhuth

Leota
Sorenson
Lenui
Smith.

18th man MomorovskI.

Team based on the assumption no players backing up from origin.

Naden won't play again.

My side barring Origin injuries:

1. Edwards
2. To'o
3. Crichton
4. Momirovski
5. Staines
6. Burton
7. Cleary / Luai
8. Leota
9. Koroisau
10. JFH
11. Martin
12. Capewell
13. May

14. Kenny
15. Leniu
16. Eisenhuth
17. Kikau

18. Naden

Yeo needs a rest. I expect Yeo to do a lot of work Wednesday. Depending on his minutes

Rest a half after Origin 1. Rest the other after Origin 3. They need a break each.

To'o i think will be fine to run 500+ metres between Wednesday and Friday. But if he's sore Friday give Rennibgs another run

Capewell will likely get a breezy game at centre and be fine to play solid minutes Friday against his former club.

Martin will probably barely get a run and might be able to go the full 80 even on Friday to burn off all that pent Up energy he doesnt get to unlease Wednesday.

We can rest guys at random after Origin series is done to manage their workloads. No need to do it all at once now.

Edit
Oh and Kikau is on bench for bitching it last week. That effort was poor from him
Pretty much how it should happen though I'd rest as much as possible.

murraymob

Coach
Sad to say but with so many missing and Naden not getting a call up it’s hard to see him ever getting picked

Kilkenny

Coach
I am flabbergasted we expect our SOO players to play this Wednesday night, fly back from Townsville some time on Thursday and back up Friday night against the Sharks. We are talking about Townsville not Homebush.

Smug Panther

First Grade
I am flabbergasted we expect our SOO players to play this Wednesday night, fly back from Townsville some time on Thursday and back up Friday night against the Sharks. We are talking about Townsville not Homebush.
It's all very silly. Risking the world's best 7 in a nothing game, mind boggling