What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 - v Dolphins

st.phil

Bench
With Suli's injury being a hammy, presumed he would be out for a few more weeks? Hope I'm wrong. Max F has been really consistent and unlike Bird, makes minimal mistakes. Was hoping to see Bird into the 14 jumper.

Think this will be a very tough one - Phins have speed and smarts, we're down on both of those attributes.

dungay dragon

Juniors
With Suli's injury being a hammy, presumed he would be out for a few more weeks? Hope I'm wrong. Max F has been really consistent and unlike Bird, makes minimal mistakes. Was hoping to see Bird into the 14 jumper.

Think this will be a very tough one - Phins have speed and smarts, we're down on both of those attributes.
Bird will be centres before MF..Feagai still a turnstile in defence..
Bird slower but can plug the gaps

I was quietly confident against the Phins as, even though all close games, they have lost 3 from last four games.

Then I saw this today

Why does the media poke Bennet just before our bloody game.

Think Bennett won't get them up for this one?

Farrrrrrrrrk!

BLM01

First Grade
I was quietly confident against the Phins as, even though all close games, they have lost 3 from last four games.

Then I saw this today

Farrrrrrrrrk!
This is a rehash of a similar article in 2011 when he was going to Newcastle
Dolphins are new and are media darls ATM
Great story if they finish Top 4 or just even the 8
It will justify further that new teams snd expansion is successful
Apart from all my rant they are playing better than we are fact
We will have to play well to beat them fact

Inisai Toga

Juniors

Then I saw this today

Farrrrrrrrrk!
Yeh fair call, but who cares! Bennett’s got them up for every game anyway, that’s why they are going so well! If we’ve ‘turned the corner’, so to speak, we've got to give a real good account of ourselves this weekend.

st.phil

Bench
The stats say he didn't miss a tackle but replays show they just ran around him and on occasion straight past him - he is still guilty of getting it horribly wrong in defence. His brother isn't much better but at least is in the right place most of the time.
diff read from me - Mat missed some shockers on the left, all the breaks on the right were Sua / Hunt channel, Max was solid IMO

Slippery Morris

First Grade
WIth the results over the weekend how costly was the Manly loss. They should not have lost that and if they did would be 6th spot. It's 2 steps forward, 1 back with these guys. Just when you think they turn a corner and give us hope, bang, a reminder that they are a below average side.

I am not confident at all this weekend. I am getting Cowboys vibes where Saints played them on an afternoon at Kogarah and started well only to get belted. A lot rides on the ref and lineup. Bird will return for sure which will drop some speed in the backline. He should be on the bench for cover but that simply won't happen. I hope they put a back on the bench because if one goes down the Dolphins will score plenty running past Eisenhuth.

Dolphins are not 4th for no reason. They are a very good side and can punish teams if they don't turn up.

It's a big test for Saints and one that may surprise us. C'mon Saints, you can do it.

2010Dragons

Bench
Let’s just follow the pattern…
Play a good game and win.
Play a bad game and lose.
Well at least they are consistent with the good game bad game pattern
They were switched off in the Manly.
I think they will be switched on and will win on Sunday convincingly.
Dragons 12+
Put your house on it !!
I’ll be there with bells on…..can’t wait. I’ve got a hard on already.

Kolum Kid

Juniors
Bird and Suli back I think. Sele a couple more weeks out I believe
Iool
Bird and Suli back I think. Sele a couple more weeks out I believe

Let’s just follow the pattern…
Play a good game and win.
Play a bad game and lose.
Well at least they are consistent with the good game bad game pattern
They were switched off in the Manly.
I think they will be switched on and will win on Sunday convincingly.
Dragons 12+
Put your house on it !!
I’ll be there with bells on…..can’t wait. I’ve got a hard on already.
Ì88⁸⁸587b

Harry Bath

Juniors
This week's results have gone in the Dragons favor to maintain 9th spot on the ladder, now it's up to the Dragons to do something or we will be swallowed up fairly quickly and find ourselves not too far from the bottom. Its time to man up Dragons !!!
Yes but teams at the bottom keep winning unless dragons can cause some pretty major upsets in the last 10 games Flanagan's boast that we wont come last will be on thin ice.

Dragon David

First Grade
I'm not loving that we are only 3 wins in front of the spoon teams now, and a bugger of a draw incoming.. another win or 2 would be amazing.. Tigers have a tough draw coming also.
Yes it is getting a bit scary that we are just that many wins in front of the Eels, Tigers and Titans and the Bunnies are even closer (2 wins away). We lose against the Dolphins on Sunday and with the Titans and Bunnies having their 3rd byes in Round 17, they will be even closer like we will remain on 18 points and the Titans move up to 14 points and Bunnies up to 16 points. I know we have the 3rd bye in Round 20 but as of this weekend a loss to the Dolphins would mean that we would be only 2 wins from the Titans and 1 win from the Bunnies. The Sea Eagles have their 2nd bye this weekend and they will leap frog us to be on 19 points if we lose.

So it is a must win for us on Sunday to keep us at bay from those "spoon" teams.