What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 17th June 7:50pm @Suncorp Stadium

handyman2190

Bench
Im surprised sua isnt on the bench,i suggest negotiations are not going well, half the teams in the comp want him and i believe his price is unrealistic

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Im surprised sua isnt on the bench,i suggest negotiations are not going well, half the teams in the comp want him and i believe his price is unrealistic
You still crying about Sua? Man you just won't let it go huh?

The dude has done NOTHING to justify an upscale to his selection. He was crap leading into to SOO, that's why he got dropped. He was garbage in SOO I and I would be surprised if he is there in SOO II
Just because he stuck out his foot, the ball hit it, and it went into the in-goal area where he fell on it for a try, and you wanna have him now as a starter?

Get used to the idea he won't be in Red&Green next season, he doesn't deserve to be, and I could care less if he doesn't wear it again this season. AND we'll save a wheelbarrow load of money in the process

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Rabbitohs Team List for Round 15: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2021/06/15/rabbitohs-team-list-for-round-15/

A pretty interesting line up this week but in saying that, I'm happy with it! A great side named. Mostly as expected but there are a few surprises in there. The biggest one for me is Nicholls starting at prop, Arrow in the second row with Hosty on the bench. I guess Nicho isn't too much of a surprise, he's been killing it but I was still expecting to see Jai start there. I'm really not sure how I feel about him on an edge, I reckon he's a middle player and Host has been doing really well in that spot. In saying that, Arrow is a quality player and will do a job. It could prove to be a Wayne masterstroke. The other surprise is no Benji. Has he picked up an injury? Just being rested? Or has he been dropped? I honestly don't know. Happy to have Burnsy as the bench utility though.

So basically full strength with a pretty damn good side. Keen for Thursday!!
Yeah, I wanna see how Arrow goes on the edge. I believe he can do it, others said nah, no way. On his salary, bring it on and we'll see what he can do.

handyman2190

Bench

The dude has done NOTHING to justify an upscale to his selection. He was crap leading into to SOO, that's why he got dropped. He was garbage in SOO I and I would be surprised if he is there in SOO II
Just because he stuck out his foot, the ball hit it, and it went into the in-goal area where he fell on it for a try, and you wanna have him now as a starter?

Get used to the idea he won't be in Red&Green next season, he doesn't deserve to be, and I could care less if he doesn't wear it again this season. AND we'll save a wheelbarrow load of money in the process
Your probably right, i would be targetting liam martin, the penrith cap is said to be tight, id luv to have him

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Your probably right, i would be targetting liam martin, the penrith cap is said to be tight, id luv to have him
Thank you.
See its ok to let it go. The sky is not gonna fall in.
And one thing I've learned watching NRL over all these years, there is a very small pool of players who would be classed as "irreplaceable"
Remember we found one dude called Adam Reynolds on the back of losing someone who absolutely smashed the Roosters in a rnd 1 game where we scored 50.

handyman2190

Bench
Papalii would be a nice pickup. He had a very good game over the weekend.
Papalii only uses offers to increase raiders money offered,all his family are there he wont leave,we were sure last time we had him until it fell through, tapine i believe is sick of canberra id for sure go for him

Jim Rockford

Bench
Papalii only uses offers to increase raiders money offered,all his family are there he wont leave,we were sure last time we had him until it fell through, tapine i believe is sick of canberra id for sure go for him
OK, I just saw his last game and thought he played well. I would be just as happy if we got Tapine instead. edit: Are you referring to Josh Papali from the Raiders or Papalii from the Eels?

southsport

First Grade
You're thinking of the wrong Papalii, the young one that plays for parra is supposed to be off-contract at years end.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Yep he has been poor overall this year.

His defence has not been to standard that’s the biggest disappointment and his run metres are also down.

big hit!

Bench
Making more metres than the opposition is where our pack is better, the issue is we hand over the ball too easily and can't defend our errors. When we don't do that, we have proven a few times this year against high quality opponents we are no easy beats

That's what I said - they can run a ball, but that doesn't mean they've got the edge in the forwards. They're only consistent in one area of play.

They're worst in the League at everything else. Their transition to defence, transition to attack, and their defence - i.e., all those areas that aren't measured by individual run and post-contact metres - are generally shit which is why they're 2nd last.

That's why a bloke like Mark Nicholls makes the 17 at Souths every week. He's not going to give you flashy numbers, noticeable impact, and be talked about for Origin selection like Haas is, but Mark will give you QPTB, tie in at marker D, line speed, kick chase, etc. All those things coaches want, and nuffies on instagram don't notice when they constantly bleat about why he's in and why a plodder like Su'A is out.