What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Sharks

WestyLife

First Grade
Step 1: rest everyone except Api unless he plays origin.

Step 2: keep building our depth experience.

Step 3: profit.

franklin2323

Immortal
Step 1: rest everyone except Api unless he plays origin.

Step 2: keep building our depth experience.

Step 3: profit.

The unknown here is the long flight the day after the game.

Just Api and Moses fixes 2 of the issues we had. Also extra training sessions we get smoother attack.

I see only Cleary and Martin backing up from Origin.

Cleary seems to follow the Freddy mindset by seeing it as a responsibility to back up. Given he has played Origin before the mental drain will be less.

Martin I don't see getting much gametime given the rest of the pack play long minutes at clubland.

To'o cramps up now during games. Not worth risking.

Capewell playing centre so gets full game.

Leaves this 17. Should do the job

Edwards
Staines
Crichton
Momo
Jennings
Burton
Cleary
Leota
Api
JFH
Kikau
Martin
Sorensen
May
Kenny
Leinu
Eisenhuth

If no one backs up. May/Kenny at lock. The other bench. Salmon half. Smith and Hopgood off the bench

WestyLife

First Grade
I think Step 3 will be "Lose" in that situation. Though it better not be because I f**king hate losing to the Sharks.

The unknown here is the long flight the day after the game.

Just Api and Moses fixes 2 of the issues we had. Also extra training sessions we get smoother attack.

I see only Cleary and Martin backing up from Origin.

Cleary seems to follow the Freddy mindset by seeing it as a responsibility to back up. Given he has played Origin before the mental drain will be less.

Martin I don't see getting much gametime given the rest of the pack play long minutes at clubland.

To'o cramps up now during games. Not worth risking.

Capewell playing centre so gets full game.

Leaves this 17. Should do the job

Edwards
Staines
Crichton
Momo
Jennings
Burton
Cleary
Leota
Api
JFH
Kikau
Martin
Sorensen
May
Kenny
Leinu
Eisenhuth

If no one backs up. May/Kenny at lock. The other bench. Salmon half. Smith and Hopgood off the bench

Short term pain for long term gain. We've got one of the best top 17 in the comp. Just gotta get the coaching staff and depth to be able to handle adversity better. Ivan is and never will be Bellamy/Robinson level of coach so need these lessons now. Tigers don't realise they get the short term gratification but we are stronger long term for this time of year.

franklin2323

Immortal
No way in the world should we risk Nathan or Yeo, probably Luai as well. Martin shouldn't play big minutes so he'll be good to go.
Now May was THAT bad that I'd probably play Api at 7 or just give Falls a crack.

How does the 21 go? Like if we name all SOO guys not sure we can play anyone new. Api and a few tweeks is all that is needed.

Api gives good service and vision from 9. Move Eisenhuth and Leinu back to bench and we have our prop rotation back.

That should give the halves space. Then shouldn't matter even if Salmon is 7 will go alot better.

franklin2323

Immortal
Short term pain for long term gain. We've got one of the best top 17 in the comp. Just gotta get the coaching staff and depth to be able to handle adversity better. Ivan is and never will be Bellamy/Robinson level of coach so need these lessons now. Tigers don't realise they get the short term gratification but we are stronger long term for this time of year.

It is the players too. Those sides have years of getting through this time of year we don't

pantherz9103

First Grade
If we rest too many players we are asking to get beaten, by a team we just totally flogged a few weeks ago.

I've been having flashbacks of how our season went downhill in 2018 due to origin disruption and that was with only Maloney, Cleary, RCG and Peachey out from memory. We're obviously in a better place this season but I don't like losing to shit teams just because of a rep fixture.

If someone asks me what do I prefer to see, NSW win a series or Penrith win a premiership, it's the Panthers all day long.

Smug Panther

First Grade
If we rest too many players we are asking to get beaten, by a team we just totally flogged a few weeks ago. We need to find the right balance of resting players but still having the team that can get the job done. Api and Nathan should be playing if we really care about keeping our spot at the top of the ladder.
Risking Nathan would be peak idiocy. Crazy talk

Fangs

Coach
Korisau is the only one who should be considered for selection.

Next Wednesday will be absolutely brutal as it always is. And they have to do it twice more. No sense in playing another game of football 2 days later.

Sharks will get us. They have too many off contract players who are pulling their weight. We could play Naden to get a dose of that enthusiasm but it won't be enough.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Next Wednesday will be absolutely brutal as it always is. And they have to do it twice more. No sense in playing another game of football 2 days later.

Sharks will get us. They have too many off contract players who are pulling their weight. We could play Naden to get a dose of that enthusiasm but it won't be enough.

I agree along with Leota back from the naughty chair.

I know this is a strange take. But I'd much prefer to see us lose a couple ettof round games rather than a G/F. Was the streak a noose aroun the collective head of the club ? I suppose we will never know.

I can recall Bennett and Belamy saying on occassi having a bank of wins already when origin comes around is a must.

With almost a days travelling involved. I'd be unwilling to risk Cleary, Bizza etc for Friday night. Yep we might lose again, but the experience gained on playing with a 2nd tiier squad will be invaluable into the furture.

GongPanther

Referee
Take it to the bank that Rothfield will come up with some bullshit news (according to his sources) on Penrith leading up to this match.

If NSW win, it'll be an easier task for most of the Panthers players to back up being that Yeo is the only forward.

But I'm sure Cleary will leave it up to the individual players in how they are faring. Historically, players have preferred to play their club games as soon as possible, so that is another consideration.

franklin2323

Immortal
We blew a few chances on Friday despite playing terrible.
Api will improve the side. Having front row rotation back too will help.
Burton, Edwards etc won't be that bad again. So even resting the Origin guys we will be better

roofromoz

First Grade
It's a 2 day turn around so ideally should be a similar team to v Tigers, with Api playing if he doesn't play Game 1. And no May at halfback, shift him back to 14 and give Falls a shot at it. He will surely be our back up half next year when Burton is at the Dogs.

roofromoz

First Grade
If we rest too many players we are asking to get beaten, by a team we just totally flogged a few weeks ago.

I've been having flashbacks of how our season went downhill in 2018 due to origin disruption and that was with only Maloney, Cleary, RCG and Peachey out from memory. We're obviously in a better place this season but I don't like losing to shit teams just because of a rep fixture.

If someone asks me what do I prefer to see, NSW win a series or Penrith win a premiership, it's the Panthers all day long.

Me too, but this is a good time to test out new combinations, players, etc.. in case we need it later this year. Barring an absolute fall away in form, we should still finish top 4 which is enough of a springboard in the finals, although top 2 would be beneficial with a home final week 1.

The Realist

Juniors
I want Martin back for this game. We need someone to put the fear of God into Moylan particularly because he is finding some decent form now.

Depending on workload I also wouldn't mind Cleary or Luai coming back in to add stability to the halves.

Latest posts