What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 - v Manly

kit66

Bench
This one of those mid season games where a win means shooting up the ladder (this time into the 8) or dropping a number of places. We get these every year, really important games where you get your hopes way up because you know we're a good chance of snatching a win only to be disappointed yet again - every year, every time. Well fk that, I'm not getting my hopes up, just take it as it comes.

Dragons 42 - 12

justadragon

Bench
This one of those mid season games where a win means shooting up the ladder (this time into the 8) or dropping a number of places. We get these every year, really important games where you get your hopes way up because you know we're a good chance of snatching a win only to be disappointed yet again - every year, every time. Well fk that, I'm not getting my hopes up, just take it as it comes.

Dragons 42 - 12
I think you are not alone Kit66, the last 14 years have conditioned us to feel that way.

Looking forward to this game more than I’ve looked forward to other games this season.

Very nervous regarding our position on the ladder

UNLIKE last couple of years thinking “How much will we lose by”

I now think’ We could lose, even badly, but bugger me, the coach has given me belief that we are a good shot.

MAKE US PROUD DRAGONS!!

It’s a bloody great feeling compared to 2023

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Dragons 42 - 12
You've just managed to get my hopes up now

Crush

Coach
As much as Ricky Stuart is a perpetual winger, he highlighted in his presser what is the problem with the 6 again rule. He mentioned the inconsistencies from one period of the game to another and for one team or another.
In the past officials could make a contentious call in fewer areas of the game, like a try scoring moment or a forward pass or an obstruction, etc. These were minimal moments in games. Now, the 6-again rule means the officials are making calls on every play the ball. It has taken the officials mainly being a critical spectator if the game/play to potentially influencing every play. In the past they were more of a babysitter, now the officials should almost come into calculation for a teams 3, 2, 1 points and MVP calculations. Some of them could now almost feature in the Dally Ms
What annoys me is the inconsistency from one game to the next. Today at 2pm they might decide to put the whistle in the pocket and let everything go, we will get an entertaining game of footy and may the best team win. Then at 4pm the ref may decide to blow the pee out of the whistle and put his mark on the outcome.
It’s ridiculous, players must struggle to comprehend how to manage one ref to the next.

BLM01

First Grade
What annoys me is the inconsistency from one game to the next. Today at 2pm they might decide to put the whistle in the pocket and let everything go, we will get an entertaining game of footy and may the best team win. Then at 4pm the ref may decide to blow the pee out of the whistle and put his mark on the outcome.
It’s ridiculous, players must struggle to comprehend how to manage one ref to the next.
Dragons have to be careful, it looks like the sin-bin-athon is back on again for high shots. We know what happened in the 1st magic round. Molo..Sua..look out

Last edited:

carltonsouth79

First Grade
As much as Ricky Stuart is a perpetual winger, he highlighted in his presser what is the problem with the 6 again rule. He mentioned the inconsistencies from one period of the game to another and for one team or another.
In the past officials could make a contentious call in fewer areas of the game, like a try scoring moment or a forward pass or an obstruction, etc. These were minimal moments in games. Now, the 6-again rule means the officials are making calls on every play the ball. It has taken the officials mainly being a critical spectator if the game/play to potentially influencing every play. In the past they were more of a babysitter, now the officials should almost come into calculation for a teams 3, 2, 1 points and MVP calculations. Some of them could now almost feature in the Dally Ms
Total agreement. The six again rule while promoted to speed up the game and make it more exciting has been distorted to become random and often inexplicable. The teams are left to the often seeming capricious moods of some referees and their application varies wildly. I’m not a fan of this change