What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 15 vs Raiders

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
these pea heart overpriced shitkickers won't win another game all year, deserve the spoon tbh

We'll still win some games. But it won't be through team effort or coaches strategy. It will be on the back of a strong individual performance. You never know, Dufty might be out to impress his future club this weekend.

BLM01

First Grade
I agree. There is no resilience in this side. If it starts to get a bit hard, they give up. And the coach is starting to sound like he has no answers.
I am not so sure they gave up.
They look frustrated in attack and could not get hardly a 6 again call In the 2nd half where the Dogs got a few?
Dogs were at full strength and really up for the game
No excuses as we were down on that extra effort the Dogs showed and in attack could not create much at all
Poor day in the office yesterday as felt it was coming after the Broncos easy win.
I still see a team (well most) still trying.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I am not so sure they gave up.
They look frustrated in attack and could not get hardly a 6 again call In the 2nd half where the Dogs got a few?
Dogs were at full strength and really up for the game
No excuses as we were down on that extra effort the Dogs showed and in attack could not create much at all
Poor day in the office yesterday as felt it was coming after the Broncos easy win.
I still see a team (well most) still trying.

I really don't know what it was. The tries we let in were so soft it certainly looked like no-one was trying too hard. Six agains we were warned about many times but players were still holding down too long. Is that fatigue, laziness, stupidity or players not caring too much? Buggered if I know.

I accept that sometimes you get a game where no-one fires, and the whole side can look lethargic and directionless. With us it seems to be every second game.

BLM01

First Grade
I really don't know what it was. The tries we let in were so soft it certainly looked like no-one was trying too hard. Six agains we were warned about many times but players were still holding down too long. Is that fatigue, laziness, stupidity or players not caring too much? Buggered if I know.

I accept that sometimes you get a game where no-one fires, and the whole side can look lethargic and directionless. With us it seems to be every second game.
There is no doubt that certain individuals at certain times were poor in defence but that happens every NRL game
It’s funny when you talk about the 6 again’s just appeared to me in the second half that we couldn’t buy one when we were attacking in their half but they seem to get a lot more than us but that could be just bias talking there
But refs Definitely favour the team that has got more momentum as if it is all about for them speeding up the rock regardless of what the attacker does in the ruck.
Inside the 10.. well That is a lottery because nearly every play that is the case
Anyway Onwards and upwards from here I hope

getsmarty

Immortal
tl_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS
Breaking

Presented By TripADeal

NRL team announcement: Round 15 v Raiders​

Author Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au Timestamp Tue 15 Jun 2021, 03:57 PM

Share on social media​

St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has named his mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 15 clash against the Canberra Raiders at WIN Stadium, Wollongong on Saturday, June 19 (5:30pm).
Zac Lomax (thumb) has been named in the extended squad and is a chance of returning on the same afternoon where the Dragons will raise much needed funds for families in need as part of the i98FM Illawarra Convoy.

$3 from every ticket sold will be donated to the i98FM Illawarra Convoy, the largest truck convoy in the southern hemisphere, and one of the largest regional one-day fundraising events in Australia.
The Score Dragons will excitingly act as a curtain-raiser to the NRL as they take on Score Raiders from 4:45pm. The Knock On Effect Cup Dragons will precede them at 3:05pm.
The Dragons, alongside the NRL, will also take part in Beanies for Brain Cancer Round this weekend. You can buy a beanie here.

NRL squad for Round 15 v Canberra Raiders –​

1. Matt Dufty – sponsored by EFEX
2. Cody Ramsey– sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Brayden Wiliame– sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Gerard Beale – sponsored by Floormania
5. Mikaele Ravalawa – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Corey Norman – sponsored by Carinya Village – Jindabyne
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Gym Solutions
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by Fox and Jones
11. Tariq Sims – sponsored by Modus Projects
12. Jack Bird – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
13. Jackson Ford – sponsored by TLE Alexandria
Interchange:
14. Talatau Amone – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
15. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
16. Daniel Alvaro – sponsored by Manna from Heaven
17. Jack de Belin – sponsored by TripADeal
18. Adam Clune
19. Poasa Faamausili
20. Tyrell Sloan
21. Zac Lomax

getsmarty

Immortal
TEAM LISTS

Behind enemy lines: Round 15​

Author Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au Timestamp Tue 15 Jun 2021, 04:05 PM

Share on social media​

The Canberra Raiders have named their 21-man squad to play St George Illawarra on Saturday, June 19 at WIN Stadium, Wollongong (5:30pm).
The Raiders remain unchanged following their last start win over the Brisbane Broncos in Round 14.

Match: Dragons v Raiders​

Round 15 - Saturday 19th June

5:30pm

Dragons
Home Team

Dragons

Raiders
Away Team

Raiders

Venue: WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Team Lists​

Backs​

• Fullback for Dragons is number 1 Matthew Dufty

Fullback for Raiders is number 1 Bailey Simonsson
  • Winger for Dragons is number 2 Cody Ramsey

Winger for Raiders is number 2 Semi Valemei
  • Centre for Dragons is number 3 Brayden Wiliame

Centre for Raiders is number 3 Sebastian Kris
  • Centre for Dragons is number 4 Gerard Beale

Centre for Raiders is number 4 Matthew Timoko
  • Winger for Dragons is number 5 Mikaele Ravalawa

Winger for Raiders is number 5 Jordan Rapana
  • Five-Eighth for Dragons is number 6 Corey Norman

Five-Eighth for Raiders is number 6 Jack Wighton
  • Halfback for Dragons is number 7 Ben Hunt

Halfback for Raiders is number 7 Sam Williams

Forwards​

• Prop for Dragons is number 8 Blake Lawrie

Prop for Raiders is number 8 Josh Papalii
  • Hooker for Dragons is number 9 Andrew McCullough

Hooker for Raiders is number 9 Josh Hodgson
  • Prop for Dragons is number 10 Paul Vaughan

Prop for Raiders is number 10 Dunamis Lui
  • 2nd Row for Dragons is number 11 Tariq Sims

2nd Row for Raiders is number 11 Corey Harawira-Naera
  • 2nd Row for Dragons is number 12 Jack Bird

2nd Row for Raiders is number 12 Elliott Whitehead
  • Lock for Dragons is number 13 Jackson Ford

Lock for Raiders is number 13 Ryan Sutton

Interchange​

• Interchange for Dragons is number 14 Talatau Amone

Interchange for Raiders is number 14 Tom Starling
  • Interchange for Dragons is number 15 Josh Kerr

Interchange for Raiders is number 15 Emre Guler
  • Interchange for Dragons is number 16 Daniel Alvaro

Interchange for Raiders is number 16 Iosia Soliola
  • Interchange for Dragons is number 17 Jack De Belin

Interchange for Raiders is number 17 Joseph Tapine

Reserves​

• Reserve for Dragons is number 18 Adam Clune

Reserve for Raiders is number 18 Xavier Savage
  • Reserve for Dragons is number 19 Poasa Faamausili

Reserve for Raiders is number 19 Hudson Young
  • Reserve for Dragons is number 20 Tyrell Sloan

Reserve for Raiders is number 20 Matt Frawley
  • Reserve for Dragons is number 21 Zac Lomax

Reserve for Raiders is number 21 Ryan James

Dragons Ins​

• Adam Clune
  • Tyrell Sloan
  • Zac Lomax

Ins

Raiders Ins​

• Hudson Young
  • Matt Frawley
  • Ryan James
  • Xavier Savage

Dragons Outs​

Outs

Raiders Ins​

• Elijah Anderson

Match Officials​

• Referee: Chris Sutton
  • Touch Judge: Nick Beashel
  • Touch Judge: Jon Stone
  • Senior Review Official: Alan Shortall

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Basically same team named, which isn't surprising given we only played yesterday.

However, Lomax named, so I expect him to play in place of Beale. Redemption will be forced on the others this week at training I imagine.

Also, seeing Sloan's name listed in the 21 (straight back from injury) is a pointer to the future. He most probably wont be in the final 17 as he's also named at fullback in KOE Cup, but, the fact he's there is huge future forecast imo (could have easily put Matt F there for example).

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Basically same team named, which isn't surprising given we only played yesterday.

However, Lomax named, so I expect him to play in place of Beale. Redemption will be forced on the others this week at training I imagine.

Also, seeing Sloan's name listed in the 21 (straight back from injury) is a pointer to the future. He most probably wont be in the final 17 as he's also named at fullback in KOE Cup, but, the fact he's there is huge future forecast imo (could have easily put Matt F there for example).
I’m not totally sold on the Feagai boys. They look to be rock solid but neither look overly big or express pace from what I’ve seen. I hope I’m wrong and admittedly they haven’t had a lot of game time but from what I’ve seen they look more Tim Lafai than Greg Inglis.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Hook is better than what we had for 7 years .... I know he is rebuilding the team but gee no more ex players that he has coached ....
They are all just stop gaps, he knows we won’t challenge long term until we get a group of young guys that have been playing together for years and say won a GF together to all hit early 20s with some good buys in the gaps. The old guys are just helping mentor the young guys.

Latest posts