What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - Dragons vs Rabbitohs: Saturday 10th June 3pm @Netstrata Jubilee Stadium

Hellray

Juniors
I don't mind it to be honest. It's going to be a tough fixture with the outs that we have. Let Duncan play reserves while the more experienced depth players that we have deal with a difficult afternoon.
I understand that but what faith do your really have in Cartwright to finish a game? The guy can’t stay on the field ever. Always limps off

Travitoh

First Grade
I understand that but what faith do your really have in Cartwright to finish a game? The guy can’t stay on the field ever. Always limps off
I'd prefer that Cartwright got bashed today than Duncan though. It's why Jed has a first grade contract.

I think we'll see Duncan become a regular next season after a big offseason in the gym. He's just a bit lightweight for a situation like we're in today imo.

Nafedogg

Juniors
Agree, add to that the late tackle count penalties, and poor ball handling. No one has stood in the absence of our missing players. At least we win the bye next week.

truthslayer

Juniors
PLAYERS I DONT WANT TO SEE IN FIRST GRADE AGAIN
RICHARD KEENAR
CARTRIGHT
DEAN HAWKINS
TAAFE
CHEEKAM
PLAYERS THAT NEED A BOMB UNDER THERE ASS ILLIAS, AND MOST OF THE FOREWARDS THAT PLAYED TONIGHT.

We shot ourselves in the foot. But tbh, those 3 tries in 3 minutes and going for a 4th to tie up game was fking fantastic fun to watch. Oh well, a well deserved bye now, then hopefully some troops back. I love the never say die. Locking it up would’ve been epic!! GGTSS.

Steenson123

Juniors
Bottom line is this: WE cannot achieve anything nada IF the regular starters continue to declare themselves unavailable. Where is Tom B? Holidays and rest? Mitchell? Walker?
The table is far too crowded, keep throwing games to "avoid taking risks" with all these players and guess what? By the time they declare themselves available again, the squad is in position 7 or 8... or worse!
The players also need reminding: you are dropping points to vastly inferior outfits thus undoing the great 8-3 start. That start will however soon become meaningless if you continue to sink. Demetriou needs to put the foot down. Force some of these starters to play if necessary because we have THREE BYES upcoming. These players have dominated Demetriou, put it over on him "oh give me more rest" and its going to bring collapse and failure. 1-3 in the last 4 highlights that the back-ups are not good enough in quality.
Thus far the players have got their way. "Oh rest me for...Dopey Brad... Brad needs me!". Or "I need some R&R Coach... I'm knackered". If Demetriou does not change his attitude and do what the squad needs its useless continuing. Play unless you are medically declared a risk or unfit.

Steenson123

Juniors
T
PLAYERS I DONT WANT TO SEE IN FIRST GRADE AGAIN
RICHARD KEENAR
CARTRIGHT
DEAN HAWKINS
TAAFE
CHEEKAM
PLAYERS THAT NEED A BOMB UNDER THERE ASS ILLIAS, AND MOST OF THE FOREWARDS THAT PLAYED
To be fair Taaffe has never been a FB. He was a 5/8 in juniors from what I know. He has skill and pace BUT he is NOT a FB. Never will be.
Hawkins should have been released seasons ago. Kennar Chee-Kam and Cartwright can fill in for a game or two then dump them. What has happened to big Thompson? And young Karapani? MIA??

handyman2190

Bench
Cant won the game with 42% posession, drop ball,penaltys, and stupid stupid plays tas had a horror, kennars dropsy though 1 wasnt his fault and ilias,left it to the last 4 min to come alive, carty should be let go,talis move up next year. Taafe was always being groomed as 5/8 he has been thrown in the deep end, he should of played 5/8 and AJ fullback

Steenson123

Juniors
Not The
A spirited last couple of minutes but too little too late after a poor second half. Bring on the bye.
Not The Bye! Demetriou needs to stamp his AUTHORITY over the players. Play unless you are medically unable. No more R&R, holidays or "oh we don't play him if its a risk". And no more "oh I'm having a test run for Brad on Monday". "Oh dear... Bradley needs moi and I love him too".
Stuff Brad and his SOO garbage. What about the club who pays you every month?? THEY need ALL OF YOU!! No more Holidays, no more Brad and no more distractions during season.
Train and play hard if you are not really injured...or leave!!

Steenson123

Juniors
Cant won the game with 42% posession, drop ball,penaltys, and stupid stupid plays tas had a horror, kennars dropsy though 1 wasnt his fault and ilias,left it to the last 4 min to come alive, carty should be let go,talis move up next year. Taafe was always being groomed as 5/8 he has been thrown in the deep end, he should of played 5/8 and AJ fullback
Taaffe CAN play. I believe he won the MVP at Jersey Flegg Cup level as a 5/8. He is just NOT a FB.
Tass may be another FB option.

Eric the great

Juniors
Well I’m proud of the effort that the side put in never say die I went to game not expecting to win only hoping they would with the players sitting in the stands to blame certain players for different things in that game is nonsense they had a red hot crack against a nearly full strength dragons they had a big crowd cause they knew we were under strength give them 20 start next game

callmack1

Staff member
Ughhh man, I've only just calmed down enough to post. So friggin disappointed with that performance, so disappointed. Fuming at the boys. Firstly, I know we were missing five of our best, I know we only lost by six in the end, I know the comeback and never say die attitude right at the end was amazing; However, I simply cannot be proud of that performance.

We didn't lose that on skill or talent, we didn't lose because the Dragons are better than us overall, we didn't lose because our depth is poor; We lost because they boys simply didn't want it enough. That's what it all comes down to for me. We lost the effort areas.

I can't be proud when probably about 70 minutes of the game was awful effort and desire in defence. That's where it all was, all defence. Weak as piss defence to be honest. The Dragons first try just sums it all up, that's probably our worst defensive effort of the Season in that play. Disgusting. There were other tries the Dragons scored to Liddle, Su'A and Molo that were also incredibly soft. No defensive steel shown by our boys in any of those plays. A shocking effort. On top of all that, I lost count of how many times the Dragons had a 60 meter-plus set. Disgraceful line speed, disgraceful first contact for much of the game right across the board.

Say what you like about our attack, but this game this arvo was lost on our effort areas in defence, simple as that. yea, we had five of our best missing and they would have made a real difference but having players missing doesn't stop you from putting in an effort and showing some desire. If anything, I thought the boys would be extremely fired up today because of those missing players but it was the complete opposite.

So disappointed in the boys, filthy at them. I cannot be proud of that game despite the missing players and the comeback. This is yet another game that we could have won but we were beaten between the ears. Very concerning.

I'm going to now officially declare that we're in a slump. Three losses in four weeks, all against sides lower than us on the ladder. All of them lost on effort areas in my opinion. It's extremely concerning. What the heck has happened to the side we saw in the first 11 weeks?! I can't believe what has happened.

Sorry to be harsh but I think some harsh truths have to be said after that. I am so angry, gutted and just downright disappointed tonight.