What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - Dragons vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 10th June 3pm @Netstrata Jubilee Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
A new week brings with it preparation for a new Round, a new game, a new challenge. It's an exciting one this week as we get a very rare Saturday afternoon game against one of our biggest and most traditional rivals in the Dragons. Our rivalry with them is very rich as vast and it stretches back nearly 100 years. I know some people dispute that because of the merger, but that's the way I'll always see it. They're a traditional rival so it's always a big game against them. Both teams don't like each other, and it's been that way for many, many years. Looking forward to continuing it all this Saturday.

It's no secret that the Dragons are having an incredibly tough year. Sitting last on the ladder, they've sacked their coach, the playing group are apparently not happy and at the moment, they're kind of just in disarray. They have looked very very poor at times this year. However, somewhat ironically, they've found a little bit of form since they've sacked Griffin. A great win over the Roosters, and then they pushed Penrith all the way last night which to be honest, was a bit of a concern when you think about it in terms of our game this Round. I'm expecting them to continue that slight little purple patch this weekend and really stick it io us. When you're last on the ladder and floundering, every game is like a Grand Final and I expect them to be just as desperate on Saturday. They're down on their luck but they're a proud club and will be going hammer and tong to get themselves out of the position they're currently in.

For us, we must be ready for that and not go into this one thinking it's going to be an easy win. I think we've been a bit guilty of doing that the past three weeks and it's showed. We rectified it in the second half over the weekend so we need to carry that focus and form into this one. The moment you let the foot off the gas and think you're going to win easy, is the moment you suffer an embarrassing loss to the bottom of the table. So, we need to get this right. It's all about attitude this week. Of course, this is the kind of game we should be winning, but there are no guarantees in the NRL and we need to earn it. It's all about defence for this one. We've dropped our standards and enough is enough. We can't keep going on like we are. We need to go back to what we were doing the first 11 Rounds. If we can't find the defensive resolve this week, I'm concerned we may have fully lost it. That must be the focus this week. Our attack will be fine, that's not the issue, but I'd be aiming to keep the Dragons under 18 this week, hopefully even less. Anything else is not acceptable. The task is made a bit harder by the fact that we'll be missing a few. Certainly Cam, Jai and Tom, our three best forwards, but Latrell is no sure thing either. This week will be a case of everyone having to lift and just get the job done regardless of who's out there.

We can do this! Even with a depleted team, I expect a good week this week. Don't care how it happens, just get the win and get out of there so we can have a well-earned rest in Round 16. A must win game this one. We cannot drop this going into the bye so a very important game in our Season. Very much looking forward to it! Hurry up and get here Saturday!

Steenson123

Juniors
St George will be a tough contest [who aint at present??]. They have a rugged pack, some slick backs and have improved a lot under Carr. However, playing at Kogarah is a huge plus for us and St. George have already booked their post-season spot at Henson Park.
We have a terrible record at Wollongong and avoiding that dump is a huge plus.

southsport

First Grade
St George will be a tough contest [who aint at present??]. They have a rugged pack, some slick backs and have improved a lot under Carr. However, playing at Kogarah is a huge plus for us and St. George have already booked their post-season spot at Henson Park.
We have a terrible record at Wollongong and avoiding that dump is a huge plus.
Yes, interesting contest this week with the improved dragons up against the wounded rabbits.

callmack1

Staff member
Here's my predicted line up for Round 15 against the Dragons,

1. L.Mitchell
2. Johnston
3. Tass
4. Graham
5. Kennar
6. Walker
7. Ilias
8. Tatola
9. Cook
10. Sele
11. Koloamatangi
12. Host
13. Murray (C)

14. Cartwright
15. Chee Kam
16. Suluka-Fifita
17. S.Mitchell

This is what I think will be named but I don't think it's quite what we'll end up running out with.

I'm pretty confident they'll name both Trell and Cam and give them up until the captain's run to prove their fitness. Although, I think Cam in particular will most likely get rested if he's rated as a 50/50 right now. No point risking it. Likewise for Trell, although he's more of a chance then Cam. But Brent Read was on NRL 360 tonight saying he's heard Latrell might not play, so we'll see.

The starting side is pretty self-explanatory, as is the bench really with only Cartwright coming in.

I think this is what they'll name and then jig it from there if need be.

Going to be an interesting one tomorrow!

Steenson123

Juniors
7 of our last 10 contests are against the following:
1. St George x 2
2. Balmain
3. NQ
4. Canterbury
5. Easts
6. Newcastle.
Barring further injury or accident this should ensure two things. First, Sir Alex should move into the Silver Medal position, overtaking the tremendous warhorse William Slater. Second, the squad should be positioned in or close to the first two, particularly given the injury to Iron Man Cleary.
This is a highly favourable finish Schedule wise. No contest at present is easy but realistically, the squad is entitled to be at or near the top of the Classification.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs NRL squad for Round 15 against Dragons: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/rabbitohs-nrl-squad-for-round-15-against-dragons

Team list Tuesday!! Yewwww!!

Obviously, the big news coming out of this week's team is no Cam or Trell, they haven't even been named. Both huge blows for us, massive blows. Two of our best players, biggest leaders and biggest inspirations and they won't be out there. It certainly makes things a lot harder for this game and I actually now see this as a much closer contest then I would have seen it if those two were playing.

In saying that, I am kind of happy for them to get a rest. Trell obviously will now play Origin after two weeks rest, I'm content with that, good for him to have a break. Cam especially really needs the break; he's been looking tired for weeks now. So, while it's not good for this game, maybe it is best for them in the long run.

Taaffey played well last week so I'll back him to do the job again, and Shaq has been named at lock which I am pleased to see. He can certainly help fill the void Cam has left, especially with his passing game. Is this the first time he's started in his NRL career?

Aside from those two, the starting 13 remains the same which I am glad to see. It's a new look bench though with Jed and Liva both returning. I'm super excited for Liva in particular who makes his long awaited return after a big lay off. It wasn't the plan for him to play first grade this week, but obviously the injuries over the weekend changed that. Can't wait to see him play!

An interesting one this week and while I now think the game will be a lot closer, it will be a real contest, I'm hoping we'll have enough to get it done.

Hurry up Saturday!!

Hellray

Juniors
Can we please just build to the future and play Duncan over Cartwright!
you have Chee Cam on the bench that can slot into the centres if need be. Duncan is a much better prospect and actually looked dangerous in his debut.
Cartwright just is a liability and shouldn’t be seen in a grade if their are other options

callmack1

Staff member
Origin contender's injury scare - Early Mail: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/a670163c33f9e4c343f2c1620f085238

Far out, I read someone on another forum comment that Cody went off injured at training this morning JUST before I had to go back to work after lunch so have been freaking out all afternoon. VERY relieved to hear it is a slight quad strain and that he should be okay for this weekend. An injury to Cody would be a disaster.

In saying that, if he's slightly off, even 90%, don't play him this weekend against the Dragons.

We will see. Jeez, what a scare! Hope he's sweet.