What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 Vs Titans

Exsilium

First Grade
I feel that our roll will continue and it will be at the expense of Brennan’s NRL coaching career.

Fangs

Coach
Cleary or Maloney must play.

They have T.Roberts playing half and he is in pretty good form from what I've seen. Very underrated.

Just about the only underrated thing at the Titans.

They should doing a lot better than they are, I had them sneaking in the 8. They have been appalling this year and its embarrassing we lost to them earlier in the year. We need to make amends.

Just about the only underrated thing at the Titans.

They should doing a lot better than they are, I had them sneaking in the 8. They have been appalling this year and its embarrassing we lost to them earlier in the year. We need to make amends.

That game still sh**ts me. It looked like we were going to put a cricket score on them early in the game but we capitulated. It was such a disappointing follow-up game to the previous week’s game against Wests Tigers

Kilkenny

Coach
They were doing ok under Neil Henry until he came. Punching above their weight at the time and really trying. Then the Hayne infection started.

The Titans mean little to me, but I felt so sorry for Neil Henry over his treatment and sacking by the Titan's particularly given Jarryd Hayne's involvement.

I actually had a couple of beers with Neil Henry a few years ago when he was then coach of the Cowboys and his team were in town for a game staying at the same hotel where my wife and I were staying a night. Really nice genuine bloke.

Fangs

Coach
That game still sh**ts me. It looked like we were going to put a cricket score on them early in the game but we capitulated. It was such a disappointing follow-up game to the previous week’s game against Wests Tigers

The Titans are shot mentally and are about to have their coach sacked. They are 2nd for tries and total points conceded. They are a number of individuals who struggle in defence (Roberts, Peachey, Kelly, Cartwright come to mind).

Its crucial that we start giving a few teams a hiding, our F/A is the worst of the 14 teams left in contention for a place in the 8. If we scrape home in this one then its a missed opportunity. If we lose then its just embarrassing.

GongPanther

Referee
Panthers sweat on Maloney with Cleary return unlikely

Penrith are sweating on the fitness of James Maloney following the State of Origin decider with only one other recognised playmaker in Jarome Luai available for their clash with Gold Coast on Friday.

Maloney is expected to be named for the Panthers on Tuesday but faces the task of backing up for his club less than 48 hours after the interstate blockbuster.

With star halfback Nathan Cleary injured the only other player in the squad's top 30 with a halves background is Tyrone May, who has been training with the club but has been stood down from playing commitments until his court case over charges of filming women without their consent is resolved.

Cleary has spent the past week with the Penrith rehabilitation group and is rated only an outside chance of making a return to the field after he was ruled out of Origin III contention.

"Nath's been doing a lot of rehab running and whatever he can to accelerate his ankle recovery," Panthers winger Josh Mansour told NRL.com on Monday.

"You can't leave no stone unturned, you just do whatever you can to get back for your mates. There's some quirky and methods you explore, legally of course.

"You want to look for whatever edge you can coming back from injury even if it's by a percent here or there because it all adds up in the end.

"We don't want to rush him obviously. Last year was a physical and mental battle for him after Origin but he knows the game now and it's going to build his character and resilience.

"We've got a couple of other options if it doesn't work out and our belief is sky high at the moment that whoever comes in can do a job for us."

Penrith captain James Tamou said Maloney wouldn't be pressured into backing up after experiencing the challenge first-hand during his time playing for the Blues.

"We're hopeful but it's a tough ask," Tamou said.

"Some Friday night games after a Wednesday night game is good because you just get it out of the road and don't have too long to think about it.

"But you do everything you can to recover in that short time. In your mind you think you're all right but your body can be a bit behind the eight ball."

The Panthers are climbing the Telstra Premiership ladder after sitting in last spot just six weeks ago with three home games in a row coming up set to be a make-or-break period for the club.

"There's a good vibe but we obviously can't release too much momentum," Tamou said.

"We need to keep fixing things and hopefully keep riding the wave. Ever since we were dead last I haven't looked at the ladder. I know we're around 10th spot but we just need to keep winning."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/07/08/panthers-sweat-on-maloney-with-cleary-return-unlikely/

Panfa

Juniors
When we 1st signed egan from the knights he was a 5/8 then got moved to hooker id go luai at 7 egan 6 kenny at 9.We need 1st grade experience cant throw a rookie 6 in there this is a must win game for us.

Fangs

Coach
Just a left-fielder if both Cleary & Maloney are out - Whare to 5/8.

I'd love to see it.

It would complete the narrative. Never play Dean Whare anywhere but centre. This story hasn't finished yet.

franklin2323

Immortal
I agree. Blore played fullback in CC on the weekend so unlikely to being considered as a replacement for this weekend.

He looked good there but not really a move you'd do to prepare someone for the defensive workload that will come their way

I think Egan or Whare plays in the halves