What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs Tigers

Nealo 12

First Grade
Just re-watching the game on fox can't really see how Anasta hurt himself . Seems to be after the run in with the ref but he didn't get involved in the next play other then waving his arms around at his own players !

TheFrog

Coach
How about Soward to half Peachey to 5/8. Or do we bring in Capewell to half?

I think Capewell is the most likely, an alternative is to play Moylan at 6 or 7 and bring in DWZ at 1, retaining Naiqama, who again played well. We will know soon enough.

soc123_au

Staff member
1. DWZ
6. Moylan
7. Soward
9. Seg
13. Peachey

This is what I would like to see next week.

mxlegend99

Referee
It's a disgrace if either (humble/Capewell) comes into the team.

6. Peachey
7. Soward

Only other worthwhile move is Moylan, with DWZ at fullback.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Even though the Tigers were under strength it was still a good win considering we lost Wallace in the first half. The Sharks/Roosters game last showed if a team just goes out expecting to win there will have problems. I would think halves next week would be Peachey and Sowie, I just hope if Cartwright gets another start he will show just a little more urgency in defence.

Dufmack

Juniors
Good win anything else would've been unacceptable as tigers were shocking without there best players. Wallace down is bad not because of Wallace's input but because of the quality of the replacements, need Isaac John right now. They will not move moylan, was excellent today my pick would be humble but it is not that bad as soward is used to doing most of the half duties. someone who can hold there own in defence and run would suffice so peachy would be fine.

franklin2323

Immortal
I reckon Humble is ahead of Capewell.

Neither's defence is that good. It will be Peachey/Soward. Moylan running the plays with Seg kicking to help out Soward.

According to some on here we can't win with no Simmons. No Wallace & Cartwright actually getting game time yet here we are got a solid win.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
Maybe if Cartwright plays instead of being 18th man. He may actually get a chance to fix these flaws. Bottom line he got good game time today & was reasonable.

That said I still have Yeo in for him next week but Cartwright needs to play somewhere. We had no 18th man today & survived

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Amen
good player with heaps of potential
but the adulation by some is a little tiresome

The thing is, there is no adulation, except as proclaimed by you guys as it makes it easier to defend Cleary's pretty confusing use of him. Most people on here actually want Cartwright to develop by playing a significant amount of minutes at a reasonable level (i.e., NSW Cup up), but have seen him play f**k all in the last six weeks.

In order to allow this to fit your predetermined worldview, you have decided to pretend everyone wants him playing every minute of first grade, thus being able to ignore how is is ACTUALLY being used, and sparing Cleary any criticism.

Another neat trick is to equate the desire for some to have Docker out of the 17 for a while with the desire for him to be replaced by Cartwright as a starter, when as far as I know, no be actually thinks that. (I would have a Manu-Peachey-Taylor back three and have Grant on the bench for example).

franklin2323

Immortal
Spot on Billy. Docker made 8m last week around 50 today. NSW Cup for a few weeks to work on that type of stuff. Cartwright similar for defence & when to do the fancy stuff.

Plenty in NSW Cup with NRL experience if needed. Grant does run arounds etc down there so no reason Docker can't do the same

Doomednow

Bench
The thing is, there is no adulation, except as proclaimed by you guys as it makes it easier to defend Cleary's pretty confusing use of him. Most people on here actually want Cartwright to develop by playing a significant amount of minutes at a reasonable level (i.e., NSW Cup up), but have seen him play f**k all in the last six weeks.

In order to allow this to fit your predetermined worldview, you have decided to pretend everyone wants him playing every minute of first grade, thus being able to ignore how is is ACTUALLY being used, and sparing Cleary any criticism.

Another neat trick is to equate the desire for some to have Docker out of the 17 for a while with the desire for him to be replaced by Cartwright as a starter, when as far as I know, no be actually thinks that. (I would have a Manu-Peachey-Taylor back three and have Grant on the bench for example).

Sorry mate but this is a load of wank. "...predetermined world-view, you have decided..." lol gtfo with this shit.

You personally might have been a bit more sensible, but there has been some over the top enthusiasm for him over the last few weeks. Just because you haven't said that doesn't mean nobody else on team Bryce has either. There were definitely some premature calls to dump Docker with the suggestion of putting Cartwright in. Somebody (can't remember who) even claimed we could win games on the back of him because he got a bloody offload (was nice, but he wasn't the only player involved in that).

People might conflate the opinions of a few with those of people who just want him getting game time somewhere (its easy to do when we have lots of anonymous user handles) but the opinions came from somewhere to begin with.

This kind of thing

You mean all that time doing nothing on match days hasn't helped him?

doesn't help. Why do people get so damn defensive over him?

maple_69

Bench
If Wallace is out for a while I'd go Moylan to half. Peachey is only a fill in so if it's 2/3 weeks that would be fine.
Putting Cartwright aside, can anyone defend Docker keeping his place? Kite and Mckendry as well?

franklin2323

Immortal
The thing is Peachey in the 6 we scored 3 tries from good set moves. You move Moylan or another half you may not get that.

That would be plan A. Plan B would be running a few different options at train & go from there.

Yeo & Plum should comeback into the side. Any of the 3 named could be the one to drop out.

Pomoz

Bench
I'm not a huge Matt Moylan fan, but how could anybody suggest we drop him after yesterdays performance? One pass in the in-goal doesn't undo all the other great things he did. He even nearly stopped Austin after Cartwright did a powder puff tackle.
I think Moylan is like Simmons, you only realise how much he adds to the team when he is not there. I think our back line moves will be very average without his ball playing.

Latest posts