What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 Vs Titans

That is it for me. If I as a coach want a team to play the exact plan week in week out. Nathan is the 1st player I pick.. Problem is the tactics are poor atm. Hopefully Brennan or someone comes on as attack coach and helps fix that

I really hope we bring in someone else. Our current attack coach is Peter Wallace, I mean I love the guy, but attack is not what he was known for. It kinda says a lot about Cleary’s mindset.

OldPanther

Coach
The other thing is, he needs to get back to running the ball more directly at the line. In 2017 he’s scored 11 tries, which is a lot for a half.

So his passing game might not flourish in a system that throws it around, but his running game could. I’d say it’s his best attacking weapon.

We have a lot of good runners. Hopefully Luai's creativity can bring them in.

franklin2323

Immortal
I really hope we bring in someone else. Our current attack coach is Peter Wallace, I mean I love the guy, but attack is not what he was known for. It kinda says a lot about Cleary’s mindset.

Barrett and Brennan both worked with Ivan and had decent enough set moves. So even a step to them is good enough

Sowie’s a legend. His 2014 with us was great and his sacrifice to leave without staying on our cap was a power play boss move.

But he was a five eighth made to play in the 7 with different 5/8’s almost every week.

There weren’t heaps of 5/8’s in 2014. When Wallace got injured it was pretty much all Will Smith as 5/8 for the rest of the season, there was a game by peachey & one by Cartwright. But it was Soward/Smith when Wallace was ruled out for the season.

From memory I thought Soward actually played better once Wallace was ruled out, he was able to take control.

But he also has Matt Moylan dishing out heaps of try assists from the back.

OldPanther

Coach
No. Storm winning is the greater advantage for us. It will be watched by me with the mute button on and glancing at the TV every now and then. Not going to stomach the Fox commentary wankfest over Smith.

Wish Benji would get the treatment for 300 but it's over shadowed by Smithler.

forby

Juniors
Benji doesn’t deserve the accolades that Smith does. Like him or not he has never given up in a match unlike Benji who regularly went missing in his middle years. Smith has also never been dropped unlike Benji who even went to Union because he couldn’t get an NRL contract.
Another note, it sickens me to say this but I hope Parra wins tomorrow. For me that is almost unforgivable.

GongPanther

Referee
Benji doesn’t deserve the accolades that Smith does. Like him or not he has never given up in a match unlike Benji who regularly went missing in his middle years. Smith has also never been dropped unlike Benji who even went to Union because he couldn’t get an NRL contract.
Another note, it sickens me to say this but I hope Parra wins tomorrow. For me that is almost unforgivable.
Not talking about accolades, and I'm not wasting one more moment on that POS.

OldPanther

Coach
All the points for the Titans game. I included the penalties.

I'll do this every Monday after the game so feel free to offer suggestions on the kinds of things you'd want to see.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
It’s got nothing to do with a Maloney bias, when I look at a defensive structure, I see it in simple numbers and positions.

You clearly don’t, do there isn’t much point continuing this discussion. What you are saying is fundamentally wrong but I can see you will continue to say it.

So how about we just move on.

Go the Panthers.

If I am so wrong then prove it. You are the one calling your opinion a fact, facts can be proven mate so prove it. Like I said better analyst than you or I suggested Maloney made a defensive error there via a bad read but you are the one with the facts so lets see the proof.

I was happy to agree to disagree ealrlier you had to keep going on about facts and saying im wrong, prove it.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
If I am so wrong then prove it. You are the one calling your opinion a fact, facts can be proven mate so prove it. Like I said better analyst than you or I suggested Maloney made a defensive error there via a bad read but you are the one with the facts so lets see the proof.

I was happy to agree to disagree ealrlier you had to keep going on about facts and saying im wrong, prove it.

Read a coaching manual, it’s pretty basic stuff. You don’t need to be Jack Gibson to understand how it works.