What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs. Rabbitohs Discussion + Voting

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
We don't lose much with those changes, I suppose. If Parker hadn't come back into the side, I would be a little more worried about our go-forward (without Hannant).

Bretto

Bench
Thaiday is a huge plus coming back into the team. He's one of those guys you don't really notice gone, but he's the team captain, and he really adds that mongrel we need up the middle, and him and Parker add a heap of defensive starch.

Snappy

Coach
This is a huge game for Dave Taylor in terms of his rep career IMO. The pressure is on for him for have a good game, cause if he has a shocker and Parker plays well I think Big Dave will lose is Origin spot.

So how will he handle that pressure ? Could go either way really and he may have a blinder, or he could crumble and make unforced errors and bonehead decisions.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Yeah big Dave can go either way so we have to be on his case and try and keep Inglis quiet as well. Lottsa high bombs on their try line with chasers steaming thru have seen the big Greg come unstuck when he gets a couple wrong. Indecision is what we want to cram down their throats so that equates to sustained in their face pressure.

Our pack looks pretty solid but really hope Norman can get his act together and gets some continuity happening?
Here's hoping for a big win for the boys!

JamesBrandy

Juniors
Well done Broncos! Thaiday had a great game with a bung shoulder.

Is it just me or does everybody else cringe everytime Hoffman gets tackled. He always looks like he is whincing in pain.

3. Thaiday
2. McGuire
1. Wallace

Norman had a great game too.

Jeez, Copley has turned a corner. A few months ago he would have bombed that try he scored. He's making awesome metres as well.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I'm happy with the win, but I stand by my opinion that our attack still needs a lot of work. The only reason we put 26 points on is because the Rabbits were exhausted. Hopefully when Hannant returns our original energy will begin to shine through again.

3.Hoffman
2.Hodges
1.Wallace

broncos70

Juniors
3 mcguire
2 parker
1 hodges

disgraceful attack. Norman pisses me off. Playing hopeless. Macca only knows how to throw a dummy. Ben Hunt is wasted off the bench. Put the bloke in the halves and we'll have a fast, creative and smart half. Wallace is solid, and norman is on and off. We won't threaten anybody during finals time. I thought our best game of the year was against Manly and we've been disgusting since then. I couldnt cheer for our tries because we're playing that bad. Just lucky other teams are playing garbage footy as well

Big Pete

Referee
I just hope Copley goes on with it. I remember similar praises being sung last year only for him to turn in some very ordinary performances. As it stands, he & Beale are doing a good job of getting our sets off to a great start. Generally make about 10m+ & get a quick play the ball which gives us a great roll on until either McCullough, Wallace, Norman or Hodges stuff it up.

Not our best performance, but we always looked on top & showed some great confidence. Spine still needs to gel and we need better formation in attack so we can have bodies in motion but we definitely have the basis of a great side here & that's what commentators like Gould & Matty Johns recognise in us.

3. Corey Parker
2. Josh McGuire
1. Justin Hodges

Last edited:

00digger00

Juniors
McGuire 3 Boy has this kid got a big future
Parker 2 Got through a mountain of work tonight (should have had him as cap in dream team)
Hodges 1 Had some really good runs tonight and put his hand up when we needed him.

Wasn't impressed at all in the first half. Attack was flat and we were getting picked off like flys when we were attacking from 20 out. We need to set up deeper and have Glenn and Hoffman as decoys or options on that play and get the ball to Reed and Copley on the fly.
Macca is band from those little grubbers from 5 meters out. They just don't work mate. He is also too upright when he goes to for the scoot across the line. Get down low and go go go!!
I loved that play in the second half were Wallace throws a face ball and a bum ball all at once. I can't remember seeing that one before but that play has got oodles of potential.
I'm happy with the way we are going at the moment, but people are right on here when they say we will need to find another gear in attack. Wait till after origin and I'm sure it will come. There not big fixes we need, just tweaking.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
3 mcguire
2 parker
1 hodges

disgraceful attack. Norman pisses me off. Playing hopeless. Macca only knows how to throw a dummy. Ben Hunt is wasted off the bench. Put the bloke in the halves and we'll have a fast, creative and smart half. Wallace is solid, and norman is on and off. We won't threaten anybody during finals time. I thought our best game of the year was against Manly and we've been disgusting since then. I couldnt cheer for our tries because we're playing that bad. Just lucky other teams are playing garbage footy as well

your location explains a lot

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
3 - McGuire - The Big Show is living up to his name this year, another Man of the Match Performance for the big fella, gets through a mountain of work each game plenty of hit-ups and lots of tackles, just hope he keeps it up for the rest of the season.

2 - Hoffman - Great courage from him tonight to take the ball when he knew he was going to get smashed, his support play was much better last night than in recent weeks, he still needs to work on his timing and positioning in attack especially those second man moves he seems to get confused about which hole he is running for and ends up running straight at a defender or running to close to the sideline and not giving the outside men room to move. This will be fixed post origin though i believe.

1 - Parker - Typical performance from Corey and great courage to play only 10 days after that leg gash.

I was impressed by Gillett last night thought he was much improved on previous weeks, mainly because he didn't stop before the line and try to step his way through like he has been, he ran the ball strong which was a really good sign. Reed i also though was getting back to his usual self, looked more dangerous in attack and showed some good signs of his strong defense.

I was not impressed with Teo last night though he cost us a try the McQueen one by racing out of the line and leaving a massive hole, he seems to go for the big play all the time even when it isn't on. His attitude is irritating me.

Solid performance, basically the Broncos dominated all the territory and possession and it showed in the end they just wore the Rabbits down and with a few lucky calls from the refs they eventually managed to get complete control.

Latest posts