What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs Tigers

chrisD

Coach
Stick Soward on the right as that's the only side that runs set backline plays anyway and Peachey on the left. Only issue is long kicking, Segs is pretty average but I'd like to see how big a boot Moylan has.

franklin2323

Immortal
Stick Soward on the right as that's the only side that runs set backline plays anyway and Peachey on the left. Only issue is long kicking, Segs is pretty average but I'd like to see how big a boot Moylan has.

Soward does long kicks and close to the line. Middle of the range kicks Seg, Moylan even Whare has a decent kick can handle.

At training get Humble etc involved in the moves incase we need to use them if the Peachey in the halves doesn't work

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm not a huge Matt Moylan fan, but how could anybody suggest we drop him after yesterdays performance? One pass in the in-goal doesn't undo all the other great things he did. He even nearly stopped Austin after Cartwright did a powder puff tackle.
I think Moylan is like Simmons, you only realise how much he adds to the team when he is not there. I think our back line moves will be very average without his ball playing.

Aside the Simmons part I agree no winger is a must pick 2/3 without Simmons in the side. Every time we spread it he's involved. He's only played 30 odd games so the odd brain explosion is going to happen

betcats

Referee
Moylan was mostly brilliant yesterday id love to see him in 6 next week, Peachey is a good option aswell not sure if Cleary will go with them though.

Big Mick

Referee
Cleary is pretty risk averse

I think it'll be:

1. Moylan
6. Peachey
7. Soward

With Plum coming back into the team on the bench.

So maintain pretty much the same 18 players of the last few weeks.

mxlegend99

Referee
That's also our best option with John gone. Humble and Capewell aren't first grade quality. Peachey as a ball running 5/8 could add another dimension to our attack imo.

franklin2323

Immortal
Moylan was mostly brilliant yesterday id love to see him in 6 next week, Peachey is a good option aswell not sure if Cleary will go with them though.

I think Moylan will train in the 6 as will a fewe other options. DWZ is back so can go fullback. Short term (Next 2 weeks or so) it has to be Peachey as to keep some sort of structure in attack

franklin2323

Immortal
That's also our best option with John gone. Humble and Capewell aren't first grade quality. Peachey as a ball running 5/8 could add another dimension to our attack imo.

Wouldn't say not 1st grade quality they have won 10 straight in NSW Cup. Though these players didn't play and I would pick before them.

DWZ
Simmons
Yeo
Plum
Grant
Robinson
BMM (Though injured now)

All are infront of them even Will Smith would be before them

So I would rather a reshuffle then use the NSW Cup halves

franklin2323

Immortal
Cleary is pretty risk averse

I think it'll be:

1. Moylan
6. Peachey
7. Soward

With Plum coming back into the team on the bench.

So maintain pretty much the same 18 players of the last few weeks.

Yeo the 18th? If so I agree.

As I am bias as he shits gold. Thoughts on Whare moving to 6 as a plan B?

The test he did a bit of ball playing when Harris was on. Did a few kicks this year decent passing game. Leaves Yeo in the centres

Dufmack

Juniors
Mansour doesn't have the pace or the skill and being fullback would likely limit his runs coming out of our half. Moylan's touches yesterday were key to most of our tries and I don't think Clearly will trust putting DWZ who hasn't played fullback regularly for some time in a team which relies on the fullbacks ball playing greatly. Add to the mix he hasn't played in a few weeks and yeah the chances of Dallin playing are slim.

Don't think he will even be able to take the wing spot of Kev for now anyway, I trust clearly to make the right calls here based on what goes down at training.

Last edited:

Fibroman

First Grade
I can't believe nobody has suggested Elijah Taylor at #6. He has fantastic ball skills and very tough. He's in the mould of a Greg Bird.

I can't believe people can even suggest dropping Docker out of the starting 13, let alone 17. The bloke is the best hitter in the NRL. Don't look at his stats, use your eyes and look at the quality of what he does. Most of the tackles he makes, he is the main tackler that stops the progress of the ball runner. He has good footwork just before the line, and quite often gets over the advantage line giving us momentum.

Leave Moylan at fullback in defence and get him to play at 6 in attack and doesn't really matter who drops back to the 1 in attack.

maple_69

Bench
Cleary has had a look at Peachey at 5/8 for around 120 mins of first grade and he trained in the halves last week. That's obviously his preferred back up. I also think he'll potentially add another dimension to our attack. Soward and Seg just need to step up and take control of the side to cover Wallace.

Id just love to see DWZ come in with Moylan shifting. That would take our back line pretty close to what we could be seeing in the coming years when we are seriously in business. Add Cartwright on the bench and Peachey at lock and the side wouldn't be far off the complete puzzle. It won't happen but it would be cool to see.

Moylan, Mansour, Whare, Idris, Naiqama, Peachey, Soward, Kite, Segeyaro, Plum, Taylor, Manu, Docker, Brown, Cartwright, Latimore, Mckendry

Mckendry needs to give himself an uppercut. Kite as well but from what I've read, Cleary is really supportive of what he brings in a leadership capacity on field but what the hell does Mckendry do?

Pomoz

Bench
Cleary has had a look at Peachey at 5/8 for around 120 mins of first grade and he trained in the halves last week. That's obviously his preferred back up. I also think he'll potentially add another dimension to our attack. Soward and Seg just need to step up and take control of the side to cover Wallace.

Id just love to see DWZ come in with Moylan shifting. That would take our back line pretty close to what we could be seeing in the coming years when we are seriously in business. Add Cartwright on the bench and Peachey at lock and the side wouldn't be far off the complete puzzle. It won't happen but it would be cool to see.

Moylan, Mansour, Whare, Idris, Naiqama, Peachey, Soward, Kite, Segeyaro, Plum, Taylor, Manu, Docker, Brown, Cartwright, Latimore, Mckendry

Mckendry needs to give himself an uppercut. Kite as well but from what I've read, Cleary is really supportive of what he brings in a leadership capacity on field but what the hell does Mckendry do?
I agree Sam is having a poor season. He had a poor season last year as well. If we re-sign him, it has to be for greatly reduced dollars or we need to let him go.

maple_69

Bench
I just can't agree on Docker fibro. I think he has shown plenty in first grade but he really needs a stint in reggies to work on some things.
He misses as many tackles as he puts on big hits. He makes around 20 a game which is bog average and he makes 1/2 solid runs a game and the rest are poor. The stats back it up but my eyes think he is ineffective.
He's not letting anyone down but you look at the quality we have in NSW Cup and I just think we could bring in someone who will contribute more at the moment.

Latest posts