What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs. Melbourne Storm Discussion + Voting

Kiwi

First Grade
I can understand why Tasi isn't in this weeks side, he hasn't even trained with the side yet, hopefully after this weekend that will change though. He needs to go out for the Jets this weekend and kill a few opposition players.

Bretto

Bench
I have a funny feeling about this game. It feels like we're warming to something... Something tells me Melbourne might be on the end of a Brisbane special this week.

some11

Referee
Brisbane special

Bris·bane-spe·cial [briz-buhn-spesh-uhl]
noun

1. Scott Prince intercept pass

AceAv

Juniors
lol be funnier if it didnt sting so bad Some1

I get the feeling we can take storm during their slump period too. No Widdop, but the big 3 are back and will completely punish us if we can't keep up with them. Need a game just like last week, but to make better decisions on attack. I think we wasted a couple too many and were a bee's dick close to try#4 with Hoff's fwd pass and Gillo's pull up

Jason Simmons

Juniors
15 missed tackles in the first half. (Slight surprise. I was expecting 20).

Thaiday got out sped at marker in the first few minutes by Smith...

Maranta is a speed demon (lol, not. He couldn't even leave Hodges in his wake, let alone run away from any defenders, but he does possess a remarkable ability to run away from his support men though!)

Gillett can't carry a ball securely.

Business as usual...

Bretto

Bench
Lachlan Maranta is the worst finisher in Rugby League. He should have 3 tries. Don't ever pick him again. Every time he gets the ball near the line, with no defenders in sight, you just know that he's gonna get swamped by 56 defenders and he won't score the try, or he'll find some way to bomb it.

Prince and Wallace have been pretty bad too...

renouf

Juniors
this gets so boring and predictable, every year.. go down to Melbourne, get flogged, next year, same thing.

Jason Simmons

Juniors
LoL, in addition to Maranta's astonishing ability to run straight back to where all the defenders are even when he is put into open space, he has now shown an amazing ability to hold himself up over the line!

Unbelievable. How did this bloke get into NRL again? The surname?

Bretto

Bench
You know Yoh Yeh would have scored all those tries. He'd have 4 by now. Come back to us Jharallll...

Maranta is surely the most impotent attacking winger in the NRL. He just has a knack for blowing every opportunity (granted the one that went upstairs should've been given).

I recall a Courier Mail article earlier this season where Maranta was saying he wanted an opportunity in open space to show fans how fast he is. Apparently captain of the Gregory Terrace Track and Field team and a champion hurdler.

Dazzat

First Grade
Most of Melbourne's tries and most of our no tries courtesy of Maranta. If he's chosen again this year we know there's serious crap going down at the club.

Kaiden

Juniors
Lachlan Maranta, you have bombed 5 tries, five FU**ING tries. Please Griffin, DON'T ever pick him again! Yow Yeh on 1 leg last year is better than him!

Ghoulies

Bench
Hodges was pretty terrible actually, but okay.

Our forwards were good for about 50 minutes, but after all the disappointment from bombed tries, they just went to pieces along with our halves and outside backs.