What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 14 Vs Sharks

snickers007

Juniors
I know people don't like him but that is where having a 14 like May comes in handy. You can play Capewell for shorter. If we are crusing can take Luai off and you don't need to mess with the forward rotations.

You'd think Martin would play didn't do much last night ( Not by choice )
If we can get Luai to play then look pretty good something like this:

Edwards
Staines
Mom
Crichton
Jennings
Luai
Burton
Leota
Api
JFH
Kikau
Martin
Sorensen

May
Eisenhuth
Tago
Leinu

Anything more is just a bonus really.

Gives us enough to run our normal structures and get Kikau and Crichton decent ball this week

I think this is my preferred team too.
No reason to rush Capewell back in, he'd be feeling pretty ordinary after last night. Let him lick his wounds, and fire up next week.

I'd almost prefer to see Hopgood replace Sorenson at Lock, who I thought was pretty poor last week. Hopgood showed he can play as a link man at first receiver, and needs some more minutes in first grade for us to truly judge what he's capable of. Sorenson is a known quantity.

We need to find a way to develop our fringe and backup players throughout the season, while still keeping the points ticking over on the ladder. I think this week is a good opportunity to do that.

We really need Kikau and Leniu to stand up this week though - and if they don't Cleary needs to be willing to put them on notice.

Whino

Bench
Rest To'o rest Yeo. Play one of Cleary or Luai so we don't have to put up with May in the halves.
Play Martin. Capewell depends on how he pulls up.

Whino

Bench
The No. 7 will not back up for the Panthers on Friday night’s clash against Cronulla. Halves partner Jarome Luai and winger Brian To’o also appear little chance of playing against the Sharks. To’o was on Thursday hobbling around the team hotel in Townsville with tight calves.

WestyLife

First Grade
The No. 7 will not back up for the Panthers on Friday night’s clash against Cronulla. Halves partner Jarome Luai and winger Brian To’o also appear little chance of playing against the Sharks. To’o was on Thursday hobbling around the team hotel in Townsville with tight calves.

I get resting the players, it's just going to suck watching TMay stink it up again :(

The forwards will have to be super dominant or just put Fish at 7.

The_Frog

First Grade
He didn't move Crichton after he had an inauspicious first game at fullback. It's not Ivan's way to shift people out that he has faith in. Doing that only ruins confidence and closes off options for the team. I'm happy to see May in the 7 again but if he has to do the lion's share of the defensive work again you'll see much what you saw last week.

Smug Panther

First Grade
He didn't move Crichton after he had an inauspicious first game at fullback. It's not Ivan's way to shift people out that he has faith in. Doing that only ruins confidence and closes off options for the team. I'm happy to see May in the 7 again but if he has to do the lion's share of the defensive work again you'll see much what you saw last week.
He's not a first grade 7 and no amount of cuddles from Ivan will change that

The_Frog

First Grade
He's not a first grade 7 and no amount of cuddles from Ivan will change that
Sounds just like Nathan's detractors in the lead up to last night.

Anyway you're the one who says we don't need to win this game, so why not play our utility as back up half again and let him gain confidence?

betcats

Referee
The simple answer to the may/burton pairing is to switch them and let burto play 7, May can just stay down that left corridor and feed kikau and Crichton.