What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 Vs Manly

tripster

Juniors
Maloney will play in game 3 unless he's injured. NSW would not have won the series without him. One quiet game at club level won't get him dropped. Suspect he'll be rested against the Sharks though.

Don’t get me wrong, I agree that NSW would not have won without him and that he was the right choice. But he isn’t gong to be around for much longer, and if NSW is thinking ahead to the future, what better time to debut Keary than a dead rubber without anywhere near as much pressure on his shoulders. It’ll also force Nathan to step up and steer the side.

mxlegend99

Referee
To be honest it won't surprise to see Tamou sit down for a week courtesy of the MRP.
One week would be getting off pretty light.

Making 2 attempts to drop your knee into the face of a guy just returning from a fractured cheekbone is a pretty low act. I've never considered Tamou to be a grub. That was some vintage Greg Bird or Paul Gallen shit.

OldPanther

Coach
Don’t get me wrong, I agree that NSW would not have won without him and that he was the right choice. But he isn’t gong to be around for much longer, and if NSW is thinking ahead to the future, what better time to debut Keary than a dead rubber without anywhere near as much pressure on his shoulders. It’ll also force Nathan to step up and steer the side.

It's a good idea.

mxlegend99

Referee
Filter said that Keary was next in line this year, and Keary was brought into the squad ahead of Game 2 when there was doubts over Maloney’s fitness.
Keary has been pretty good this year. But I dont understand hos people are ok with a guy born in Queensland who grew up supporting them and wanting to play for them being in the Blues team.

They try comparing it to Inglis snd Folau. But the fifference u
Is those guys chose and wanted to play for QLD. Keary is only willing to represent the Blues because he can't represent QLD.

martielang

Bench
It’s all good & well asking for changes in our backline but it needs to be within our top 30. As far as I know Ratu or Sivo aren’t in our 30, so they’re out of the question.

Not sure we can do too much with our squad next week given who is out, especially with Tamou & Kikau likely out as well. Lui Toso is out as well. Maybe we can bring up a Martin or Talakai? Not sure why Hetherington is being dropped by some, I thought he was good again yesterday. I might be biased because he is a favourite of mine though.

Backs against the wall next week but maybe with expectation being off is & a few changes we might be able to unleash a little more.

Yesterday was pure shit but sooner or later the injuries were going to catch up to us. We’ve lost momentum & are now probably playing the way a team should be with the injuries & unavailability we’ve had. It probably highlights how much we were overachieving for the first half of the year.

TheFrog

Coach
One week would be getting off pretty light.
Curtis Scott only got 2 weeks for his effort.

Making 2 attempts to drop your knee into the face of a guy

I only saw the one in the 24th minute and it wasn't quite like this. The knee was placed on the head and then weight applied. Not very nice but not "dropping the knee" either. You'd break bones if you did that.

He might not even get charged. We have to wait and see.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
But he isn’t gong to be around for much longer, and if NSW is thinking ahead to the future, what better time to debut Keary than a dead rubber
This isn't how it has ever worked in the past. You don't reward your team for winning the series by dropping them. It would help us but it won't happen. Keary has to wait his turn like everyone else.

OldPanther

Coach
Keary has been pretty good this year. But I dont understand hos people are ok with a guy born in Queensland who grew up supporting them and wanting to play for them being in the Blues team.

They try comparing it to Inglis snd Folau. But the fifference u
Is those guys chose and wanted to play for QLD. Keary is only willing to represent the Blues because he can't represent QLD.

This x100

Filter said that Keary was next in line this year, and Keary was brought into the squad ahead of Game 2 when there was doubts over Maloney’s fitness.
Freddy also had that bum Mitchell Moses picked for NSW before the year started. Some here don't like Moylan for how he finished up here and that's fair enough but he is a FAR better player than Keary

Freddy also had that bum Mitchell Moses picked for NSW before the year started. Some here don't like Moylan for how he finished up here and that's fair enough but he is a FAR better player than Keary
Matt Moylan is a petulant spoilt brat. I am sure there are better options than him.

Fangs

Coach
If you are Fittler and you are thinking ahead to next year, with the series wrapped up surely you'd entertain picking Keary and leaving Maloney out? Maloney won't be the long term option at 5/8 given his age, and is looking absolutely buggered.

You can't leave out the best half in the comp.

God he's a Penrith fan. That's a very harsh headline. Can tell he's working for the Tele. I understood why Cleary did it - it is a split decision thing and DCE may have scored if he didn't. He'll learn from it regardless but chances are we lose that game anyway the way we were playing.

unKwn

Juniors
I thank Allah that my ticket was free.

That was perhaps the worst game of football I've watched live. The lack of intensity from both sides totally killed it for the crowd. 12,700 at the ground and you hear the dandruff fall from your hair onto your shoulders.
whenever the crowd did the chants the drummers weren't bothered to drum. says a lot

mxlegend99

Referee
God he's a Penrith fan. That's a very harsh headline. Can tell he's working for the Tele. I understood why Cleary did it - it is a split decision thing and DCE may have scored if he didn't. He'll learn from it regardless but chances are we lose that game anyway the way we were playing.
We were losing no matter what. If cleary wasn't binned then Crichton would have been anyway.

Edit
Lol. Wrong player

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
whenever the crowd did the chants the drummers weren't bothered to drum. says a lot

The most vocal contingent of fans were the manly mob on the lower western grandstand. They were wooing all game.

Last edited: