What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 V Roosters

John Hamblin

Juniors
I think a lot of people on this site are being overally negative, Sure the last two weeks haven't been great but I am confident that we will be firing when the finals come around. Resting our origin players was clearly the right thing to do. I watched the Roosters yesterday and even when they were leading 30-4 I said to my mate we will beat them by 20 next week

DinkyDi

Juniors
I think a lot of people on this site are being overally negative, Sure the last two weeks haven't been great but I am confident that we will be firing when the finals come around. Resting our origin players was clearly the right thing to do. I watched the Roosters yesterday and even when they were leading 30-4 I said to my mate we will beat them by 20 next week
Also, the experiences that Martin, To'o, and Luai, have in playing origin, will help them for the rest of the panther games. Short term pain, for long term gain.

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
Big game. Hoping for a good close contest.

Get plenty of traffic at Walker. Our gameplan doesn't need to be too cute.

WestyLife

First Grade
I think top 17 we are too strong for most teams. Only issue is May isn't suited to 7 and a top coach should be able to recognise it. Kikau has also been down which plenty of people have said.

As far as this game I'm very keen to have everyone back.

I’m pleased to be back too!

A fine establishment I accidentally visited last night looking to hook up with the new “Megan & Harry” 1 cent poker machine. Goes off its head with five Archies and a bonus Oprah.

I think @murraymob was at the door because at first he wouldn’t let me in with dirty Ugg’s until I bribed him with a $50 bill.

C6FBEB4F-E634-40C2-96B5-6E9DDC02DCA7.jpeg
On a serious note, had a friends daughter who worked at Panthers. Really good place to work.

Mobsterini should get a job there, seeing he lives in the joint!

The_Frog

First Grade
I think top 17 we are too strong for most teams. Only issue is May isn't suited to 7 and a top coach should be able to recognise it. Kikau has also been down which plenty of people have said.

As far as this game I'm very keen to have everyone back.
I'm sure he does but I'm thinking Nathan will play so it won't be an issue.

The plan all year would have been to play Tyrone in the halves, and we only lost by a field goal after dominating the second half. Lets hope he isn't needed there again.

The Realist

Juniors
We don't win this game and we can kiss the Minor Premiership goodbye. In fact with the way that Melbourne is playing right now - I think 2nd is the best we can hope for UNLESS we beat them at their home.

pantherz9103

First Grade
If we don't get the minor premiership then I can live with it, especially if we win the GF! Our minor prem was mocked and belittled by the goons on this site last year anyway. We just need top 4, probably top 2 and to be peaking at the right time.

Pick a full strength side and we can beat the Roosters in front of big crowd at Penrith. As long as the confidence of the players who've played in the 2 losses hasn't been dented too much.

murraymob

First Grade
I’m pleased to be back too!

A fine establishment I accidentally visited last night looking to hook up with the new “Megan & Harry” 1 cent poker machine. Goes off its head with five Archies and a bonus Oprah.

I think @murraymob was at the door because at first he wouldn’t let me in with dirty Ugg’s until I bribed him with a $50 bill.

View attachment 49473
On a serious note, had a friends daughter who worked at Panthers. Really good place to work.

Mobsterini should get a job there, seeing he lives in the joint!
I would have accepted a 20 dollar note but since you offered 50 I will take it

Kilkenny

Coach
I agree wholeheartedly with your opening sentance.

In respect or your last sentence give me any win, I’ll be happy with the two points.

Obviously with everyone hopefully back one or two of Ivan’s selections could be interesting.

I assume he will revert to the Burton - Crichton in the centre’s.

Robert Jennings has been very good in his two appearances and it will be interesting to see whether he reverts back to NSW Cup or retains his spot in front of Staines.

May will no doubt be be the utility of the bench.

Sorenson’s spot could be in question, should be in question.

WestyLife

First Grade

In respect or your last sentence give me any win, I’ll be happy with the two points.

Obviously with everyone hopefully back one or two of Ivan’s selections could be interesting.

Robert Jennings has been very good in his two appearances and it will be interesting to see whether he reverts back to NSW Cup or retains his spot in front of Staines.

You yourself have expressed concern over our props to which the current "negative" people have argued isn't so bad. We are all positive and negative about different things in the club at different times. I don't think I've argued with anyone more than Franklin but he's one of my favourites here. His logic makes sense whether you agree or not. Shame Betcats has been silent while I'm thinking about it.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade

Jennings who doesn't jump for a high ball. No thanks.

Kilkenny

Coach
You yourself have expressed concern over our props to which the current "negative" people have argued isn't so bad. We are all positive and negative about different things in the club at different times. I don't think I've argued with anyone more than Franklin but he's one of my favourites here. His logic makes sense whether you agree or not. Shame Betcats has been silent while I'm thinking about it.
I stand by my opinions around us lacking a quality front row rotation in comparison to the Storm or Roosters.

Last season’s Tamou, JFH, Leota and Tetevano was better than our current rotation of JFH, Leota, ME and Lenui. Currently only JFH is delivering on a consistent basis and that is a concern going forward.

I haven’t posted too much this past two losses, because it has been really negative overall, and I don’t want to get caught up such a debate. I agree we have been somewhat exposed this past two losses and it is apparent there are a few areas of concern with our roster, not just involving the decision of Ivan to play May in the seven.

GongPanther

Referee
I know we are clearly a better side than Easts, then we have the SOO then V Parra blockbuster 5 days later in which will put us in a good state of mind to were we stand for the rest of the season.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Leota back for Sharks game. 31 tackles, 134 run meters, 55 post contact meters. Fish 19 tackles, 136 run meters, 41 post contact meters. (Fox match centre)

Kilkenny

Coach
Leota back for Sharks game. 31 tackles, 134 run meters, 55 post contact meters. Fish 19 tackles, 136 run meters, 41 post contact meters. (Fox match centre)
I’ve been one of Moses Leotas biggest supporters.

At the same time he still hasn’t made the step up from solid NRL front rower into one of the games leading front rowers and we need him to be a 200 run metres front rower. That the goal he has to reach for, for him personally and for us as a team.

WestyLife

First Grade
I stand by my opinions around us lacking a quality front row rotation in comparison to the Storm or Roosters.

Last season’s Tamou, JFH, Leota and Tetevano was better than our current rotation of JFH, Leota, ME and Lenui. Currently only JFH is delivering on a consistent basis and that is a concern going forward.

I haven’t posted too much this past two losses, because it has been really negative overall, and I don’t want to get caught up such a debate. I agree we have been somewhat exposed this past two losses and it is apparent there are a few areas of concern with our roster, not just involving the decision of Ivan to play May in the seven.

You agreed with the sentence saying people are being negative yet have the same standard of opinion for other players. As I said we are all doing the same thing here.

Kilkenny

Coach
You agreed with the sentence saying people are being negative yet have the same standard of opinion for other players. As I said we are all doing the same thing here.

There is a major difference, posting numerous times across pages and threads I’ve not involved myself in the drubbing you and others have involved yourselves in. I’ve stayed away from involving myself in the negative merry go round. Your choice, my recent comments are just around my overall concerns nothing to do with carving up our coach, Tyrone May and anyone else deemed worthy of criticism for our past two losses.

it was widely believed we had incredible depth, we do to a certain degree but we have been exposed in our last two losses. At no stage did I come in here and get involved in the negativity around our last two losses. I stayed away, sucked it up and didn’t get down in the gutter.